It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Some babies will not eat with a towel over their head. Mine wouldn't. Would you?

That's what pumps and bottles are for.

So you will admit that you are scared of bared breasts in public?

Second line.

Or maybe I think some people turn it into an exhibition precisely to draw the reaction she got.

If you think I have issues with the body ... well ... you don't know me, but of course you don't, so I'm not surprised you pick the low hanging fruit.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

a reply to: ketsuko

I think you have that backwards... mothers are being victimized for feeding their babies.

Have you ever fed a kid? You don't need to make it into a topless peepshow in order to prove some point in order to feed the kid. Your kid doesn't need the entire upper half of your chest bared in order to grab your nipple and latch on.

No... can't say that I have, since I'm a male.

No I can't say I fed her, but daughter used to sleep on my chest when she was tiny, I worked nights, and would come home in the morning and take her, and let mom get some sleep, she latched on one time, did not think my nipple would still be attached when she let go.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Nice funbags, lady. Yep, that's where my mom-mind went. I make no apologies for it & neither should men

I never was, and would still never be, this rude in public. I didn't nurse mine for long before I called BS on this "sacred" action of a female birthright (not everyone likes BFing or finds a lot of bonuses in doing so -- deal, people) But rubbing it in other people's faces out & about never crossed my mind as something worthwhile to do.

She's an ass. Bottom line there.

edit on 12/1/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And, as conspiracy theorists, I think we need to ask ourselves why is there such orchestrated, societal push-back against something so natural and beneficial to both the Mom and the baby? Who benefits from that? WHY are we even discussing this?

I guess my point is do people feel this was a setup to get a reacting for that big Facebook posting? The way she did it, and was aggressive for any one to look her way to finally say some old woman looked at her and shook her head to have a friend record it all seems fishy to me than just a mother trying to feed her baby.

Thats the point I was trying to make. Feeding a child is one thing, but to deliberately thrust it into peoples faces is another and then scowl at them?!

As I've said several times in this thread, I would not have a problem with a mother feeding her child, but that woman is trying to be offensive. I'm a grandparent now, both my wife(x) and my grown up children fed their children while they were out in public, and they always took a little care to not offend those who might not like it.
Is it really so hard for that woman to be a little discreet?

I am an adult male, why would a bare female breast offend me. My wife is an adult female, and pretty sure she doesn't find her own breasts offending, why would anyone be offended? Oh wait, my husband is looking at your tits, that is what this is all about.

And what about a family with children?
As I've stated SEVERAL times, "I would not be offended!"
You and me are entitled to not be offended, but others might be!
All she had to do was be just the tiniest bit discreet, but instead she plops it out for all to see and then scowls at those who look!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Breastfeeding moms get way too much flak. Breastfeeding is a great option, the best one, if it's at all possible. Not only is it better for the babies, but it's better for the moms. Pregnancy weight loss, for one, and the risk of breast cancer is greatly reduced as well. People need to encourage it, instead of looking down at it.

I have never seen any disrespect for a woman that breastfeeds, I have also never seen a woman not try to do it with at least some privately as in even simply facing away from the crowed etc. In fact most of the time you can't even tell they are doing it. In this case she pull it all out for everyone to see and physically faced the whole restaurant in a challenge. I think at some point the breastfeeding becomes least of the issue.

This woman may have been discretely feeding her child when challenged by the asshat at the other table. At that point she said f it, they are only boobs. I have seen women bare to their waist breast feeding children, affected my life in no way.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So at what point do we just decide that random woman at table A does not matter because we'll never be seeing her again? Who cares if she disapproves so long as she keeps her opinion at her own table?

Do I really need to turn and glare at her or should I just ignore it and go on with life?

I know you and I do not agree on a lot of things, but my suggestion would be, to ignore it and go on with life, it is a mother breastfeeding her child.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Breastfeeding moms get way too much flak. Breastfeeding is a great option, the best one, if it's at all possible. Not only is it better for the babies, but it's better for the moms. Pregnancy weight loss, for one, and the risk of breast cancer is greatly reduced as well. People need to encourage it, instead of looking down at it.

I have never seen any disrespect for a woman that breastfeeds, I have also never seen a woman not try to do it with at least some privately as in even simply facing away from the crowed etc. In fact most of the time you can't even tell they are doing it. In this case she pull it all out for everyone to see and physically faced the whole restaurant in a challenge. I think at some point the breastfeeding becomes least of the issue.

You don't read much do you, several women have been kicked out of restaurants for breastfeeding. Google is your friend.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Some babies will not eat with a towel over their head. Mine wouldn't. Would you?

That's what pumps and bottles are for.

