It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax meat until it’s too expensive to eat, new UN report suggests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can see a day coming when we are all forced to wear fanny packs with fart detectors in them. Tax per fart. Methane is bad for the ozone, you know? And there will be people who think it is a great idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: intrepid
See Soylent Green, about our time. It's not just about one line at the end. It make a case for our times that are coming true. Climate change, mega inflation. Check it out. We haven't gotten there yet but we can see i from here.

Mega inflation is different from mega taxation.

No it's not. Both feed inflation.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I'll need an industrial-sized pack.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I love a good cheeseburger as much as the next guy. But the impact cows have on the environment compared to other large animals like bison is horrible. America should have never made cows the primary source of meat. There were millions of free range bison leaving no impact on the land for thousands of years. Bison are harder to domesticate and down right nasty at times. But we need a sustainable environmentally friendly food source not a pet and the bison is our alternative.

Much like carbon taxes a meat tax would simply tax people and not fix the underlying problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Maybe if we stuck with veal?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

See Soylent Green, about our time. It's not just about one line at the end. It make a case for our times that are coming true. Climate change, mega inflation. Check it out. We haven't gotten there yet but we can see i from here.

Mega inflation is different from mega taxation.

No it's not. Both feed inflation.

True.

Taxation is a percentage, so increasing tax will always create more inflation.

The product will actually be exponential to the rate cosidering income is not increasing.
edit on 3-8-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: JAY1980

Maybe if we stuck with veal?

bacon guacamole double vealburger with pepperjack cheese...wonderful idea. My grinder will get it's first taste of veal very soon!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: 191stMIDET

And for the most part, Gorillas eat insects not flesh.

People are conditioned to think eating insects is gross, much like they are conditioned to think eating meat is wonderful.

Supporting meat consumption because you grew up eating it and because everyone around you says its ok, doesn't make it so. Growing up I thought Christopher Columbus was a hero and our government was there to protect us. Boy was I wrong. Many things I thought were true, turned out wrong. Meat consumption is one of those things.

Ya know, there is a lot of evidence suggesting eating Meat is one of the main reasons our ancestors brains evolved leading us to become humans. P.s. Large Canines are for defense so that part of your argument is flawed imo. But Cheers to you for being a vegetarian. I agree that factory farms have got to go but, I think human beings completely stopping the eating of Meat isn't a very realistic idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

It is just a theory that meat consumption helped aid us intellectually. Historically, there have been lots of theories that were widely accepted for centuries and eventually proven untrue (e.g. black people are like animals, women are intellectually weak and inferior ---- "science" was used to justify these things. Men often invent "theories" to validate and justify their own beliefs). But I need to stop derailing this thread

I support the tax on meat because it doesn't just impact the person eating it, but animals and the planet itself. People need to stop eating meat from factory-farming.

I see no problem with hunting for your own food, as long is you are hunting for food not sport. I also don't have issues with anyone who wants to eat meat. I'd just recommend for your safety to limit your consumption.
edit on 3-8-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This would be a radical idea, hopefully it doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You haven't heard them repeatedly mentioning this? This whole thread is a part of that whole trend.

They will find some excuse to harass meat eaters probably.. say we can't justify all that meat, global warming this, global warming that. Give it some time with overpopulation and meat eaters will be added to the liberals #list..

That's why they are telling us we should be eating insects. Institutional humiliation. There's almost always a Machiavellian plan behind public policy. Like they say, nothing in politics happens by accident.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Who gave ANYONE the right to determine what the rest of us get to eat???

That's my biggest issue!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
To those heralding this and grousing about overpopulation, I provide only this warning... make meat too expensive and enact the other UN agenda restricting access to weapons and ammunition allowing people like myself to harvest our own meat affordably, and the next item on the menu will be long pig. Speaking as a genetic mongrel of Scandanavian and Slavic heritage, my bloodline has done it before and I would consider it long before forced vegetarianism was accepted by me.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
and the next item on the menu will be long pig.

That is scary and disgusting. One of your own if it was extra juicy?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

You haven't heard them repeatedly mentioning this? This whole thread is a part of that whole trend.

They will find some excuse to harass meat eaters probably.. say we can't justify all that meat, global warming this, global warming that. Give it some time with overpopulation and meat eaters will be added to the liberals #list..

That's why they are telling us we should be eating insects. Institutional humiliation. There's almost always a Machiavellian plan behind public policy. Like they say, nothing in politics happens by accident.

Where is your proof? Factory farming and animal cruelty is at its highest point. I have no problem with humans eating animals. The problem lies within our treatment of animals.

Would you allow a dog owner to confine his dog in the basement, in a dark cage, before ruthlessly killing it for meat?

No, that would be consired an act of cruealty and subject to criminal offense. Yet, we are allowed to do this and worse to animals that we choose for our food supply.

There is no proof for a conspiracy to hate meat eaters. Reality shows the exact opposite to be the truth. Turn on your TV, within 5 minutes you will be advertised to eat someone's tasty meat product that was raised and tortured in a factory farm.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Nah man, even Sawney Bean didn't cull food from his own tribe.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I don't torture animals, I kill them swiftly!

And calling people idiots for eating meat is quite childish.

I call people idiots for condemning animal abuse, but allowing it when it comes to animals that are considered food supply.

I have nothing against people or companies that kill animals swifly, humanly, and allow animals to live within a good amount of freedom.

Free-range animals today is mostly a joke. They are cage-less but condensed in housing so that they can barely move.

I find it childlish that anyone who brings up the torture of animals is seen as a PETA-radical looney. Is that really how we deny ignorance here at ATS? We immediately shut down any argument when bringing up animal rights as meat haters?
edit on 3-8-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's OK , we could then just Raise UN Members as a Replacement and Eat Them Too .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To all you meat eaters - you wont be invited to live on Mars.

Earth: the trash bin of the solar system.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You are too myopic. Look at future trends, decades.. these people plan for decades, not years.

The population is a bomb, you think they're gonna let the whole World live that Western lifestyle? No, that's for the elite specifically. This is about bringing the West down in line with the rest of the World, misery for all.. global equality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join