It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened JUST BEFORE Justice Scalia Died is Raising Some SERIOUS Questions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: xuenchen

life is just one big conspiracy to you, huh?....nothing bad ever happens in this world that isn't generated by some deliberative entity, right?....your paranoia is consuming your critical-thought processes.

It's pretty terrifying when you consider who the most likely voters are.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What Happened JUST BEFORE Justice Scalia Died is Raising Some SERIOUS Questions

Seems the topic has been forgotten....please discuss it and not the myriad of other things seen on the last few pages.
You are responsible for your own posts.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

ETA
and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Mon Feb 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What DTOM said ^^^
edit on 2/15/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

You might want to read what Scalia actually said buddy

I did. I quoted him. He said that gun control is Constitutional, as are laws against certain types of weapons.

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. ‘Miller’ said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those ‘in common use at the time.’ 307 U.S., at 179, 59 S.Ct. 816. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

yeah, but you didn't quote everything he said:

But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.”

You cannot change the 2nd Amendment to fit your ideology. You can either legally own the same weapons the military uses, or you cannot.

As it stands, you certainly can legally own NFA items.

Because .. you know .. the 2nd Amendment and 'Murica!
edit on 15-2-2016 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Neither did you.

He said that the argument that the banning of military style weapons is unconstitutional is erroneous. He said that laws against ‘dangerous and unusual weapons’ are allowed because only weapons which were ‘in common use at the time' were protected under the Constitution.

Here is what he said in the majority decision on Heller.

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court's opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on long-standing prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller's holding that the sorts [***647] of weapons protected are those "in common use at the time" finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

www.bloomberglaw.com...

The NRA doesn't like that stance so they would be likely suspects in bumping him off.

That depends on where you are. You can't in Chicago.
www.nbcnews.com...
Nor can you in a number of states.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Signals
There's no such thing as coincidence.

The so called "conservatives" better not cave on this one.....

Do you mean they better NOT do their job/constitutional duty as members of the U.S. Senate?

Not to worry, they haven't been doing anything like that for at least 7 yrs..

God forbid the court lose it's conservative majority after having it for only 40 yrs..

The court should be filled with constitutionalists, not conservative or liberal voters, because they are judges ON THE CONSTITUTION. An assassination (everything points to this) of a SC justice absolutely destroys any kind of constitutional checks and balances on government power. The executive branch has been consolidating power, particularly during Bush and Obama's tenures. Why? Well, you have to look into the banking and CIA ties to really understand what is going on. Anyone who opposes the complete global control they are aiming for are being eliminated or sidelined, one at a time. WAKE UP.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure someone had him killed all the evidence is there. Obama wanted this guy DEAD@@! This was the only guy who stood in his way in the high court! A 20ml injection of AIR inside of a vein will cause a heart attack and if there was NO autopsy a small puncture wound could be over looked. i can not say with a clear heart and mind this man was not killed by obama. END OF STORY

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Neither did you.

He said that the argument that the banning of military style weapons is unconstitutional is erroneous. He said that laws against ‘dangerous and unusual weapons’ are allowed because only weapons which were ‘in common use at the time' were protected under the Constitution.

Here is what he said in the majority decision on Heller.

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court's opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on long-standing prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller's holding that the sorts [***647] of weapons protected are those "in common use at the time" finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

www.bloomberglaw.com...

The NRA doesn't like that stance so they would be likely suspects in bumping him off.

That depends on where you are. You can't in Chicago.
www.nbcnews.com...
Nor can you in a number of states.
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think he was bumped off. But .. if he was bumped off, then it was more than likely how he ruled in favor of the District of Columbia v. Heller. He was very pro 2nd Amendment. He even got an A+ rating from the NRA

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I would like to take this moment and say something that may, or may not be, important. Vice President Joe Biden wrote the playbook (as a Senator) on blocking President Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork.

So, when you hear someone claiming that what Mitch McConnell is doing is blocking President Obama from doing his "Constitutional" obligations ... just keep that in mind

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Sounds like he was getting some pillow therapy.

Although the pillow on the face might have been an amusing distraction for doing something else to the guy. There are any number of pretty straightforward ways to 'give someone a heart attack', that's sort of SOP anymore.

Very amazed they didn't do an autopsy just for thoroughness, though.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Regardless, I am Happy Scalia is Gone. If you think I'm wrong tell me something the Man accomplished to the Benefit of Mankind. I'll listen.

Voting against Obama's Clean Water Act ruling for one...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I posted that link on the other thread started by Skeptic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some people want to claim that at 79 years old it is only natural for him to die... Not really. i know older seniors who are as overweight and with more health problems than Scalia and they are alive. I haven't seen any reports indicating Scalia had a heart condition or had heart attacks before this. When you put this together, and the fact that the Obama administration has done several unconstitutional actions throughout his career, including trying to bypass Congress several times and arming Mexican drug cartels with American firearms to then blame it all on American gun laws, it is very plausible that the Obama administration sanctioned the murder of Justice Scalia.

edit on 16-2-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Regardless, I am Happy Scalia is Gone. If you think I'm wrong tell me something the Man accomplished to the Benefit of Mankind. I'll listen.