So you will admit that you are scared of bared breasts in public?

Second line.

I am a nudist agnostic, but thoughts and hopes for your son.

Or maybe I think some people turn it into an exhibition precisely to draw the reaction she got.

If you think I have issues with the body ... well ... you don't know me, but of course you don't, so I'm not surprised you pick the low hanging fruit.

I am a nudist agnostic, but thoughts and hopes for your son.
edit on 12/1/2015 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You don't read much do you, several women have been kicked out of restaurants for breastfeeding. Google is your friend.

I said I have never seen... reading is your friend too.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I breast fed both my daughter's in public. But I did it a little bit more discretely than that, not because of offending people but because I am a bit selfconcious of my body. I always lifted my t shirt up rather than flopping the Boobie over the top as that felt uncomfortable like it was cutting off the blood supply. I have no problem with that woman feeding like that tho. Reading the blurb it does sound like she was wanting the attention weather to get her 15 min of fame or to draw attention to the fact that women should be able to feed their baby's in public.

In fact I am still breast feeding my just turned 4yr old but only at home and mostly just before sleep time and just after wake up. But I will not be one of those crazy American woman I have read about still feeding her 16 yr old. My first child breast feed til she was 4 and a quater,and I was breast fed til I was 3, my mother started La Leche league in nz.

If you can do it breast is best for your child. But they do say you lose a tooth fir every child you have and that's certainly true for me.

Keep on breast feeding.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This woman may have been discretely feeding her child when challenged by the asshat at the other table. At that point she said f it, they are only boobs. I have seen women bare to their waist breast feeding children, affected my life in no way.

At that point she said f it they are only boobs.

In theory it was at that point she ceased feeding her baby and was making

the point its because I can its my right

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The asshat was some older woman that gave her a disapproving look...lol really. I guess after such an attack just pull it all out and glare down everyone else that are just trying to enjoy their dinner. It seems a number of people here feel that no matter how a woman does it breastfeeding is always OK. Is it OK with your example of a woman bare to the waist to walk around with a kid hanging off one? One poster talked about a woman changing her babies diaper on the table at a restaurant. It's all natural, but I think there is line we should not cross on both sides to show some respect.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Why can't the woman just feed her baby and accept that there will be people offended?

She even had someone photograph her staring at the offended person.

This. I agree completely.
I have a friend whose wife breast fed, and when ever we went out he would ask her if the baby needed fed before we left and she would ALWAYS wait til we got the restaurant and then make sure she was in a seat that was easy for everyone to see and then proceed to glare around the room just begging for a nasty look so she could go off on some one.

It seems in recent years the breast feeding movement has gotten very active and angry.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What do breasts have to do with procreation? Straw man argument... our sexual bits are what they are. Breasts have been made into sexual objects.

Im going to disagree here. Breasts have two functions, one of course is to feed young. But they also aid in attraction. They are sexual.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Something to do with looking like a bum they reckon.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

I agree with you, obviously breasts have been a part of our sexuality for hundreds of thousands of years at the least. No other animal on the planet has a fully developed breast ALL the time. All other primates only get breasts when they're feeding young. There is a definite sexual reason why a woman's breast looks full all the time, and the most likely explanation is that it entices males into desiring someone who is so fertile she looks like she's lactating ALL the time. So yes, breasts have been an object of sexual desire for a LONG time, and I doubt its going to go away any time soon, considering it has probably already been around a couple million years.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

Breasts have two functions, one of course is to feed young. But they also aid in attraction. They are sexual.

The first is natural, the second is not. Men, through the past few centuries, have particularly made breasts into sexual objects. One could say the same about a woman's legs, neck or ankles (Oh, those ankles. Drooool). Let's just say the general physical attributes of a woman are attractive to a man.

Do we think observing a sow with her many teats feeding a bunch of piglets is somehow shocking? How about a calf suckling from a cow or pups a dog? Maybe to some it's a little risqué to see...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

That's an interesting concept. Star from me.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

There are plenty of holes in that theory though since breasts don't actually indicate any sort of fertility since Girls that haven't gone through their first menstruation cycle still start to develop breasts, and post-menopause women don't lose their breasts. All we can safely say is there is some sort of function for female breasts outside of purely feeding children, though whether that function is just that they're aesthetically pleasing has yet to be figured out.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Slanter because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
All we can safely say is there is some sort of function for female breasts outside of purely feeding children, though whether that function is just that they're aesthetically pleasing has yet to be figured out.

Ahhhhhh, you haven't heard about "Monkey Butts". (Yes, there are lots of jokes and T-shirts available).

But, some science claims since we began walking upright - - - breasts took over the sexual visual of the butt.

Seriously!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join