It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sexodus: The Men Giving Up On Women And Checking Out Of Society

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: shamaniski

There is nothing preventing you from rising above it all.

Simply step out into the world and take it.

I don't think its worth it. Its not about what I want though so I understand. If it was about what I wanted I would die peacefully in my sleep tonight. Yes im selfish, but not a sociopath.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Its just occurred to me that feminism was a long battle to help women carve out various identities in the modern age by giving them access to higher education which in turn opened more door's in the labour market. This gave them better wage's with more disposable income, made them less dependent on men and more in control to meet their own want's and needs. Access to voting right's enabled women to make society more fairer, for example, getting law's enacted in regards to domestic violence. Abortion rights. Being able to take out a mortgage without needing a man to back it. Feminism has been hard at work to enable the female sex to build an identity that was something other than a housewife role.

And while women have evolved and embraced the many, many good things that have come from feminism we are now discussing the topic of men lacking an identity.

The answer is not for men to demand women go back to the kitchen but rather for men to EVOLVE.

Evolution is not a bad thing. Embrace it.
edit on 9-12-2014 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
While I'm no fan of the games SOME women play when it comes to money and expectations, men are just as much to blame for putting up with it.

What do I mean by "putting up with it"?

Simply put, don't be a whiny baby.

Be strong, be wise. Learn things. Read. Learn to do something with your hands, make them swoon with your charisma. Get in shape. Wear good shoes. Bathe. Be a MAN.

I wasn't happy until I stopped listening to my female friends. They always told me to be a nice guy. "Be yourself!" Well. I'm not always nice. I'm cynical, I can be grouchy, but I'm always gregarious. When I try to "be nice", it comes out all wrong.

I didn't get anywhere until I stopped griping about women and just doubled down on MYSELF. As it turned out, women wanted MORE of me, not less.

My point isn't feminist this, or alpha male that. We're all basically savages. We should all let the savagry out from time to time. We should all be unabashedly real. That's what's missing these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shamaniski
Life is stupid and I'm over it. I don't like living in this crap with all this electronics, data, bullcrap.

Hey man, you can do it. You have us lot of misfits for company here at least. ATS is giving us all an education. We're all teacher and pupil at the same time.

Just because you are living the way you live says nothing. There are SO many people like you. Look at my display pic, just a dusty old typewriter (keyboard) in a lonely old shack. This is YOU time, where you can learn and grow. Let your confidence grow my friend.

I just amaze myself with the fact that I can think. I have this thing going on where I have become very appreciative and aware of the greatest miracle that the universe has pulled off, a mind. It has solved so many things for me to begin appreciating the universe inside this little skull of mine.

Don't feel like any kind of loser for what are you comparing yourself against?

I'd like to shake you out of any kind of indolence if I could. We're stuck with this IT AI age as it stands. We can at least talk to each other, all of us, even across these great distances of the earth, even very candidly and intimately about what we think and feel. This is how we are having to do things right now, that's all.

Hang on in there. I'm just very grateful to all the people who take the time to bother posting. It is a labour of love that we all keep this little enclave of shared verbal experience for sanity's sake, certainly mine.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
Its just occurred to me that feminism was a long battle to help women carve out various identities in the modern age by giving them access to higher education which in turn opened more door's in the labour market. This gave them better wage's with more disposable income, made them less dependent on men and more in control to meet their own want's and needs. Access to voting right's enabled women to make society more fairer, for example, getting law's enacted in regards to domestic violence. Abortion rights. Being able to take out a mortgage without needing a man to back it. Feminism has been hard at work to enable the female sex to build an identity that was something other than a housewife role.

And while women have evolved and embraced the many, many good things that have come from feminism we are now discussing the topic of men lacking an identity.

The answer is not for men to demand women go back to the kitchen but rather for men to EVOLVE.

Evolution is not a bad thing. Embrace it.

I really like where you're going with this.

My only qualm as that I think men need to DEVOLVE in some areas as well. We've gone too far in the other direction.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One head tells me this has merit.

The other head says...Nah

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

What i absolutely love about your response is the typical macho "We built it, we own it" - Like a woman could never build a house or a complex sewage system - Your kidding yourself.

What I like about your response is the typical feminism avoidance of plain facts. Of course women could build complex sewer systems, but they don't. Of course women could dominate engineering fields, but they don't. Of course women could dominate the political arena, but they don't. It's not because women can't, it's because they would rather not.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What i absolutely love about your response is the typical macho "We built it, we own it" - Like a woman could never build a house or a complex sewage system - Your kidding yourself.

What I like about your response is the typical feminism avoidance of plain facts. Of course women could build complex sewer systems, but they don't. Of course women could dominate engineering fields, but they don't. Of course women could dominate the political arena, but they don't. It's not because women can't, it's because they would rather not.

So now you're making broad statement's in regards to what woman want to do with their time?
Im not a feminist by the way, Just a human being who takes the time to contemplate and understand history and the movement's that have swept it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So now you're making broad statement's in regards to what woman want to do with their time?

So now you're asking stupid questions? I'm speaking about the field of engineering, not what women want to do with their time.

Im not a feminist by the way, Just a human being who takes the time to contemplate and understand history and the movement's that have swept it.

I don't think anyone cares.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So now you're asking stupid questions? I'm speaking about the field of engineering, not what women want to do with their time.

I don't think anyone cares.

I care, go forth SL and spread your knowledge to those who want to understand.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I suppose it depends on your definition of "knowledge".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I suppose it depends on your definition of "knowledge".

You suppose quite often, I see.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wait..

You mean that there are some men that are afraid and angry that patriarchal structures are being revealed?

Why should anyone care about this?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I suppose I do. Am I not supposed to?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I suppose so, if supposition is all ya got.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Back on topic are you saying that Feminism, more often than not, is bad for Society?

What about the right to vote? The was early feminism with a different name. Was that bad? Just asking, because I don't want to assume.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Wow, what brilliant insight.

You know where a perfect place for men to evolve would have been?

A men's club.

Oh wait, we can't have that any more.

Maybe we should start earlier?

Scouts?

Nope can't have that for boys either.

Maybe if you want men to evolve, feminazi's should stop screaming bloody murder every time a couple men try to get together and create a place specifically for men to sit around and discuss men.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Wow, what brilliant insight.

You know where a perfect place for men to evolve would have been?

A men's club.

Oh wait, we can't have that any more.

Maybe we should start earlier?

Scouts?

Nope can't have that for boys either.

Maybe if you want men to evolve, feminazi's should stop screaming bloody murder every time a couple men try to get together and create a place specifically for men to sit around and discuss men.

Or...maybe men should stop whining and get on with life. I can go to a strip club...my son's could go to boy scouts...I can have a guys night out if I want to. I don't see the problem? LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Back on topic are you saying that Feminism, more often than not, is bad for Society?

What about the right to vote? The was early feminism with a different name. Was that bad? Just asking, because I don't want to assume.

My point is not against the rights of the female sapiens, but that if it wasn't for the male sapiens, there would be no rights for the female to strive for.

Feminism is bad for society only insofar as it is against dissent, criticism and free speech.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's only a stupid question because you feel it points out the absurd generalisations you made about how woman use their time. The engineering field has been dominated by men since forever, woman being able to go university (and actually being taken seriously in male dominated fields) is a relatively new thing - which makes your previous broad statement laughable.

Don't call me a feminist and the tell me you don't care if I am one or not when I tell you I'm not a feminist.

You don't have the intellectual depth for this thread. You see far to black and white.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join