It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgendered children: should a parent be able to chemically alter a child's sex?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Sadly anything from Huffpo is leftist propaganda

An intelligent person looks at both sides of an issue before making a decision or judgement so guess you don't fall into that category. I also didn't know we were limited to using only using right-wing conservative fundamental propaganda or statements from identified hate groups like the American College of Pediatricians you linked.

Hey! I can edit too
Your thenewamerican.com is nothing but right wing spittle

Some sites like:
glenbeck.com
billoreilly.com
rushlimbaugh.com
renewamerica.com

Anybody with a lick of sense can see right through the bs in your quote. Sorry

Sadly many cannot see through the huffpo propaganda. Renew America is just a conservative site but doesn't make it propaganda. I remember back in the days of the Cold War we used to talk about the KGB
Propaganda in Pravda ru but nowadays people don't recognize the same stuff in leftist media.
Both sides of the issue eh.... Sadly you seem
To still see only the left side. I do see both sides but it doesn't mean I have to agree with them both. We can study Hegelian dialectical reasoning and parse current political dialogue.
edit on 29-4-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

People like to throw a lot of terms around. Did you know that binary in this regard refers to the biological reality of xx and xy chromosomes which determine the sex of the baby...... Progressives like to confuse things when they use the term gender to define someone who feels they were born in the wrong body. In even a short amount of research I found out that the medical establishment can not change the chromosomes they can only affect the hormones and then do surgery. That's fine for an adult but it's a travesty that this is being pushed on large numbers of children by a radical group of people and unwitting tools. It also seems that progressives will do and say just about Anything to get their way,

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sadly many cannot see through the huffpo propaganda.

You do realize the Huffpo is like a bulletin board and posts articles by many contributors, right?

Here's some of those contributors in connection with Gender Dysphoria:

Peggy T. Cohen-Kettenis, PhD
Henriette A. Delemarre-van de Waal, MD, PhD
Louis J. G. Gooren, MD, PhD
Department of Medical Psychology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam
Department of Endocrinology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam

www.imatyfa.org...
edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Conservatives like to confuse things when they ignore that consciousness and self awareness comes from the brain, not the genitals. Gender identity comes from the brain, not the genitals. Most of the time, the brain and the genitals match - not always. Like Freija said previously, without the brain, we are nothing but a piece of meat, with genitals.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Oh but the American college of pediatrics has only propaganda doctors?????

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv No dialectical materialists confuse that. Feeling like you would rather be a woman doesn't make you one. Ironically I'm aware that we all contain a 60/40 balance but the chromosomes still determine it.
In the interest of the original Op how does this give parents a precedent for making such an onerous decision for their children? It seems people here have decided that the acp is conservative and therefore their statement that treatment for children can render them irreversibly sterile is either not accurate or maybe just not what they want to hear.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

They are religious right wing.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The chromosomes may determine the physical "meat" part, but the brain determines the conscious self-awareness part. Obviously, if the chromosomes don't match the self-awareness, there is a disconnect somewhere. More and more research is telling us that gender dysphoria is a neurological, not a psychological issue. Anti-psych meds don't work. The dysphoria won't go away until the brain matches the physical or visa versa. We don't know how to change the brain for this, but we can work with the body (with some limitations of course, like the chromosomes). Puberty blockers, hormones, and sexual reassignment surgery are the best we have to work with at the moment.

If you had really done your research, you would know this.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv No dialectical materialists confuse that. Feeling like you would rather be a woman doesn't make you one. Ironically I'm aware that we all contain a 60/40 balance but the chromosomes still determine it.

What in your esteemed opinion does make a woman? "Woman" isn't a sex.

In the interest of the original Op how does this give parents a precedent for making such an onerous decision for their children?

You seem to think this is something parents are telling their kids they have to do. Parents do this in support of their children that are begging for it and are horrified their bodies are going to turn into something they are not emotionally or psychologically.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In the interest of the original Op how does this give parents a precedent for making such an onerous decision for their children? It seems people here have decided that the acp is conservative and therefore their statement that treatment for children can render them irreversibly sterile is either not accurate or maybe just not what they want to hear.

The parents are working with doctors, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, etc. to make these decisions. Sometimes it's better to be sterile than to be dead by one's own hands, which is what happens to a lot of these kids when they don't get the treatment they need. The warning signs are all there - the parents can either ignore them (and likely lose their children forever), or they can get professional help to do something about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

So religious us conservative means scientifically inaccurate?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well.... there's creationism (and the concept that dinosaur bones were left by God to test us), and that right wing nut politician who said that raped women can't get pregnant, and those groups who say you can "pray the gay" away, and ... it goes on.

Sometimes the religious bias overlooks the facts in order to follow the faith.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If the shoe fits. Which it often does.

