It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of 1,400 More Americans Losing Their Jobs to Mexico- Sickening.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Even huff post had the caption right "How to turn 1300 people into instant Sanders and Trump supporters".

To his credit Trump was the only GOP candidate to mention this in last night's debate.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
Even huff post had the caption right "How to turn 1300 people into instant Sanders and Trump supporters".

To his credit Trump was the only GOP candidate to mention this in last night's debate.

Did you know Trumps companies sought over 1100 foreign worker visas?

fortune.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Trump should buy the carrier plant, and start trump air conditioning.

It would be unbelievable pr, and he would make money to boot.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I don't understand.

Are you saying that Mexicans aren't Americans?

My geography is surely not that bad.

Oh I get it: 'Americans' are from the U.S.A.

Gah, you guys and your cultural imperialism...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
You know, these folks ought to look into reforming as a co-op and go after their former boss' customers.

They could stick it right back to the man.

The problem is they probably wouldn't be able to secure capital from a bank because they are not RICH.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wow people have short memories. Everyone is acting like this is some new thing

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS FEB. 3, 2004

The Carrier Corporation said yesterday that it would close its factory in McMinnville, Tenn., by the end of 2005, eliminating 1,300 jobs. The plant opened in 1969 and makes commercial air-conditioning and ventilation products. Production will be moved to factories in Tyler, Tex., Charlotte, N.C., and Monterrey, Mexico. The move will begin by the fall and be completed in 18 months, said Nancy Lintner, a spokeswoman for Carrier, which is based in Farmington, Conn. The decision is part of a broad review of Carrier's global production base, which has resulted in closing 22 factories over the last two years, with more than half of those outside the United States. Carrier is a subsidiary of the United Technologies Corporation of Hartford, Conn.

www.nytimes.com...

My dad worked there for 20 years. Fortunately he retired before they shut down.
They moved the factory to Mexico and brought people from Mexico to work the local tree farms in McMinville Tennessee.
Yep Corporate logic in action.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

At the moment I'm working in Los Angeles but I might be moving to Vancouver soon myself.
The idea of ever getting health benefits from any company around here has become a joke.
I've been working at the same place for over a year and was told I don't qualify for benefits yet.
But at least I'm working, until the end of the TV season anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I worked in a factory in 1998. We got news that whole departments were going to be stripped down and shipped to Mexico. When there were only a few lines in my department left I transferred over to another department. I got word that other departments would be next. At the time, I had a lot going on in my life and quit and left the state. My brother stayed there. They ended up moving most of the jobs out and keeping a skeleton crew. My brother was one that was axed. Soon, the whole place shut down. This kind of thing might be good for the company but not good for workers who put their blood, sweat, and tears into making a product. I can understand their cussing the guy out perfectly. I would have, too.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Isn't this capitalism? Adapt or die mentality?
Profit is god?
Why is everyone so sore about this?
This is the world and country you created.

If a a third world man with no education and no skill set can take your job ... can we agree you made some poor decisions in life?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Some companies have no choice but to move outside of the US because they can no longer make a profit so they have to go overseas to get cheaper labor. Sad truth but there is no conspiracy. Its companies trying to survive.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

Those workers would have lost their jobs sooner or later if the company stayed in the states because they would go bankrupt. No company no job.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Good. They can all leave. Someone will take their place. First of all companies have to shake the debt like the rest of us. If they can't grow and operate without stockholders, they should go out of business. That profit crap is about the debt holders, not improving their company. Really, the only way to be profitable is to keep going from country to country looking for cheap labor? We are being played by criminals.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The real idiots in all this are the governments that make trade deals that reduce their own tax revenue by allowing without consequence or even encourage companies to move their work force offshore. Stupid, short sighted or maybe just traitors looking out for themselves without any concern for the long term health of the government entity.

There are politicians who care and business people who care but their numbers are dwindling. I would also say the number of regular people who actually care enough about their nation to buy local products are at all time lows too. It's easy to blame someone else and this company being so blatant about it makes it easier but they are not the only ones to blame for what is happening.

People do have the power to stop it but only if enough people want to and actually take actions like buying local produced goods and voting for politicians who don't support free trade deals that negatively effect jobs of their fellow citizens.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelUriel

What are customers suppose to do when there are not any small local owned businesses? There are thousands of small town/cities in america that have to go miles to shop and it is usually Wal mart.

With the world wide web, I don't see why a small business could not compete for customers locally and globally. There are other ways to help businesses other than just cutting taxes. But the mindset is to make as much money as possible, to go as far as possible, set the profit bar higher and higher, year after year. The rest of us live by a budget.
edit on 15-2-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2016 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Bull# look at their profit margins post earlier in the thread.

Wall Street is killing America.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

To his discredit, he has his own brand ties made outside the USA, along with many other products bearing his name.

He is a hypocrite, and nothing will change for the better with him at the helm. He does not love his country enough to keep his manufacturing there, so what moral high ground would he operate from exactly?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
All the people saying this move is "Capitalism in action" or somehow due to "Capitalism" crack me up. These companies are moved production because of US tax breaks. Cheap labor is only a small part of it. US Govt taxes are not "Capitalism". USA unions are not "Capitalism".

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Point taken, but it doesn't change how I'm going to vote.

I'll vote for anyone except Bush against Hillary in the general election. If it comes down to Bush vs Clinton I the general. I'm voting libertarian. I'd planned on voting for Sanders in the primary so I could have the pleasure of voting against Hillary twice. My wife has said she is doing the same, however she will not vote for Trump or Hillary in the general and is unsure she could vote for Sanders in the general even if she votes for him I the primary.

We've got our primary in a couple of weeks. Trump changed my plan to vote against Hillary twice. I know he's not religious conservative, or any of the usual routes to secure a GOP nomination. My vote for him is my raised middle finger to the GOP establishment and the media, and to some extent the rest of the world.

Due to the policies of the political and economic elite nationalism is making a 21st century comeback. Trump is the US expression of that as much as the EU referendum is in your country.

He very well could disappoint me, I'm willing to take that chance. I know all the others will. If you start out asking for a wall and the halt to immigration he's talking about; there is plenty of room to compromise down into something i can live with.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Just make sure that you do not end up raising the finger so far, that it ends up where the sun does not shine. I would be the first to congratulate any middle finger action you care to name, because let's face it, the world could do with a proper dose of that. But you have to be careful where you point that finger, and where it ends up when you are done with it!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I've only got one vote. I can influence others, but can't make them vote the same as me, even my wife. We are pretty much screwed whoever wins, but to me Trump is the only one not guaranteed to be more of the same crap that brought us where we are today.

None of the others can admit that the trade and immigration policies they've championed the past 40 years have decimated the American middle class, because they are beholden to the people who finance their campaigns, in particular Wall Street and the US Chamber of Commerce. I prefer to take my chances with someone who funds himself, and only owes those that help elect him.

If I'm totally wrong about that at least it's going to be interesting times.
edit on 15-2-2016 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join