It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Actors Call For Oscars Boycott Over Lack Of Diversity

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
lol, yeah, it is rigged without color for sure. If they decide it's Denzel's turn, or Leo's turn, or Morgan's turn, or Damon's turn, or Foxx's turn....that's what they'll do. The fix is in for buddies and / or favorites based on various weird reasons, which will happen irrespective of race. It has definitely become trendy to honor unknowns with really exotic African-sounding names, which is actually just fine. Their game, their rules.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Is this another pity party ?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Is it that hard to fathom that there were no quality black actors this year?! It happens. Besides , blacks represent 18% of the population and that is less than the 20% or 25% that represents the nominees. Don't drag others down to their level. Deal with defeat and come back stronger next year. Don't make excuses.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
whites excluding minorities and blaming them, not in American my friend not in America. I love this white reset button, its amazing.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope yes about the content of their characters

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe these black actors should choose better roles.

Sounds like a case of what's yours is mine and what is mine is mine. This is the ever growing attitude growing among black Americans that they are entitled. A sense of entitlement coupled with cries of racism to achieve political goals.

But hey black people can't be racist right ? Imagine white boycotting the BET awards.

I've watched a ton of movies including the academy nominated films. And I can't think of any black actors that put on a award winning performance. It's just not your year black folks deal with it.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

A thought.

Where is the last Asian male actor cast, and nominated in a non-stereotypical role, i.e. that doesn't involve martial arts?

Are the pro-diversitarians interested in that imbalance as well?

I have literally not seen a word about it.

Is that just really actually too weird and yucky, and black actors are the socially acceptable diversity?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well I do wonder why Idris Elba wasn't nominated for ' beasts of no nation' he was brilliant /impressive.
There are some amazing and relevant actors who do not seem to be represented in the Oscar role call this year=so maybe they have a point

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Screw them and their PC.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith call for Oscars boycott over lack of diversity

The same reason why I boycott the BET awards every year

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things.....who really gives a shat.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Typical out of Spike Lee. The radical Black people matter crowed need to be made to look like fools by other blacks to stop this ridiculous stuff. Bill Cosby was good but he cant really be respected anymore.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

The radical Black people matter crowed need to be made to look like fools by other blacks to stop this ridiculous stuff.

Whoopi did a pretty good job of it!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Do people still take award shows seriously? I'm willing to bet that there is at least one award show each month.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit>>>> I thought this years nominees were ridiculous enough just based on how bad or at best marginal the films and performances were. Then we have these crybabies complaining that racism is whats keeping black actors out of the awards. Can't these nitwits just admit that maybe they weren't judged for their race and were, gasp, judged soley on their merit and race and skin color never were considered? And look who's complaining. Spike Lee. A has been that's jealous of Tyler Perry. Perry's a no talent hack that is like a black Larry The Cable Guy if he also directed. And Jada Pinket Smith. She who leached off her husband and has managed to raise two of the most messed up and air headed kids in Hollywood. The Kardashian girls hang around them just to feel smart and well adjusted. These people need to know just how little their opinions and efforts impact society. They really do.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
what about BET?
now thats some racist #.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Bah, sour grapes.

Will Smith & Samuel Jackson are super money actors. Jada should know better.
Even Star Wars has a new actor that is black.
Hey it would have been awesome for Jackson to get best supporting actor for his role as Mace Windu in Star Wars but even I know that wasn't going to happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I can't help but believe that omission of artist of color from the Oscars 2 years in a row is a purposeful statement. What it's saying, I have no idea. But you can bet, no pun intended, what ever message the Academy is sending, it's politically motivated...imho, of course.

The purposeful statement is that a majority of moviegoers think films about black culture suck to anyone outside of that culture

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

I saw a black guy on the very first page, three windows to the right!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

For real! Nothing important going on in the world

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join