It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy trinity dogma is polytheistic.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Rasalghul

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Rasalghul
a reply to: wisvol

Fathet, Son, Holy Spirit. That's 3 persons/separate deities.

Egg shell, egg white, egg yolk. It's still a single egg.

That's the best you can do is compare the trinity to an egg?

A shell is not a yoke and neither it the white part a shell.

The have different uses and are made of differet material.

So? And without the shell, there can be no egg. Without the white or the yolk, there is likewise no egg.

One thing with different parts. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

No, but it is a dumb analogy. God is an egg, come on, it is dumb. You know it as well as I do that it doesn't make christianity any less polytheist. Any other trinity in history has been polytheist. Christians don't get immunity because they want it (at least not from me). Trinity=3=polytheism.

Is that a difficult concept for you?

Why are christians exempt from all logic, yet extend that courtesy to no one else?
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Why are christians exempt from all logic, yet extend that courtesy to no one else?

It's not just Christians, people of all faiths apply logical gymnastics to their own religions and apply the double standard to others. Its something you get used to the longer you discuss theology.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Cool. I say live and let live, I guess I'm just a simpleton. I like easy tolerant philosophy.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
a reply to: Murgatroid

The biblical doctrine of the Trinity, one God in three Persons, is usually attacked as being pagan or satanic in origin.

Wow, that's new to me. Thanks. Which part of the Bible says three Persons?

The Bible talks of God, of God's Holy Spirit and of Jesus who was God (according to John the Apostle) and who was "equal with God and was God" (according to Paul). That is three persons.

The Church got together and tried to make a definite decision on the nature of God in a couple of big conferences, @ 380 years after Christ. The majority decision is that the Bible spoke of three specific persons who were combined as the one God. The outcome of the conference was the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed.

So the Bible does not say "God is a Trinity", but that conclusion is easily drawn from what the Bible does say.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well with the nuance it's easier. Thanks.

My recollection of reading the texts attributed to שאול התרסי do not present or imply that anything other than G is equal to G but I mean cool sure. Still interested in the actual quote, with chapter and verse if that's not too much trouble.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

My recollection of reading the texts attributed to שאול התרסי do not present or imply that anything other than G is equal to G but I mean cool sure. Still interested in the actual quote, with chapter and verse if that's not too much trouble.

The first chapter of the Gospel of John, identifies Jesus as God.

Philippians 2:6 says that although Jesus was God, He still 'emptied' Himself to become a subservient and 'base' human.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If I could show you scriptural evidence, would you accept it then? Would it make a difference to you?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
With respect to the Holy Bible...

God is Love
Jesus Christ is Peace
The Holy Spirit is Happiness.

True Love cannot exist without true peace or happiness and so therefore all are one.

It presents that what we generally define as objective, upon some fundamental level of orientation is actually subjective to reality in an objective way.

That being related to life after death.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Kashai because: Added and edited content

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Thanks

so, like Adam then.

Many "versions" which is latin for "translation into vernacular" since translation is latin for trans latin and latin being the irregular form of ferre (ferre, tuli, latum) isn't that funny?

Tindale was told to be careful, the RCC alson but did they choose wisdom over personal comfort?

May be.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

If I could show you scriptural evidence, would you accept it then? Would it make a difference to you?

You can't convince me that 3 gods can being 1 is monotheism and you can't convince me that the concept of a trinity isn't pagan. Because it's been around since Nimrod/Osiris Semiramis/Isis Tammuz/Horus. Why would God copy a pagan theme, he hates paganism and forbids it, so that would make him a hypocrite.

Are you saying God is a hypocrite?
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
As is taught by Vic Alexander, a native of Nineveh, who has a life long calling to accurately translate the original Aramaic Scriptures that Jesus himself read from...
Jesus or Eashoa was the Milta (Manifestation) of the Father. And the Holy Spirit was the conduit for Maryah (LORD) in the Universe.
edit on Feb1629q000000092 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A man and a woman are two people and when they reproduce they form a combination, genetically of the two of them.

That is one person.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

A man and a woman are two people and when they reproduce they form a combination, genetically of the two of them.

That is one person.

Thank you for telling me how babies are made but what does that have to do with the topic?

The trinity is not polytheism because of how we procreate? You lost me.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In the Holy Bible God procreates thus creating from two, one.

Three are then One.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The first chapter of the Gospel of John, identifies Jesus as God.

Philippians 2:6 says that although Jesus was God, He still 'emptied' Himself to become a subservient and 'base' human.

I'm repeating myself but the concept of Gods word becoming manifest in a prophet comes from ZOROASTRIANISMs Zend Avesta. Zoroastrianism is WAY older than christianity so all that passage proves is they borrowed a Persian concept. Jesus is not God.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The Mystery of the Holy Trinity relates to how we all have something in common and these are feelings and emotions.

Not only are three one but are we all on a path that takes us in the same direction.

edit on 14-2-2016 by Kashai because: Added and edited content

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You're saying that, because there are record(s) of beliefs that preexists the record(s) of other beliefs (because one record preexists another), then:
-the age of the beliefs must follow in accordance with their records
-the later beliefs must be stolen from the former beliefs
-the oldest record automatically falsifies the beliefs of the later

If that is the case, if that is true, then any new record, which is similar to a preexisting record, must be fraudulent.

e.g. The newest map of the Earth is a fraudulent copy, not of the Earth, but of the oldest map of the Earth. And as for the Earth, itself? Well, its a hypocrite.

I mean, that's you're argument.
edit on 2/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Rasalghul... Doesn't it make more sense that Nimrod/Osiris Semiramis/Isis Tammuz/Horus would have borrowed from GOD and then twisted the themes for their own agenda...I mean who was first GOD or Nimrod?
edit on Feb1629q000000062 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Right, because Nimrod, even though he lived right after the flood, knew about Christianity in the future, and told everyone to worship him and the other two after they die as gods in the form of a trinity to copy Gods plan THAT WAS THOUSANDS OF YEARS AWAY. No that's not remotely believable unless Nimrod could predict the future, and I don't think he could. He was murdered, if he was psychic he'd have seen it coming.

Trinity is a pagan concept, God despises paganism. Do the math, God is not a trinity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join