From those "bad people" the Southern Poverty Law Center.

AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PEDIATRICIANS DEFAMES GAYS AND LESBIANS IN THE NAME OF PROTECTING CHILDREN

Along with NARTH, a deceptively named pediatricians’ group is a second primary source used vilify gay people. The National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) is not the only game in town when it comes to providing “scientific” support for anti-gay groups. The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) has done as much to defame gays and lesbians, all in the name of protecting children. A professional organization for socially conservative pediatricians and healthcare professionals, the group has taken a number of hard-line positions when it comes to LGBT rights, advocating for a prohibition against adoption rights for same-sex couples and also offering high praise for reparative therapy.

www.splcenter.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
No I'm just not buying the story that the chromosomes are one thing but the brain is running on something else. Even from
A metaphysical viewpoint which I have the chromosomes still determine make or female.
And from a metaphysical standpoint I can see how someone who had lived many prior incarnations as one sex can "identify" with that while the present incarnation is as the opposite. I can even see how hormonal balances can create problems. That does not mean however that if one goes through a sex change operation they will
Necessarily be happier.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well, unfortunately for you I guess, you aren't a mental health expert, cuz that's what most of them are saying - whether you buy it or not.

And statistics are showing that the younger people are when they start transitioning to the gender they identify with, the happier they are overall, which is why most of the experts are recommending blocking puberty and earlier use of cross-sex hormones. Obviously, lots of therapy and a team decision including the child and the parents go into all this. We don't have long-term studies, but so far, this protocol seems to be working very well.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Long term study here. A lot longer than most. Not necessarily in the efficacy of puberty blockers per se, but certainly in validation of the overall therapeutic approach. I owe my life and very existence to it.

Nobody can argue with that.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: redshoes

People like to throw a lot of terms around. Did you know that binary in this regard refers to the biological reality of xx and xy chromosomes which determine the sex of the baby...... Progressives like to confuse things when they use the term gender to define someone who feels they were born in the wrong body. In even a short amount of research I found out that the medical establishment can not change the chromosomes they can only affect the hormones and then do surgery. That's fine for an adult but it's a travesty that this is being pushed on large numbers of children by a radical group of people and unwitting tools. It also seems that progressives will do and say just about Anything to get their way,

You do realize aside from visual differences and hormone expression, theres only conditioning of what man and woman boy or girl is, who and how they should act or be... what gives you or any group a right to try to condition or control that on others?

How about a majority says you know 3rd eye of Horus... we believe butter is the only food healthy for you, so now all youre gonna get by law is butter... but but why are you all eating steak? Cause you like placing conditions on others... so maybe under that control youll see its just conditions saying you cant have steak and only butter... But damn you all its my choice!!! Well so is the topic of discussion, just because one group is conditioned to think or say its bad or good doesnt mean it is reflective of the whole or actually the truth... just a conditioned belief and a conditioned response, that we can come to an argeement on by saying not your body not your right to dictate or control what someone wants to do with theirs or with whom they mutually consent to do it with... the public means public meaning it represents all kinds in public trying to control that or what someone does in their own home is an extremist view...

But I dont like it? My group over here doesnt like it? Um well thanks for the opinion?
edit on 29-4-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How did are society go from not wanting to stereotype our children into a gender role to pushing them into one if it takes chemicals. No wonder there will never be a cure for cancer. Chemicals and drugs solve all problems........

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how anyone was happy before technology?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
Brainwashing has gone deep neutron. I don't know what to say to people who have bought the lies.
People have not seen the bigger picture either but this article I posted seems to have rubbed a few people the wrong way....so hmmmm might we wonder why?

In its “anchor standards,” the framework says children should learn to think of themselves as typical collectivists, based on their “identity” in various “groups” — race, class, gender, sexuality, and so on. “Students will develop positive social identities based on their membership in multiple groups in society,” says the first anchor standard in the “identity” section. In the “action” section it adds: “Students will plan and carry out collective action against bias and injustice in the world and will evaluate what strategies are most effective.” In other words, schools should produce legions of radical leftist social justice warriors to go out and demand wealth redistribution, Big Government, “tolerance” at gunpoint, and more. Indeed, the “teaching tolerance” project makes absolutely clear that it is about more than just indoctrinating students — it is also about spawning little activists who will go out into the world and spread the SPLC's radical views in their schools, communities, and beyond. The program, founded in 1991, is described by the SPLC as an “online K-12 literacy-based anti-bias curriculum designed to help teachers deliver culturally responsive instruction while meeting the requirements of the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts/Literacy.” It also has a magazine that it sends out to half-a-million “educators” across America. But it is much more than that.
www.thenewamerican.com...
edit on 30-4-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join