It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need your help. Might be homeless in under a month.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Ghost, brother, you have real skills at avi art creation.

Create a sampling of your best works, and use them to seek out computer art jobs.

Easy peasy, work from home, no physical requirements.

Look, I even put the kittens back on for you man, you got this #!!!

BTW, I have been there before, I was homeless twice, no hope, no light at the end of the dark tunnel...

Do not give up, fight damnit, if not for yourself, for your obviously terrific wife!

I mean she has to be terrific, you married her, and I think you are #ing awesome!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Find a hustle.. Buy something wholesale and sell it at a flea market, you would be amazed at how money you can make if you find deals.

Shoes,sports apparel , pipes and bongs, there are so many ways to make money in this country , I am surprised people are happy with a 20$ an hour job, like that's good money.

20 dollars for a whole hour.

My advice for what it is worth, when your house sells invest that money in a business or something that will sell.

I have worked for people and worked for myself, I choose myself every time.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to pry or put you off, I can't really offer any specific advice without knowing more. Thats really none of my business, either.

So I'll back off, let others chime in.

All the best.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It sounds like the best scenario right now is for your house to sell. That's #1. Are you out of the house when it is shown? Is there any medical equipment in the house which might turn off a prospective buyer? My questions may seem dumb to some but psychology, feeling and intuition come into play when people are looking for a house to buy even if they are not consciously aware of it.

You seem to have a "dark cloud" over you which is greatly hindering your efforts to improve or change your situation and it just feeds on itself in a closed loop of despair, plus your wife's health is deteriorating because of it.

Please don't laugh but I will "pray." (I'm not religious but spiritually attuned which is why I put the word pray in parentheses.)

A happier avatar wouldn't hurt.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Can you rent out your place and move in with your dad for a while?
Go to Lowes or homedepot 11-17 bucks an hour ( I think it depends on your experience and the department you work in), but you will get full insurance for you and your mrs. And you can start on a week, it worked for someone I know quite well when they needed it for a time.
And keep looking for new work whilst you are there.

Never stop fighting .

Massive hugs Z.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
I mean she has to be terrific, you married her, and I think you are #ing awesome!

So many compliments, perhaps I should leave her for you?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Dear Ghost,

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles! I can hear your frustration and I do understand - it can be incredibly stressful to have both medical, work, and financial struggles at the same time!!

Advice? Well, not really. More like suggestions. (I only read some of the posts so forgive me if this is redundant)

1) Breathe. Still breathing? Good. Then there's hope.
2) You have some really good graphics skills there, friend...have you looked into freelance work? What other mad skills do you have that could be put to use?
3) Are there expenses you could, at least short-term, reduce or eliminate? I'm sure you've already done this, but I'm just brainstorming here...
4) Can you rent your home until it sells, thus moving in with your relatives faster and generating some income? The tenant would have to be a very solid financial prospect, not crazy (!), and come with several excellent references, as well as be willing to move in a reasonable amount of time if the house has sold, and put up with the house being shown.
5) Can you widen your job search to other areas? In other words, get something going to move into in a less expensive area while the house stays on the market? You might end up with your wife at her parent's house while you forge ahead into a new town/area to find work, but if it isn't for too long, it might be worth it?

In any case. Time to think outside the box and look at how you could get to where you want to be - off grid and growing your own food. You might consider growing food to sell too, like a specialty market for restaurants or something that wouldn't require mass production, to supplement your life.

I'm cheering for you, ghost!!

Best wishes and luck. I hope you will let us know how you fare.

- AB

PS: I don't mean for you to answer all my questions here - they are more out-loud musings offered to inspire thought, not questions I expect answers to...
edit on 25-2-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
Consider bankruptcy, especially if your credit has taken a hit anyway.

The best advice I can give to anyone regardless of their situation is that it is OK (maybe even recommended) to take a job that is beyond your capability. It will force you to step up and learn thereby bettering yourself at the expense of an employer instead of paying for training.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I had a friend go through it and it saved her from homelessness! She still lives in her home.

Good luck to you Ghost!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You have medical bills of $1000-6000 and you live in a province in Canada? Canada has universal healthcare. I'm not buying your story sorry.
edit on 25-2-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

What kind of work do you do?

