It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of multiculturalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm so sick of these rich politicians who live in "choice" areas talking about how multiculturalism is supposedly a great thing. As someone who actually has lived this and seen my area in London change into one of the most multicultural boroughs I completely refute what they say. They don't live it and therefore are not qualified to talk on the subject.

Everything in my area has steadily declined since it has become more multicultural. The whole area has become more dirty, dysfunctional, increase in crime, decrease in employment, increase in drugs, decrease in school grades, decrease in services, local businesses, decrease in the etiquette people show for one another, people becoming like animals. I find the whole thing disgusting and can say with 100% certainty that no civilisation can be built or maintained off the backs of such a community. If immigration into London is not halted within 100 years London will be a huge ghetto where only the poorest will be forced to live, I suspect anyone with money will either have moved way out to some gated town or left the country completely.
edit on 1-12-2014 by rowanflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rowanflame

How are your property values holding up, just wondering?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Now, when you say multiculturalism what do you mean, exactly?

+5 more 
link   
Do you have specific statistics to support your opinions or is this simply going to be a subjective rant.

Personally, I enjoy living in a large city that provides me with many options in terms of dining and entertainment. I, too, have seen the old neighborhoods change with the changing demographics. Some have become poorer and more.run sown, while others that had become unfashionable have been revived and become extremely desirable.

Multiculturalism is not a lie, it has been responsible for the growth of human civilization since the earliest times.

link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

How are your property values holding up, just wondering?

Property value is stagnant or decreasing obviously in my area as less want to actually live here, I have the money to move out and I probably will.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Now, when you say multiculturalism what do you mean, exactly?

Multiculturalism is what the government call it when they dump a load of immigrants in your neighborhood often from corrupt society's and then tell you don't worry everything will be ok .

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I visited my daughter in West Hollywood. We went shopping on Black Friday and Saturday in the Fashion District Downtown Los Angeles.

Each east/west street was littered with homeless tents and filthy people sprawled out sleeping on the filthy sidewalks. The north/south street were packed with vendors of all kinds, from cheap Mexican and Chinese trinkets selling for pennies, to designer suits and diamond studded jewelry, crystal bejeweled shoes, furs and bolts of fine silks.

One vendor, who was wearing a diamond studded Rolex watch and selling high end wedding jewelry and tiaras, etc., (my daughter is getting married in Feb.) that we talked to was from Qatar and just returned from a fishing trip in Dubai. His employees were Mexican women who barely understood English and were dressed like paupers. Talk about cultural and economic disparity!

But, even though the disparity was striking, the cultural melting pot, the aroma of the food trucks mixed with the sewer fumes, and variety of people, merchandise and music, etc, was admirable, exciting and fun.

edit on 1-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The 'scourge' of multiculturism doesn't exist in affluent neighbourhoods...should pretty much answer any diversion that the 'problem' has anything to with race or cultural factors...

Å99

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The way I see it, multiculturalism works if the immigrants are willing to honor and assimilate into the culture they have immigrated to. This doesn't mean that one forgets where they came from, or that within their homes, they still are just as they were in their culture of origin, but when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

As a first generation American, I saw it work with my own parents. The trouble I see now is that immigrants want their new country to be just like their old one, complete with government publications in their own languages, and their own cultural rules and norms to be the rule and norm of their new home.

This cannot work, and will cause nothing but hard feelings, and the inability of those immigrants who refuse to assimilate to be able to support themselves in their new host country.

Forced multiculturalism is like building the Tower of Babel. It is doomed to fail, because nobody is on the same page, or speaking the same language.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's not actually rich politicians who push multiculturalism, so that's a red herring.

The multicultural agenda has been set by the left leaning do-gooders, IMHO. You know the ones - they close down any debate by barking "racist" when this subject is brought up.

Some aspects of multiculturalism are good and positive, but attempting to maintain a society that seeks to maintain cultures that are untypical, or out of place with the norm in the host society, are inherently dangerous to social cohesion.

For example, letting the Pakistani community get away with being Pakistani (in the UK), for a start, and having the apologists ignore that face that the women continue to be deprived - by their community - of the rights British women accept as normal.

"Oh, it's OK because that's their culture", is just so hard to take when you're a white girl in Rotherham, Bristol, Oxford and a dozen other places.

Regards

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The problem with London is that the central areas is rapidly being modernised with the old red-brick apartments being demolished and turned into high-rise glass apartments and office blocks. That's displacing a lot of people, so while some areas become so upmarket that ordinary people can't afford to live there, other areas end up going downmarket until the property speculators move in, buy up properties and the cycle continues.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Okay. So in other words you are just pissed that there are more brown people coming into your town, that's what I thought. If you can't understand that they are just people trying to make their lives better then I don't know what to tell you. There will be criminal elements within any sub-sect of society. Not just the immigrants, the fact that you can't rationalize this is indicative of your true feelings on the matter.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Do you have specific statistics to support your opinions or is this simply going to be a subjective rant.

Personally, I enjoy living in a large city that provides me with many options in terms of dining and entertainment. I, too, have seen the old neighborhoods change with the changing demographics. Some have become poorer and more.run sown, while others that had become unfashionable have been revived and become extremely desirable.

Multiculturalism is not a lie, it has been responsible for the growth of human civilization since the earliest times.

I don't have photos since I was a School kid but if I did they would show a clean area where people had respect for one another to a dirty area where the majority behave like animals

Its simply not worth the joy of buying a meal of differing origin, its funny how those who support multiculturalism all say the same thing "oh well Im just loving this food" even though the whole neighborhood has become dysfunctional, bad trad in my opinion !

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Okay. So in other words you are just pissed that there are more brown people coming into your town, that's what I thought. If you can't understand that they are just people trying to make their lives better then I don't know what to tell you. There will be criminal elements within any sub-sect of society. Not just the immigrants, the fact that you can't rationalize this is indicative of your true feelings on the matter.

Nope they are of various colours including white, olive, brown, black

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
Yeah fun for a day but I guess you were glad to getaway at the end of the day !

link   
ALL HAIL DIVERSITY!
that's one thing I have noticed about this website. So many hate the capitalist system in the US and point to places in Europe like Denmark as examples of better ways to run things and completely ignore the lack of multiculturalism in those countries. Things run so much better when social unrest is not a hot topic. Social issues are such a huge factor for economies. When immigrants blend with the locals things run smoothly but when they remain separate, not so much. This country was the melting pot for a reason. That stopped a few generations ago.

link   

Damn Homo Sapiens, coming in and taking all the jobs from the Neanderthals...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame
a reply to: windword
Yeah fun for a day but I guess you were glad to getaway at the end of the day !

Yeah, but we went back again on Saturday. I'll go there again.

Money, commerce, it makes the world go around! I wouldn't want to work there though!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Most multicultural areas in London soon become gentrified meaning the people who lived there before can no longer afford property or rents in the area as hipsters artists and Bohemian types move and make the area desire able again. That was my experience of living in Camberwell South London and Hackney in East London. Properties in Hackney now are above the price any immigrants can afford. London house prices and rent are out of the reach of most people. My friend recently sold his crappy flat in Crystal palace for over 400,000. It's tiny and in a crap part of London. I thought he was mad buying at the time, but he's had the last laugh. Don't you just hate it when things like that happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So I guess the question is who should be allowed to live in London?
Seems you think all the immigrants are the problem, so are you saying you need to kick them out and let certain people stay?
edit on stMon, 01 Dec 2014 11:44:33 -0600America/Chicago1220143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join