It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of multiculturalism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arpad
No more individual races, cultures, and ideas means no more dissent to their plans. Just more confused cattle that are even more easy to lead.

So, embracing people's differences makes them less different?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

lol. that is actually a really awesome accusation! I do love a good conspiracy theory, it is after all what originally attracted me to this site in the first place. But back in the land of reality, I come from a family that's as conservative and Anglo European as they come.

Also, never even met a Jewish person to be honest. When people talk about Jewish people, I just think of the old testament and Jerry Seinfeld, lol. I also know nothing about the ATS member you refer to except from what I've read in this thread.

edit on 7-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Thank you for being civil about it. I wasn't sure. The dots seemed to connect. Sometimes that doesn't mean anything, however.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I don't know where you live in the Government's Feudal Oligarchy of the Colony of Canadakastan, but I live near Toronto. Here we have the multicultural gangs, about 21 in Toronto and 27 in the burbs, that's colourful ;-) There's the occasional turf war, one of my friend's nephews was shot about a week ago in a Chinese restaurant while minding his own business, colourful again. Unfortunately, the colour is kind of a red ocher, you know, blood

sounds like you are making exceptions and extreme examples the rule. Toronto has many other problems that contribute to gang life other than multiculturalism, immigrants who want to run gangs and extortion rackets target cities where the environment is already ripe for that activity. and they will make it worse, but this exists everywhere and is not necessarily a condition of multiculturalism, as many others from other cities have already pointed out here from first hand experiences.

If you want to talk about crime and how multiculturalism can contribute to it, that's a valid argument. But I cannot believe your painted picture of multiculturalism being so inherently bad when there are so many good stories and achievements from it all over the world. including my own.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: passit
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I don't know where you live in the Government's Feudal Oligarchy of the Colony of Canadakastan, but I live near Toronto. Here we have the multicultural gangs, about 21 in Toronto and 27 in the burbs, that's colourful ;-) There's the occasional turf war, one of my friend's nephews was shot about a week ago in a Chinese restaurant while minding his own business, colourful again. Unfortunately, the colour is kind of a red ocher, you know, blood

sounds like you are making exceptions and extreme examples the rule. Toronto has many other problems that contribute to gang life other than multiculturalism, immigrants who want to run gangs and extortion rackets target cities where the environment is already ripe for that activity. and they will make it worse, but this exists everywhere and is not necessarily a condition of multiculturalism, as many others from other cities have already pointed out here from first hand experiences.

If you want to talk about crime and how multiculturalism can contribute to it, that's a valid argument. But I cannot believe your painted picture of multiculturalism being so inherently bad when there are so many good stories and achievements from it all over the world. including my own.

Well, just calling it as I sees it ;-) Multiculturalism contributes to dividing society, eg fracturing it allow more insidious government control and it contributes to increases in crime. On the crime aspect, most canadians are quite honestly highly cautious sheep. They risk little and therefore expect the same from other canadians. However, let's look at Nigeria, Angola, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, etc. where life is cheap and killing is easy. A lot of people may say they are trying to escape that kind of society, but you have to remember that once you have lived and functioned in that kind of society, the sliding scale of the rules of engagement change, especially when it comes to keeping you and your family in "coffee and donuts" in a relatively peaceful colony like Canada. The average canadian can easily become a target of both government supported abuse through "tail wag dog" legislation as well the direct activities of cultural groups who really have no problem with violent extortion. To believe this isn't happening is either naive or delusional.

If the culture is peaceful and non-invasive, is willing to learn the language and doesn't seek to change their new found host colony or country, I certainly have no problem with it. Anything else is not acceptable.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rowanflame

I grew up in camden which maybe the most multicultural diverse area in the UK. Its certainly up there anyways.. No problems enjoyed having a divserse mix of people..

Cities are changing places. Thirty years ago peeps use to cuss the Irish in london.. Now instead it is other cultures...

Nothing to worry about in my books anyhow

purp.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: rowanflame

I grew up in camden which maybe the most multicultural diverse area in the UK.

That's funny, you talk about Camden and I think, whats that got to do with the UK?

All I think about is some crazy blonde chick who drives a Subaru and has one of those sexy US southern accents.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

hm Camden town is in north west london. i am thinking from your reply that there is one in the US too...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

We have a Camden in Adelaide, South Australia too...5 minutes to the beach.

I see Suby is from the Great Southern Land too......I wonder where that is.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

No sorry, I had one to many and was being an complete idiot. I was referring to 'My Name is Earl'.

It's a good point you bring up about the Irish though, I think I made a point further back in the thread about the Greeks in Australia (Melbourne to be exact). Everyone used to always carry on about how the Greeks were going to take over our country and destroy our culture. But now the Greek community are a accepted and respected part of our culture and people have moved on to the next wave of immigrants who they claim are going to take us over.

It's feeble minded to say the least.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

All coming out now.. Camdens everywhere...

I thought there was just one..

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join