It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax meat until it’s too expensive to eat, new UN report suggests

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about our freedom? Don't we have the freedom to live in a world that isn't being destroyed by you?

The argument goes both ways and you all are too stubborn to ever admit you are wrong on this one. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Peace out. I'm moving to Mars...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: blueman12

Then deal with the problems and don't punish the innocent for the acts of the guilty.

The problems would already be fixed if the "innocent" refused to allow it.

There is only so much blame we can put on politicians, law makers and corporations. In the end, it's always the people who give them power.

Now comes the choice, do we allow the masses to remain ignorantly compliant in their self-destruction, or do we take control and make the decisions for them.

That is a question i'm sure the "elites" started with.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's a sacrifice if YOU do it.

It's an authoritarian state if you make others sacrifice.

Just accept the fact you want an authoritarian state.

Ending meat consumption isn't a sacrifice for anyone and it isn't an indication of an authoritarian state.

Factory farming is harmful to animals, people, and the planet itself. We should have laws to prevent the harm of such things.

We have laws against shooting and murdering people. Why? because it hurts others. We have laws against burning down buildings, stealing, raping... Factory-farming is something that hurts others, not just the user himself, but others. It is the equivalent of second hand smoke. You may choose to get cancer and die from smoking, but I shouldn't be forced to along with you, so go smoke outside. Do it on your own terms. If you want to eat meat, go hunt for it yourself.

You'd carry more weight if you weren't pro abortion.

Just looked at some of your past posts.

Authoritarian.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What about our freedom? Don't we have the freedom to live in a world that isn't being destroyed by you?

The argument goes both ways and you all are too stubborn to ever admit you are wrong on this one. It's like talking to a brick wall.

You're free to complain.
You're free to have issues.

What you aren't "free" to do is dictate to me and others.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

To whom? You and those you agree with? Society has moved on man. Live back then if you like but it's not even Back to the Future.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You want to remove freedoms.

Don't be shy.

You've stated as much.

I asked if you could come up with a differnt arguement than, "you're / they're going to take my freedoms".
1. How do we fix cruel animal farming?
2. How do we reduce environmental damage and pollution.
3. How do help feed an ever-increasing world population with quality food?

My awnser was a fairly easy response. I'd imagine the awnser to those questions is a lot more complex and difficult without reducing population.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You're free to complain.

I agree BUT why does the GOP not live what they say? They want to be in American's bedrooms, wombs, pay cheques, etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

To whom? You and those you agree with? Society has moved on man. Live back then if you like but it's not even Back to the Future.

The poster was talking about the pain and suffering of another life form (food) but has no issue with abortion.

I find that hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You're free to complain.

I agree BUT why does the GOP not live what they say? They want to be in American's bedrooms, wombs, pay cheques, etc.

GOP sucks too.

link   

You DON'T fix the problem by dictating what I can and cannot do.

link   

Lmao, pro-abortion isn't authoritarian. No one is forcing anyone to get an abortion. Abortion is an issue of morality and what dictates a "human being".

Jesus man, is that all you can argue. This is authoritarian, thats authoritarian! Fairly pathetic arguements..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I find....

Interesting. I don't find what you find.... relevant. Facts help.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

You want to remove freedoms.

Don't be shy.

You've stated as much.

I asked if you could come up with a differnt arguement than, "you're / they're going to take my freedoms".
1. How do we fix cruel animal farming?
2. How do we reduce environmental damage and pollution.
3. How do help feed an ever-increasing world population with quality food?

My awnser was a fairly easy response. I'd imagine the awnser to those questions is a lot more complex and difficult without reducing population.

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but what I do know is that authoritarian folks who want to dictate to others aren't going to fix the problem either.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I find....

I did an ATS search sing the username and the word "abortion".

It was easy.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Lmao, pro-abortion isn't authoritarian. No one is forcing anyone to get an abortion. Abortion is an issue of morality and what dictates a "human being".

Jesus man, is that all you can argue. This is authoritarian, thats authoritarian! Fairly pathetic arguements..

Not really.

I'm usually blunt and won't piss around with being polite.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I find....

I did an ATS search sing the username and the word "abortion".

It was easy.

Hit the Top page for a different channel.

ETA: If one looks long enough you can Google enough to prove anything. Let's deal with reality.... not spin.
edit on 3-8-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Like I said, the idealistic scenario for population reduction would be that in which a majority of society agrees upon it. What, you don't like society making decisions for you?

Well, guess what, that is how democracy works. If you don't like it, then don't participate in society. Live off the land and don't drive. Don't buy forced car insurance. Don't obey speed limits, or follow state laws..

I'm sorry, but you have no middle ground, you just seem like a radical anti-authoritarian. There has to be some authority or it will just be like the wild-west.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Like I said, the idealistic scenario for population reduction would be that in which a majority of society agrees upon it. What, you don't like society making decisions for you?

Well, guess what, that is how democracy works. If you don't like it, then don't participate in society. Live off the land and don't drive. Don't buy forced car insurance. Don't obey speed limits, or follow state laws..

I'm sorry, but you have no middle ground, you just seem like a radical anti-authoritarian. There has to be some authority or it will just be like the wild-west.

A democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to eat for dinner.

I won't infringe on your choices for what to eat, I'd expect the same from everyone else.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Nope the jUN is run by JEWS not IDIOTS. I have the solution to SLAUGHTERHOUSES. Convert them so 2-legged CATTLE can be slaughtered then eaten by other FLESH-EATING ZOMBIES. Then SLAUGHTER them til there is no flesh-eating zombies left over. Don't bother to thank moi for the ANSWERS!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ugh, you're just unwilling to debate or attempt to think of a solution to the problems i presented. You're awnser to everything is either "dont infringe on my rights, or your an authoritarian".

I'm not a rothschild or future president, I have no ability to make massive changes in the world. I'm simply talking about considering population reduction as a means to solve many problems.

Are you able to discuss that without resorting to "don't take my rights", or do just not have the capabilty to philosophize in such a way?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join