It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax meat until it’s too expensive to eat, new UN report suggests

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I got 5 kids myself, not going to be an easy sell.

You only had sex 5 times?

That is six poor money shots....

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

oh you guys are just terrible. I am glad to be here for your entertainment.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

the point I am making is marketing works, and societal behavior can be modified using propaganda/marketing.

But you also said:

There is also another underlying theme that goes with that, and that is an increased birth rate.

Which is not true. According to this, the birth rate in the US has gone from 30.1 in 1910 to 13.8 in 2009. Even with all the sexy ads.

These are the solutions that could work in the developing world where the majority of population growth is occurring. This allows us to make efforts to manage growth without destroying the capitalist system. If we went the China policy, lots of civil strife and clashing of opinions with violent consequences.

Seeing that the birth rate is the number of live births per 1000 people and according to this the US is 1.25 births away from China, there is no need for the US to go the China route. Nice, since civil strife is a good thing to avoid.

And, since half of the countries in the first link are at or below the US birth rate of the late 60's it seems to be working there too. This was the time when the pill came into its own in the US so, that might be a stronger correlation.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well, I guess the only thing I have to fall back on now is marketing DID get us to consume more meat. And I love my meat bloody for the record.

I was just trying to brainstorm for the sake of the OP and the folks that think aliens wont deal with us unless we develop solutions. I don't trust any of the aliens myself, and I would never want to tax meat to the extreme or legislate a reduced birth rate.

But it is good to know, for the sake of others who did have those concerns that the data seems to show that current trends and patterns support the fact that the world is moving in the direction of the stated goals.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'ts funny I read to page 5 or 6 and got tired. Nobody mentioned yet lab grown meats. Yes I"m talking meat cultivated from cell cultures. Tehy're working on it as we speak and formulating something which resembles the normal meats. When they achieve that, we can forget about the cries of animal abuse. Dietary issues--like cancer causing things--can be dealt with on a case by case basis. Environmental issues should be greatly reduced once it's at industrial scale. As it's, this is hte reality right now and it's right around hte corner. Nobody mentioned...

it's a long time coming too. It's not new! Sure, it might be 10 to 30 years away, but that's really not far off. Many of you can remember 30 years ago.

gizmodo.com - The Future Will Be Full of Lab Grown Meat...
www.washingtonpost.com - Lab-grown meat is in your future, and it may be healthier than the real stuff...
edit on 8/8/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Well, I guess the only thing I have to fall back on now is marketing DID get us to consume more meat. And I love my meat bloody for the record.

I don't think so. Hoover promised meat eaters a chicken in every pot back in 1928 and it got him into the white house.

I've never seen anyone push meat to the side of their plate and leave it uneaten. My in-laws push it to the side to have it as their last bite. The aliens must hate them more.

I was just trying to brainstorm for the sake of the OP and the folks that think aliens wont deal with us unless we develop solutions. I don't trust any of the aliens myself, and I would never want to tax meat to the extreme or legislate a reduced birth rate.

The docs linked in the article in the OP don't mention legislated birth rate or taxing meat either.

But it is good to know, for the sake of others who did have those concerns that the data seems to show that current trends and patterns support the fact that the world is moving in the direction of the stated goals.

That is what takes the punch out of fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

[Homer Simpson voice] Hmmm, lab grown bacon.
edit on 8-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join