I know people, depending on job experience.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not aware of your skills and experience, but don't fear the lowest of jobs, at least to abide time. Small incremental steps upward are sometimes better than waiting for an opportunity.

I notice you can handle photoshop. There are many freelance gigs you can find online. But freelance is feast or famine.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

You have medical bills of $1000-6000 and you live in a province in Canada? Canada has universal healthcare. I'm not buying your story sorry.

I'm afraid to say that folks outside of the country have been sold a sham, it sucks for us here in Canada because we live the sham. Unless you have private medical insurance, you're on the hook. Last I heard an ambulance pickup will cost you about $400 minimum. Outside of basic check ups, you're on your own.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure which country you are in but some countries after 07 had government introduced debt relief, where an agency negotiates on your behalf to your creditors to remove the interest for a period of time. I think the banks with mortgages will also delay the interest for a period of 6 months if you lost your job.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

Our prescriptions aren't all covered by medical, nor are dentists, podiatrists (in Alberta), and some medical equipment. Varies by province.

The story sounds like Alberta, this province has been all about the oil, energy companies are laying off or shutting down, all the spin off businesses are laying off or shutting down.

I've heard BC is doing the most hiring, if you're able to travel for work, and the wife is with family, it'll just be a little bit of a long distance relationship for a while.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ghost147, I get the feeling you're here in Alberta. I don't know what you've done for a living, what your Mrs's condition is or what you can get by on. I know from personal experience one can make around $20/hr cash sometimes doing spring clean up's, lawn aerations. Personally I have a good job in a similar trade, and have lived in an old RV here in Cowtown for 2 winters now, aiming to leave in a few more months. If you have an option to get out in a way to accommodate your wife's needs, examine what you really need, and the resources you do have to help you.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
A happier avatar wouldn't hurt.

SHHHHHH!

He might just put that other one back, you know that hideous exoskeleton dude...

Just KIDDING Ghost, I think...

BTW just know that you are NOT alone.

I suspect that many here on ATS have been going through sheer hell as well.

Don't forget to be thankful for the things you DO have, that wife for one.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
2) You have some really good graphics skills there, friend...have you looked into freelance work? What other mad skills do you have that could be put to use?

Compared to professionals, I don't really consider myself near the same level. As much as I would like to do graphic design, I'm afraid that I simply have no idea where I would start.

3) Are there expenses you could, at least short-term, reduce or eliminate? I'm sure you've already done this, but I'm just brainstorming here...

Yes, we've already done that and reduced our monthly spending for about $2,000+. All we have now is bare essentials and mandatory bills.

4) Can you rent your home until it sells, thus moving in with your relatives faster and generating some income?

Unfortunately not, due to medical reasons.

5) Can you widen your job search to other areas? In other words, get something going to move into in a less expensive area while the house stays on the market? You might end up with your wife at her parent's house while you forge ahead into a new town/area to find work, but if it isn't for too long, it might be worth it?

We cannot preemptively move in with family because their house is not large enough for another 2 people.

As for job search, Due to my employment insurance, I need to be making a minimum of $16/hour full time to be able to make the same amount, which I have been searching for. Unfortunately, since the unemployment rate in my province has doubled in the last 12 months, everyone else is also searching for these same jobs.

In any case. Time to think outside the box and look at how you could get to where you want to be - off grid and growing your own food. You might consider growing food to sell too, like a specialty market for restaurants or something that wouldn't require mass production, to supplement your life.

We are planning on growing to sell. As for getting to that lifestyle, I'm not sure how we could do it without any money at all, at least coupled with medical issues. If I was on my own I could just live in the forest, literally, and have no issues with it.

Thanks for your well wishes

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

There is no way you haven't been able to find a job in a year. Local businesses are practically begging for workers everywhere I look. I guarantee I could have a job within a week at any number of places like the t-mobile or home depot or wal-Mart or any local restaurant.

My daughter is in high school and she has job offers all the time. If you don't have a job you just don't want one or you must not live in the United States.

There is zero reason to be homeless.

link   
You can also go door to door and offer to sell stuff for people on eBay or clean garages or do odd jobs. There are literally 100s of things you can do while you wait for you dream job.
edit on 2016/2/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: windword

I had a friend go through it and it saved her from homelessness! She still lives in her home.

Good luck to you Ghost!

I don't understand. Doesn't bankruptcy make the bank take your home?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join