It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I actually think drinking human milk is less weird than drinking cow or goat milk. It comes from the same species and if it is your wife it is from someone you love. I never loved a cow I wasn't eating.

ya ya...It's still gross...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, gotta love moral relativism. You can't judge me, but I can and will judge you and the horse you rode in on.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yes, gotta love moral relativism. You can't judge me, but I can and will judge you and the horse you rode in on.

Out of curiosity, is the horse lactating?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Bottom line...for millennia it was normal to breast feed a baby, anywhere, anytime. Now, not so much. Yet we have a world full of sexual imagery and exploitation that people don't even bat an eyelash at anymore. What the actual #? That's messed up by any standard.

How much do women use a breast pump to help in outing such as a busy restaurant situation?

edit on 1-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Out of curiosity, is the horse lactating?

Needing some kumis are we?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Isn't that the very essence of the zeitgeist that has us all held hostage at the moment? Blame discussion forums, social media and 24/7 news and the insatiable need for need for polarizing content.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Needing some kumis are we?

Ooooooh. You're good.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Isn't that the very essence of the zeitgeist that has us all held hostage at the moment? Blame discussion forums, social media and 24/7 news and the insatiable need for need for polarizing content.

It is also a drive for people to get that great Facebook, YouTube, Twitter post out and get a million hits and post of just how horrid it was for some older lady to give her a look of displeasure.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If she's really lucky, there might be a GoFundMe page to help her with her mental anguish.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Breast pumps are very inefficient at pumping and they hurt. Plus they are expensive. They're great for jump starting your flow right after delivery and for the first month or two when you have to nurse every few hours, that's why many women rent them but even renting is very expensive. However, after you and your baby get through the beginning, you get into a routine. The babies are better at latching and sucking efficiently and you produce the milk at the right times.

The most I ever had was like 12 little bottles in storage, but my baby was a preemie and breast milk was key. I spent most of my time in the NICU pumping or trying to get a very tiny baby to latch. It was hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If she's really lucky, there might be a GoFundMe page to help her with her mental anguish.

Dude I need to check now... lol

Damn, nothing yet...I just hope she isn't on ATS and steals your idea. Hey wait, didn't you get mental anguish reading about her? GoFundMe baby!!
edit on 1-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The most I ever had was like 12 little bottles in storage, but my baby was a preemie and breast milk was key. I spent most of my time in the NICU pumping or trying to get a very tiny baby to latch. It was hell.

Doesn't sound like a very good alternative unless you really need to.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

From what I remember of it, breast feeding in general was hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

So?

Where is it written that anyone has the right to instant approval from any and all people around them?

Freedom from judgement is not a request or desire for approval....instant or otherwise.

She's simply saying they should mind their own business and leave her free to mind hers.

As covered earlier, they can be offended all they want but they are also free to keep their indignation/shock/horror/gasping/disgust to themselves and/or as free to not keep it to themselves and to expect a response when they don't.

It's all about control again. As in some feeling some ridiculous urge to control others even when it in no way truly and actually affects them. Look away or go ahead and gasp or scowl. Up to you. But don't expect that to have the effect you desire.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It's all about control again. As in some feeling some ridiculous urge to control others even when it in no way truly and actually affects them. Look away or go ahead and gasp or scowl. Up to you. But don't expect that to have the effect you desire.

I think you nailed it right there. It is the interjection of ones ego into the equation that initiates the devolution of the situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The question is who is trying to control who, or who is the wolf and who is the sheep?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

She's simply saying they should mind their own business and leave her free to mind hers.

So at what point is what happens at their table any of her business? Do you routinely pay attention to the conversations of other diners? Is what they say any of your business?

As covered earlier, they can be offended all they want but they are also free to keep their indignation/shock/horror/gasping/disgust to themselves and/or as free to not keep it to themselves and to expect a response when they don't.

No, I'm sorry, but the way you word this makes it quite clear that they are not "free" to do anything other than what you want them to do which is not react at all. Not even at their own table.

This isn't like an issue where someone came up to her at her table and said, "Cover up." This is a moment where she more or less eavesdropped on something happening at another table and decided she didn't like it and made it her business.

It very much is about control, but not in the way you are making it out to be.

She pays attention to her business at her table; they express whatever at their table. No one has to have any conflict over this.
edit on 1-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It can be, really. You have to just decide it's what you are going to do and stick to it, no matter what, because it's certainly not fun or easy, especially in the beginning.

I tend to think that's why women are so judgey on both sides of the issue. Possibly some women who do it feel superior and some women who don't do it feel less than. Either is ridiculous. How easy or difficult it can be is determined by so many factors, some of which women can't even control: health of baby, health of mother, digestive issues, mother's diet, mother's mental health, other children, does the mother work, etc.

It's between the mother and the child and shouldn't be anyone else's concern. And, IMHO, if she has made it to the point that she can nurse at will, anywhere....on-lookers be damned, she's doing her thing for her kid. As for me, I did try to be discrete. I spent a lot of time in the car.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not something I really thought about whether I could eat or not eat with a towel, also not something she even suggested as to why she didn't cover up even a little, hell get a table with little view. I don't know but I kind of feel there is an agenda here.

You're not wrong.

Many years ago when I had my children, no sooner was my baby

born, when the militant *breast feeding Nazi's* appeared with the

breast is best mantra trying to make my decisions for me.

Same thing happened when my girls gave birth.

So much for having *freedom of choice*

That is exhibitionism at its best!

There are many women that breast feed in public .... and it is done

with such discression that you wouldn't even know.

It is the extension of the *look at me* FB generation where everything

is played out in the public eye.

The three month baby scan goes on.... followed by the next one. then

the photo after the birth. I have even in one instance seen the first

poop!

So yes its all about requiring affirmation ...exhibitionism and garnering

face book likes, and their own militant Mums Net blog site.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join