It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart to remove Confederate flag items from its stores.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I would rejoice in the banning of various types of offencive materials especially racist hate preaching materials like SS Nazi symbols and Confederate flags.

What if somebody thought your idea is offensive and they banned your right to say what you just said?

Real freedom requires discipline - and tolerance

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I can tell you that - it's confederate monuments.
There's a lot of calls to take them down, and a lot are being vandalized.
search Confederate monuments- you'l see, it is already in the works.
Next up, sweet tea and screen doors.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
everyone who defends the flag (states rights, heritage, freedom of speech, blah blah) is obviously a closet racist. how you people romanticize getting your asses handed to you is a wonder to me. are you guys mad that you can't be blatantly racist like the good ol days?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

you mean like how confederates want to ban black people from having civil rights? is that tolerance

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I say it needs to be banned along with the KKK and where ever they are getting those robes, those need to stop being made too.

Walmart sells those robes, as do many other major retailers. They come in size Twin to California King.

Ban White Sheets!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

you mean like how confederates want to ban black people from having civil rights? is that tolerance

They don't have the right to deny any people their rights

They do have the right to say that's what they want

We have the right to tell them to go to hell

:-)

Do you think banning things is always going to work in your favor?

edit on 6/23/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

nothing is being banned you can still be a racist in private

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Maybe we are all racists in private

It's an interesting thing to think about - isn't it?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There's ignorance and then racism.

I've heard people say "racist jokes" In private that honestly don't have anger/fear/hate against another race, they just think the joke is funny or pointing out a stereotype.

On the other side, I've met people that actually HATE and would like to see harm come to a racial group.

Just wanted to point that out.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm all for Walmart removing an offensive and racist thing from their shelves...so when are they going to remove the hip-hop items that are just as racist and just as offensive?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali

Who are these "confederates" wanting to ban black peoples civil rights?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

not really. its just something racist people say to justify racism.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

trolling duesprimusvictorimmortali?

I'm really disappointed - just when this conversation was about to launch into something interesting too

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: retiredTxn

edit on 23-6-2015 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Walmart.... now Sears, KMart and Ebay have joined.

How much longer before the poor southern whites whose "heritage" is being challenged by the politically correct start rioting and burning down stores that refuse to sell the rebel flag on items and bring old boys hopes for a race war to fruition? Probably never lol.

You can't make this stuff up..... interesting developments by the hour.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali

a reply to: retiredTxn

Who's Gary Graham??

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

not really. I've actually heard that excuse used quite a lot. racist people seem to automatically assume people hate them as much as they hate others. i figure they must have some deep seated inferiority complex that they project on to others.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There's ignorance and then racism.

I've heard people say "racist jokes" In private that honestly don't have anger/fear/hate against another race, they just think the joke is funny or pointing out a stereotype.

On the other side, I've met people that actually HATE and would like to see harm come to a racial group.

Just wanted to point that out.

I've always had a sense that civilization is almost hanging by a thread. It's made up of individuals agreeing to behave a certain way - together, in a group - at the same time

That's not romantic - especially coming from someone that is incredibly romantic. I know

I see more in us than that, just so you know. But these things we fight about here at ATS, then out there everywhere...it's a never ending attempt at realignment, a balancing act - you can practically feel the whole earth trying to achieve consensus

We are all bigots MystikMushroom. It's one of the reasons I feel so comfortable tossing that word around

Owning that, looking at what we are directly - unflinchingly - and then choosing to be better...that's all we got

Having said that - I think we are mostly amazing
edit on 6/23/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: dadblasted spell check

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: maybee

lol i don't know i was wondering the same thing

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
That aught to work

Bath School disaster

May 18, 1927,

The Bath School disaster was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, that killed 38 elementary school children and six adults and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe first killed his wife, firebombed his farm, and detonated a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck. It is currently the deadliest mass murder to take place at a school in United States history.[1][

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join