It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgendered children: should a parent be able to chemically alter a child's sex?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

The bigger picture is that these children are the future and are exposed to te adult world on a daily basis,

Yes they are, and I've posted that they absorb whatever is in their environment. If we continually assault them with ideas about gender dysphoria, what do you think is going to happen?
It will be incidental that parents will be on board with this because their own child will be displaying such things as have been absorbed through this type of indoctrination and will become the tools for demanding whatever the movement wants. This is collectivism at its very worst.
edit on 1-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

99% of these transgender kids start telling their parents that they don't identify with their biological sex long before they ever start the evil public schools. Usually they are from 2 to 4 years old when they realize it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Annee

Oh you hate everything Christian don't you annee.

"Fundies" are a particular breed of
?Christian? Don't recall blanketing all Christians. I do sometimes use the term "the religious". Which usually means those who use their religion against others. Sometimes I use it in a positive way depending on subject. Such as: "There are many religious who support equality for LGBT.

Some of the founders of Southern Baptist (not saying you are) were direct descendants from the Puritans. The Puritans were basically thrown out of England for trying to force a government theocracy under their version of Christianity.

edit on 1-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Are you beginning to lose it with Common Core?

I already researched 2 of your links/authors and posted the results in this thread.

Now, let me repeat another post from above.

Linking me to an entire page of books/articles against Common Core means nothing.

Each person has a perspective of why they think a certain way. Until you know that perspective - - just saying I'm against Common Core means nothing. I'm not going to research every author.

Start a thread, or another one on Common Core.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Geez! Talk about thread drift...

• Children are not transgender because of school or how it is taught
  • Children are not transgender because of programming or conditioning
  • Children do not care what religion you are or aren't
  • Children don't care if you are left/right, liberal/conservative
  • Children are not transgender because of television
  • Children are not transgender because of the Internet and biased media
  • Older kids that do use the Internet may find a label for what they are - awareness doesn't cause it
  • You cannot make someone transgender
  • You cannot un-make someone transgender
  • If you have gender dysphoria you will have it for life
  • It is not a choice

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

99% of these transgender kids start telling their parents that they don't identify with their biological sex long before they ever start the evil public schools. Usually they are from 2 to 4 years old when they realize it.

99% of almost no group, does anything...

People are just to varied...which is why I hate the "black/white community" myth..as if there is a news letter that tells everyone how their race should feel, or as if everyone is somehow responisble for the actions of every person with their skin color...

I bet there has never been any study stating a %....and if their was I guarentee it wasn't even close to 99%.

I do not see how a 4 year old could have a strong enough grasp on gender to decide one way or the other..especially if not surrounded by other kids (such as a large day care) to be able to compare and contrast the genders of its peers.

I'm down with it being a genetic mistake, and thus totally out of the control of the parents/kid/Drs, but I think any diagnosis you attempted to make on the depression of a 4 year old, would be guessing at best.

4 year olds rarly see the genitalia of others, so how do they know their's is different?

All the mannerisms and dress choices of the genders, have nothing to do with genetics....if a kid grew up thinking men were supposed to wear dresses and women arnt. It wouldn't play any part in their gender or sexual orientation...so I don't see how a 4 year old wanting to wear dresses, or dress like mom, would be a sign of anything.

It's not like you can have an indepth logical conversation with a 4 year old!?!

I guess it's just personal experience, but my kid couldn't have "relayed the message" at 4. I think most people with kids would agree, they can't imagaine there 4 year old being informed or "smart" enough to give you (or a Dr.) enough information to correctly diagnosis them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Geez! Talk about thread drift...

• Children are not transgender because of school or how it is taught
  • Children are not transgender because of programming or conditioning
  • Children do not care what religion you are or aren't
  • Children don't care if you are left/right, liberal/conservative
  • Children are not transgender because of television
  • Children are not transgender because of the Internet and biased media
  • Older kids that do use the Internet may find a label for what they are - awareness doesn't cause it
  • You cannot make someone transgender
  • You cannot un-make someone transgender
  • If you have gender dysphoria you will have it for life
  • It is not a choice

I'm probubally stepping in one here, but you can make someone transgendered....or (assuming it's genetic) at least believe they are...

Look at the Russian Feral child. Her horrible POS parents made her a dog. That is a far greater feat than making a boy, believe they are a girl.

Look at crazy Christian fudamentalists, some one made them deny all logic and reason.

I'm not saying there is some secret cabal of gay Drs running around making trans kids, just that people are brainwashed to believe farther fetched stuff then that.

Honestly we have no clue what is picked up from our environments and what is natural instinct. If we were to raise a few kids in total isolation we could find out, but that would be extremely monsterous, so instead we just guess.

We don't know what causes these kind of disorders, but they are definatly classified as disorders, and have roughly the same rate per capita of the other genetic disorders. Which is why I lean twards it being due to genetics.

I think a lot of the pushback comes from, all these unknowns and when your making decisions, with life long effects, for children with out knowing the why, what or how. Without even a definitive test....

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It wouldn't play any part in their gender or sexual orientation...so I don't see how a 4 year old wanting to wear dresses, or dress like mom, would be a sign of anything.
I agree. But it's not a matter of clothing.
psycnet.apa.org...
edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Actually Joshua, I believe that the Totalitarian nightmare which is the UN One World Government is neither right nor left, Democrat nor Republican, etc....just like the late Antony Sutton said. The Synthesis of these opposites is the New World Order. www.prisonplanet.com...
Many Republicans today are tied into the NWO.

