It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ~Lucidity

But clearly, she isn't comfortable showing her breast. If she was, then she would know she was going to get a few looks from people who aren't exactly approving and roll with it.

That she chose to make it an issue in such a way as to make herself look like victim of something when nothing actually happened to her beyond receiving those looks tells me she isn'tcomfortable with it -or- she is looking to make an issue out of it.

Illogical. She can be perfectly comfortable showing her breast and also not welcome the judgmental stares and snarky comments.

And I see absolutely no victim claiming here. She simply called them out for their behavior.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That she chose to make it an issue in such a way as to make herself look like victim of something when nothing actually happened to her beyond receiving those looks tells me she isn'tcomfortable with it -or- she is looking to make an issue out of it.

I think it was just one woman born around the time Masqua was... not like a packed room all screaming at her. I would bet 90% plus of the people there were embarrassed to a point and didn't want to engage her aggressive attitude.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, he was very uncomfortable.....mainly with the new and very increased size they were. Had I of done that I'm sure he would never have forgiven me. He walked into the bathroom once when I was showering after baby number 2 came along. She was screaming so he brought her to me. That's all it took. I heard her crying....milk went everywhere. He was horrified! He kept asking if that was normal and could I not just make it stop.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I lost the connection between baseball cards and boobs, or was it gum and boobs, or just cards and gum, ok now I'm really confused...

The cards are the boobs. The gum is the milk.

The cards are fun to play with, the gum tastes disgusting.

Ah makes perfect sense now...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Did you just compare breasts to baseball cards?

This thread - I swear! LMAO!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think it was just one woman born around the time Masqua was... not like a packed room all screaming at her. I would bet 90% plus of the people there were embarrassed to a point and didn't want to engage her aggressive attitude.

Excuse me? Why do you wish to associate me with some prudish woman?

You have no idea who I am or what my life experience has been. Pa Kettle I'm not.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, he was very uncomfortable.....mainly with the new and very increased size they were. Had I of done that I'm sure he would never have forgiven me. He walked into the bathroom once when I was showering after baby number 2 came along. She was screaming so he brought her to me. That's all it took. I heard her crying....milk went everywhere. He was horrified! He kept asking if that was normal and could I not just make it stop.

Very funny...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Did you just compare breasts to baseball cards?

It is a fair comparison however, if I tried to put my wife's double lattes in Mylar sleeves for 'preservation' purposes she would probably beat the crap out of me.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I actually think drinking human milk is less weird than drinking cow or goat milk. It comes from the same species and if it is your wife it is from someone you love. I never loved a cow I wasn't eating.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Bottom line...for millennia it was normal to breast feed a baby, anywhere, anytime. Now, not so much. Yet we have a world full of sexual imagery and exploitation that people don't even bat an eyelash at anymore. What the actual #? That's messed up by any standard.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I could care less if women choose to breastfeed where they happen to be. I clearly remember as a child seeing relatives breastfeeding at family gatherings; some covered with a towel and others not bothering. In a religious family also, but nobody ever said anything about it. It was just normal.

The difference is in a place like a restaurant they would cover with a towel or wait for more privacy. Not out of some need to, but out of respect for others and having no desire to make themselves the center of attention or cause controversy.

I think that's the real story here is it not? This woman want's attention and it's not really about the child's needs? Her posting that won't matter at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And we may well see you on the news....

Also, according to societal standards, baseball cards get more valuable with age - boobs do not. Why shouldn't we whip them out while we can? Hmmm?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Excuse me? Why do you wish to associate me with some prudish woman?

You have no idea who I am or what my life experience has been. Pa Kettle I'm not.

I said she was about your age not that you shared ideology..

BTW I'm not the one who said there is no use for breasts other than feeding...

edit on 1-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

Also, according to societal standards, baseball cards get more valuable with age - boobs do not. Why shouldn't we whip them out while we can? Hmmm?

Grrl Power!!!! I am all for it.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So?

Where is it written that anyone has the right to instant approval from any and all people around them?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Where is it written that anyone has the right to instant approval from any and all people around them?

They do not, but then they need to get ready for people to express their lack of approval about their lack of approval.

My name is AugustusMasonicus and I approve this message.

*paid for by the collation to get you to show AugustusMasonicus your boobs*

edit on 1-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What you talking about? My wife is 46 and her breast are worth 9 grand...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So at what point do we just decide that random woman at table A does not matter because we'll never be seeing her again? Who cares if she disapproves so long as she keeps her opinion at her own table?

Do I really need to turn and glare at her or should I just ignore it and go on with life?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Do I really need to turn and glare at her or should I just ignore it and go on with life?

Me personally? I try to take the high road.

But I can only decide for me. If that women in the Original Post feels she needs to glare at Uncomfortable Tsking Lady, then that is her prerogative and she is free to do so. Just like Uncomfortable Tsking Lady is free to make faces and act stupid.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It's all a part of the new norm that no one can disagree with the actions of anyone else, if you do that you are then instantly labeled even when the pretext is you love boobs but just might find breast feeding gross.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join