Protected video game entertainment as free speech / expression
Guy has at best a extremely spotty record, but what you just wrote here is disgusting. I am fine with him not being in the scotus anymore, but its a shame it didn't result from him deciding he simply quits and wants to watch sunsets at the beach.

What did he do positive? stood against censorship pushed by progressives.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply. Xuenchen

I thought the same thing as soon as I heard he died. I know Obama has a very detailed and horrendous agenda going on. This is interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Signals
There's no such thing as coincidence.

The so called "conservatives" better not cave on this one.....

Do you mean they better NOT do their job/constitutional duty as members of the U.S. Senate?

Not to worry, they haven't been doing anything like that for at least 7 yrs..

God forbid the court lose it's conservative majority after having it for only 40 yrs..

The court should be filled with constitutionalists, not conservative or liberal voters, because they are judges ON THE CONSTITUTION. An assassination (everything points to this) of a SC justice absolutely destroys any kind of constitutional checks and balances on government power. The executive branch has been consolidating power, particularly during Bush and Obama's tenures. Why? Well, you have to look into the banking and CIA ties to really understand what is going on. Anyone who opposes the complete global control they are aiming for are being eliminated or sidelined, one at a time. WAKE UP.

There are no signs of an assassination, except for in the minds of delusional right-wind conspiracy theorists.

If Obama was going to have Scalia killed for opposing his policies, he would have done it long ago.

If anyone killed Justice Scalia, it was probably "Mother Nature" who done it!

She definitely had the motive!

Maybe, she doesn't like people who attempt to thwart climate change legislation intended to protect her planet.

And you know what they say;

It's not smart to mess with Mother Nature!".

I'm confident that America and the world will be better off without Scalia on the court.

I call it "Divine Order."

edit on 16-2-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

This is NOT going before the Supreme Court in June, its going before a lower court in June. The earliest the Supreme Court could possibly hear it for oral argument would likely be next February or March, and it could possibly not be until the following October depending on how long the D.C. circuit decision takes.

Also, they may delay if they don't have a full bench on this one - it just depends. So, we are not looking at a hearing on this in the Supreme Court for quite a while.

I don't see this as a reason to kill Justice Scalia by the way. Obama wont have the power he does now when this case is heard, unless of course a Dem wins this election and/or wins control of the Senate by next year. None of that seems likely to me, after 8 years of Obama, I think the vote will lean republican this time, it usually goes that way. If the majority votes for Trump or any other republican, I see no reason why the Senate would go democrat with the republicans who are up for reelection.

It really just means its very important this year, for republicans to get out and vote, not just for president, but also for the Senate seats.

edit on 16-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen>>> I'm all for conspiracy theories( and this looks odd with no autopsy and the death scene as described) but let's not blame Obama for anything. Obama's a stooge, an imbecile that is there to sign his name and wave to people fool enough to take him seriously. He couldn't mastermind ordering from a children's menu. The people that OWN Obama and put him there and pull his strings, they're the ones that may have done in Scalia. Or maybe he died from something else or something embarrassing and they want that covered up. Its an odd bunch that hang out down there, the creep factor is considerable. I think they have the SCJ pretty much where they want them on the key decisions and they have them decide how they'll vote with just enough to get what they want passed or not. Maybe Scalia was a lone holdout or maybe there's one or two others on the left or right that they haven't compromised and they wanted him to go. Global warming is so ridiculous its hard to believe they can force it through but they are. One way or another.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20374567] Bandersnatch

J.F.K. was killed in broad daylight for sure! Secret Team, Secret Society, Trilateral Commission or whatever we choose to call them, or just the worst form of corruption based on big bucks changing hands. after a wink and a nod. Its been happening for a very long time and the arguments that it was a conspiracy or just a coincidence will go on.

The bottom line is that it has to stop! There is never any evidence sufficient to prove a link. There wasn't with the murder of J.F.K. nor will there likely be such evidence of a link in the death of a conservative Supreme Court Justice either.

We have to take back our country from these secret societies and return America to its people or we risk having no democracy left at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight... He died with a pillow on top of his head, in a bed that looked like he was "placed" in, and the local judge decided that no autopsy was necessary??? Really? Our Country is literally being led with corrupted dipsh*ts all around... It blows my mind how they would not think a supreme court judge should have a autopsy?? Especially with the country being on pins and needles as it is, leading into the election year... If they want to begin putting our minds at ease, they need to start being a little less corrupt, and a LOT MORE transparent... Man, just writing that sounds like pretend world... sigh

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that - if it was foul play - that the administration is the only player who stands to benefit? There is tons of money to be made on Climate Change...people do crazy things for money.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join