It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart to remove Confederate flag items from its stores.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So Walmart removes the Confederate flag and still pays its employees slave wages.Some progress.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: kosmicjack

PC has made a society of polite liars.

Great line. You should put that in your sig.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
So Walmart removes the Confederate flag and still pays its employees slave wages.Some progress.

LMAO!
That is so funny...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What if the shooter had the regular American flag? Would Wal-Mart start removing American flags? Removing the confederate flag is just a knee-jerk reaction, one that caters to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. All of a sudden everyone's pretending to be offended by the confederate flag, just because the shooter wore it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Good point Krom. I'm not american but I've infrequently seen the 'stars and bars' burnt in the states and overseas (on media) and my national flag for that matter (aussie) so forgive me for weighing in here.

I have never seen the confederate flag burnt and stomped upon but thats not to say this hasn't happened. Has anyone in the states seen the flag burned or is an act of this nature documented in your history books? (Asking politely)

In similarity but not the same Australia does have major retailers remove "Australia Day" products from the shelves as these offend the sensitivities of certain groups. Happens every year.

Kindest regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Yeah, lets erase everything that offends people....
Funny how people's reactions to a to a FLAG

I'm offended by foreign cars, can we ban those as well? How about anchovies? They offend me too! Lets ban those next!

How about banning people who whine about every little thing that offends them???

You dare touch those delicious little salty fishy bastards and I'll hunt down every porcine animal on the planet and snuff 'em out !!!!! No more bacon !!! I mean it..

Leave da fishies alone.

Oo

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

edit on 23-6-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I see the Rebel Flag everyday and don't normally give it a second thought prior to this incident or since (other than this thread)...it will always be a normal thing around here.

It's going to be really interesting where this whole thing goes. Right on the heels of the Texas decision, I am telling ya it's getting to be popcorn time.

Personally, I think the flag should come down at the state capitol in S. Carolina. It's just not appropriate anymore. As far as Walmart goes....that kind of came as a surprise to me as I am sure it did to a lot of people. Going to be interesting to see if this goes beyond Wallie World.

I agree that Beezer nailed it about the whole toxic thing, said it much better than I did. If it wasn't a symbol for white supremacist before, it surely is now. Totally toxic and an advertising nightmare.

edit on R362015-06-23T00:36:34-05:00k366Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R362015-06-23T00:36:50-05:00k366Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This is a great idea. People should stop hating blacks any minute now.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just a question:Would any of you mind if you know someone was flying al quaeda's flag on top of the new world trade center?I mean its just a flag right?

I really dont get this!!!So many people hide being the "anti PC" bs to express their true feeling its just pathetic..This has nothing to do with offending someone,it has everything to do with what the flag represent.A time of division within the country and a time when some were treated worse than animals.How you cant understand this,is beyond me

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Great the company that treats it's employees like slaves is jumping on the bandwagon, that is awesome!

Who else is going to employ the countless millions of unskilled heavily tattooed highschool dropouts? Try applying for a job anywhere else with those qualifications. People get paid what theyre worth.

With regard to the flag, id say theyre just complying with PC before anyone makes an issue of it for them. You think there arent any racists in Bentonville Arkansas? Lol, wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I wonder if the racist animals will burn down all the Walmarts.

I'm pretty sure they will burn them all down, you know, because that's what they do.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
This is just idiotic on so many levels....Though, coming from Wal-Mart, I'd expect no less.

Why?
They run a business, and that flag is now implicitly linked to racism, hate crimes, murder...

What do you expect them to do?

I would call it idiotic to NOT remove that symbol of hate from sale. I'm actually surprised there is any major brand in America willing to sell it even before this.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What irritates me in all of this is that it is style over substance.

People will get this flag banned and feel good about themselves and refuse to focus on the real issues of racism.

I don't know how many more times people can say this and not be heard, but nobody is saying that the flag should be banned

Why do you choose to use the word banned?

These people that will just feel good about this and accomplish nothing - are they stupid? Naive?

What would be substantial - what would be useful?

Style over substance? Please explain. How would you approach all this?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What about "Made in China" with slave labor?

What flag is that flying?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: beezzer

What irritates me in all of this is that it is style over substance.

People will get this flag banned and feel good about themselves and refuse to focus on the real issues of racism.

I don't know how many more times people can say this and not be heard, but nobody is saying that the flag should be banned

Why do you choose to use the word banned?

These people that will just feel good about this and accomplish nothing - are they stupid? Naive?

What would be substantial - what would be useful?

Style over substance? Please explain. How would you approach all this?

I say it needs to be banned along with the KKK and where ever they are getting those robes, those need to stop being made too.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think Walmart will pull these items and then sell them to discount outlet type stores who will in return sell them anyways.
I doubt there was a big market for them 2 weeks ago. Now Walmart will probably make more money from the merchandise even selling at wholesale prices than they would have made in a year off the stuff had this tragedy never happened.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

And will YOU still keep buying products "Made in China" ?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I say it needs to be banned along with the KKK and where ever they are getting those robes, those need to stop being made too.

I disagree. We can't ban a symbol. We can't ban a philosophy. We can't ban a religion, an idea, a belief - or your right to express how much you hate this

This is what this is about - the freedom to agree and to disagree

What we can do is stand up against a kind of jingoistic, anti-PC, rhetoric laden meme that's become very fashionable lately. That meme champions freedom of speech - it serves as a kind of tool in an effort to try and silence other kinds of speech - by certain types of people

Yes, I know - it's funny

I absolutely agree with your distaste for those things - so I hope you'll think about everything we're saying here

You should never ever allow yourself to be silenced by those that probably also agree with you, but would like to take your argument, turn it inside out and use it as a weapon against you in another kind of fight on a completely different battle ground

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I disagree. We can't ban a symbol. We can't ban a philosophy. We can't ban a religion, an idea, a belief - or your right to express how much you hate this

This is what this is about - the freedom to agree and to disagree

What we can do is stand up against a kind of jingoistic, anti-PC, rhetoric laden meme that's become very fashionable lately. That meme champions freedom of speech - it serves as a kind of tool in an effort to try and silence other kinds of speech - by certain types of people

Yes, I know - it's funny

I absolutely agree with your distaste for those things - so I hope you'll think about everything we're saying here

You should never ever allow yourself to be silenced by those that probably also agree with you, but would like to take your argument, turn it inside out and use it as a weapon against you in another kind of fight on a completely different battle ground

I would rejoice in the banning of various types of offencive materials especially racist hate preaching materials like SS Nazi symbols and Confederate flags.

I dont think people would do anything about it if it did get banned, just complain about not being able to buy thier racist Confederate flags anymore, anyone can always make thier own homemade swastikas, KKK robes, and Confederate flags. Then we would have a bunch of DIY racists, LOL what a waste of a time and energy. . . .

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join