If there is a NWO, they don't want changes... The ridiculous illuminati conspiracy is based on two totally illogical falcies....

1) that a secret of organization made up of the smartest most powerful people on the planet, are putting symbolism in all of our movies and such.
A) not if they wanted to stay a secret lmao, if they don't do that, no one even knows to start looking...it is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard...

2) they want to cause some big chaotic event that kills off a certain % of the population, usually to better control people..

A) chaos and big crazy events do not benifit those in charge. They benefit this without power. "Stirring the pot" means power goes up for grabs. There would be no way to insure they retained power after a big event.

The UBBER rich and powerful already live like kings, have no accountability and do not have to follow laws. There would be no gain in anything that disrupts the status quo.

If there is an NWO/illuminati, they don't want big events, they want up to continue going to work and buying their products.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Man, I almost think this deserves its own thread (and might make one..), but here goes:

Assuming being gay/transgendered is a genetic and/or nuerological disorder. Where the brain is wired different then your physical body appears...

If we had the technology to "fix" them at birth (or later really) should we?

If we had a definitive test, like say a brain scan, and we could pop them in a machine that would rewire them to be straight or their identify as their birth sex, should we?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Man, I almost think this deserves its own thread (and might make one..), but here goes:

Assuming being gay/transgendered is a genetic and/or nuerological disorder. Where the brain is wired different then your physical body appears...

If we had a definitive test, like say a brain scan, and we could pop them in a machine that would rewire them to be straight or their identify as their birth sex, should we?

Who is "we"?

If someone is genetically "different" shouldn't it be up to them to decide?

Laws need to accommodate for Equal Rights without expectation a person be "fixed".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Who is "we"?

If someone is genetically "different" shouldn't it be up to them to decide?

Laws need to accommodate for Equal Rights without expectation a person be "fixed".

We= humanity lol

We don't not fix a cleft lip, "because they might want it later.."

PS I did start that other thread, because I think it's interesting. It's under social issues the same as this one if you would like to participate.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not sure what point you were trying to make? That natal females are transgender too?

Incidentally, all research by Bradley and Zucker is highly suspect and being discounted by most researchers due to methodology and the fact that they were practicing reparative therapy (trying to pray it away) and also that they failed to accurately differentiate between those actually gender dysphoric and those that weren't. I appreciate what you are trying to point out but when I see Bradley and Zucker involved, I stick my fingers in my ears and go la la la la.

JoshuaCox, being in the wrong body, having people tell me how to behave, act and what to wear and expectations for gendered behavior and resisting them are my earliest memories in life. I knew I was a girl and that is all I've ever known myself to be. Forcing someone to be something they are not is unethical and cruel. Changing someone's personality, their identity and who they know themselves to be would be considered criminal if someone tried to do it to you. Trust me, my parents tried everything, doctors only pissed me off because they didn't listen and these things weren't widely known when I was a child but the thought that someone can be changed into something different from what they are psychologically and emotionally is reprehensible. "Deciding" on a gender is not something a 4-year old does, it is just something they are.

Save your concerns for your own children. Mind your own business when it comes to decisions other families make. There is and never has been something about me that need fixed other the things wrong with my body that had absolutely nothing to do with who I was as a person or my "gender". Nobody made me this way, nobody or nothing could make me be something I wasn't and something I've never been.

I don't know who "we" is but you can take your magic fix it machine and fears of some NWO plot or whatever and stick it somewhere. Starting new threads because you can't win a discussion or because you fail garner support for your uninformed opinions is really chickensh!t and pretty low. You've done it twice now so I can only assume your intent is to incite and be inflammatory. Maybe it is you that needs "fixed"? Maybe you just need to keep your nose out of things that don't affect you or your daughter because I for one don't appreciate your concern trolling.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Not sure what point you were trying to make? That natal females are transgender too?
That the characteristics of transgenders go beyond wearing a dress.

The claim:

It wouldn't play any part in their gender or sexual orientation...so I don't see how a 4 year old wanting to wear dresses, or dress like mom, would be a sign of anything.

edit on 5/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Okay, got it. People just don't understand that transsexualism is not about dressing up and pretending. Thank you for your comments.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Okay, got it. People just don't understand that transsexualism is not about dressing up and pretending. Thank you for your comments.

I bet you could even be a tomboy transgender m/f who likes jeans and playing in the mud.

Dresses optional

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I bet you could even be a tomboy transgender m/f who likes jeans and playing in the mud.

Dresses optional

Heck, some of these girls could even grow up and like riding motorcycles.

That's me at 29. That was 32 years ago. I still like motorcycles and don't even remember the last time I wore a dress. This has nothing to do with anything.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Dresses optional

Heck, some of these girls could even grow up and like riding motorcycles.

That's me at 29. That was 32 years ago. I still like motorcycles and don't even remember the last time I wore a dress. This has nothing to do with anything.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
contributed far too much in the other thread to continue here......

Oh well, may your path to orgasm be a peaceful one.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

People just don't understand that transsexualism is not about dressing up and pretending.

Wait, it's not?

I'm an idiot, was thinking transvestite.
edit on 0120160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join