It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhamed was a child molester.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Thetan

So let me clarify. When you say "ethics is a societal construct," do you mean that whatever society deems to be ethical is ethical?

I've stated so explicitly. Was I unclear?
Yes. Within that society. By definition.

So when the Aztecs sacrificed people and deemed that that was ethical, was it?

To that society? Yes it was. Are the Aztecs still around? I'll let you google that one.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

. But the teachings of middle eastern religion are still followed by those who believe in Muhammad.

And in Utah.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

True, but not nowadays. I for one condemn the atrocities committed by those against innocents in todays times and do not condone those who use the past or religion for forgiveness.

It is not acceptable practice nowadays,,, whether regarding belief of Joseph, Mary or Muhammad.

Thankyou for your response and kind regards as always,

Bally
edit on 12-5-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And up until the 1990's in Nowra New South Wales, Australia. Look up "Little Pebble".

Cheers,

Bally

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I respectfully disagree. If your daughter gets raped by a Middle Eatsern man, you will be hurt and furious. And no amount of "his cultures considerations on the matter are different," will assuage the fire within you. The Vietnamn war was wrong; not because I say it was wrong, but because it was. I could go on but I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I wonder at some point in the future when the "moral majority" determines the meat industry — including those who sustain it by purchasing meat to eat — to be unethical, whether people then will look back on us meat-eaters of today with harsh disgust.

Think about it: vegans are technically able to survive on their diet and a great deal of suffering/torture of animals could be abolished if we all decided to go down this route.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

If your daughter gets raped by a Middle Eatsern man, you will be hurt and furious.
Tell me, would it be ok with you if a man from Iowa raped your daughter?

Thank you for making your position perfectly clear.
Clear. Get it? Looks like you may need an audit.

edit on 5/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

But the day we record the tortured screams of produce will be the day our newly aware species collectively apologizes for existing in the first place, issues a blanket (and rambling) statement and ceases to be in this consumer oriented universe... at all.

edit on 5/12/2016 by Baddogma because: forgot a plural "s" .. .well, really, embarassingly it is a worn keyboard that was responsible, but to save the maybe feelings of the keyboard, I took responsibility, being an animist

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I wonder at some point in the future when the "moral majority" determines the meat industry — including those who sustain it by purchasing meat to eat — to be unethical, whether people then will look back on us meat-eaters of today with harsh disgust.

Think about it: vegans are technically able to survive on their diet and a great deal of suffering/torture of animals could be abolished if we all decided to go down this route.

Crikey mate
I'm, struggling here. Help me out. I thought this topic was about Muhammad. Ummm, was he a vegan? I thought he ate goat.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

If your daughter gets raped by a Middle Eatsern man, you will be hurt and furious.

Clear. Get it? It's a joke.

No, because rape is objectively wrong. You're welcome.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I agree. So why did you have to mention a regional origin for the rapist?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I agree. So why did you have to mention a regional origin for the rapist?

Because of your espousal of moral relativism. For example ISIS. They do not consider all cases of raping a woman to be unethical.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

ISIS is an aberration, not a norm of any society, and use rape as a weapon of terror.
As are the Mormon cultists who force children into "marriage", aberrations.
Or do you think all Mormons accept that practice?
edit on 5/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well this was a good while back in a time when life-expectancy was very short... if you think you're gonna die at 25 you'd also be eager to get on with it

But in all seriousness.. Ghandi was a child molester, so was tons of people throughout history... maybe your neighbour is one?

Who cares? All this proves is that if Muhamed existed, he was only a human with self-control problems. Nothing new there.
Lets be glad he's dead and get on with our own life's.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Would rape still be wrong in a situation were there were only two of a species left, male and female, and one of them decided they had an indeterminately long headache? What if they were the last awareness left in the universe?

Would it be "better" to end the continuance of awareness in the extinction of this supposed species, or would the rape(s) be "okay" until a sufficient number of offspring were present to allow choices over procreation?

This exercise is only partly in jest... even though I personally find rape abhorrent, I wonder how far convictions go in the cold light of existential dilemmas (or dilemnas).

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Animals would still eat animals, even if the human race abstained. I am an animal who needs meat. I really do, and I'm not afraid of killing and cleaning my own meat. Respect your food, know where it comes from and respect it for nourishing your body. I believe you should always have balance, this relates to balance in your diet. We are omnivores, our genetics clearly dictates that.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Because in the circumstances of ISIS, all they seem to seek is unethical teachings of violence and their complete disregard for innocents or those who believe in a difference to them. They would like to control the world.

Sadly for them, the world is against them and their believers, while they continue to commit atrocities. Perhaps they could be a bit more tolerant. But I think not.

Kind regards,

bally.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: MysterX

So then. Can we stop sending aid to these countries that practice this crap?

If the choice was mine to make...yes, i would stop all aid to countries who's morality or ideas on ethical treatment of Human beings doesn't fall in line with my own country's (modern) general views.

I would not support any nation, with aid, with technology transfer, with business dealings who conducted activities which were generally considered to be abhorrent to me and the majority of my countryfolk..i would offer negotiation, information resources and education in an attempt to encourage them to choose to fall in line with my views, and if that was forthcoming, the aid, the tech, the business would gradually follow.

I would otherwise not interfere with their culture or their people, other than the offer of education and advice stated above.

If a particular nation or significantly large group of people decided that their views on morality and ethical behaviour was perfectly acceptable to themselves, and they believed in such so adamantly that they were willing to forego the advancements brought to their countries by virtue of investments that international business dealings would provide to them, to forego the technologies developed by other nations with ethics and moralities more in line with those generally accepted by my own country as Humane and just, so be it...it would be their choice to reject such things in favour of maintaining their own staus quo on morality and what they deemed to be ethical behaviour.

The bottom line really is that 'Ethics' and 'Morality' are extremely subjective.

They are also in a more or less a constant state of flux, changing as they do with the passage of time and levels of societal sophistication. What was considered ethical and moral behaviour 500 years ago, is certainly not the standard today, in most countries at any rate.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Torturing babies does not facilitate the functioning of a society. Please provide an example of a society in which the torturing of babies is/was acceptable.

we today cut babies foreskins off and some cases suck the blood from the tip, if that is not torture i dont know what is.

and btw some girl babies are circumcised as well.

all in the name of science and religion,

like i said phage your getting slow not the phage i met on ats some years ago

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree. If your daughter gets raped by a Middle Eatsern man, you will be hurt and furious. And no amount of "his cultures considerations on the matter are different," will assuage the fire within you. The Vietnamn war was wrong; not because I say it was wrong, but because it was. I could go on but I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

I respectfully disagree as well. With your opinion that is.

Life comes and goes. Death is certain.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join