It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique's Opening Post

I'll play.

What would be proof of God existing for you?

God, as in God Almighty?

Bringing a new universe into existence before my eyes might do the trick. Anything else, even creating life from inanimate matter or destroying a whole galaxy, is theoretically within the capability of a very powerful but mortal intelligence.

But to tell the truth, I'd still be a bit suspicious. Might be a conjuring trick, y'know.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Plain and simple answer to your thread:

There is no possible or logical reality to there ever having or ever being such an entity as "GOD"!

DOGs do a lot of one thing in different places and religious fruit and nuts do much of the same!

Religion is just another form of a plague, yet this one hasn't yet been properly addressed. However, I do think that
wisdom and common sense are another form of plague which hopefully will become pervasive enough to one day both outlaw and eradicate religion which is such a crutch dependent excuse for abuse and control!

Rest my case.......and time will prove me to be right and fools to be what they are! And there are hundreds of millions of them!!

Have a nice day..............without the bless you!
edit on 20-11-2014 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: TechUnique

Oh I know it's not relevant today. It bothers me that a God would choose a piece of wiener as a covenant period.

Or condone slavery, rape, and murder.

While we are on the subject of the Old Testament, I'm curious how you decide what's relevant and what isn't?

Not trying to be rude here this is an honest question. Have you ever actually read the whole Bible?

Like I said. The truth has been perverted so that it is a misrepresentation of the truth. My proof is personal proof coupled with the truth of the Bible. You can get past all of the deception you just need discernment. I'm not talking about logical discernment I'm talking about spiritual discernment.

Again;
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I don't know the complete answers to why there are contradictions in the Bible. But I do know that there has been a collaborative effort to destroy the true message of God which is IN the Bible.

Gods word is infallible but given enough time, translations and evil dictators...
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So have you read it cover to cover or no?

link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: TechUnique's Opening Post

I'll play.

What would be proof of God existing for you?

God, as in God Almighty?

Bringing a new universe into existence before my eyes might do the trick. Anything else, even creating life from inanimate matter or destroying a whole galaxy, is theoretically within the capability of a very powerful but mortal intelligence.

But to tell the truth, I'd still be a bit suspicious. Might be a conjuring trick, y'know.

For God to prove to you that he exists you want him to create another Universe just for you?

How would you see this new universe created, how would you even be able to fathom or comprehend this creation and know that it wasn't just an insane acid trip??

You've just admitted yourself that it wouldn't matter what God did you still wouldn't believe he was God. Just something God like that resulted ultimately from the big bang?

link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Similarly I could draw from my observations of you that you are probably seeing your OWN doubts in my writing. Furthermore you are even reading what I am saying instead of just 'moving on' because you have your own doubts.

I have no doubts.

When have you observed me?

Are you that peeping tom I caught staring through my window the other night

Yes I am reading what you are saying because you are posting it on a site I enjoy visiting,

Why would I move on when I find interest in what I am reading?

Yes I have many doubts, one being about you, how you describe your beliefs and your faith and say they are solid.

I aint claiming I having no doubts

A person of solid faith need not know what anothers faith is or what would convince them of coming over to your side of belief, that is a sign of doubt not faith.

Be open to yourself and you will find yourself much easier then if you deny yourself.
edit on 20-11-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If God physically entered your room, performed a miracle and proclaimed that Jesus was his son and rose from the dead would you believe it or would you think you were hallucinating? Or would you 'Just know'?

What if I saw Shiva or Genesha instead? what if it was Odin standing over me proclaiming that the Ragnarok was nigh? If I told people that I had those visions they'd think I was mad. But if I saw Jesus turn water into wine in front of my eyes then many people would find that completely plausible.

I believe in a governing force and i'd like to think that the universe itself is an entity, but that's just an idea and I wouldn't expect anyone to accept that idea as a fact. God is no different; he is just an idea until he is a proven fact.

edit on 20-11-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No but I am getting there and I have a lot of friends who are truly dedicated who have. I am fairly new in my faith, maybe 4 years into it. I don't pretend to know all the answers because I don't. I am merely trying to explain my own reasoning. This is futile though because we are trying to understand the reasoning of something (God) which is way above us.

That's like a fish trying to understand the reasoning behind a subtle direction change of an Eagle a mile above in the sky.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Paul message is not reliable to me and that is why I do not believe in normal Christian faith since it only feeds false spirituality where you believe you have achieved something automatically without proof even if you have not achieved anything. Faith in the form it is taught in Christian faith is a scam. "The secret" is more accurate on how intention->manifestation for all souls works.

First achieve the holy ghost/energized body state and then tell me the mysteries of the experience. Removing the peg out of the third eye.

I do believe in the oneness of all spiritually evolved beings who follow the ideals of symbiosis and symbiotic actions. But then that have been taught by many for instance Rumi, Jesus, Nanak, Krishna and Gautama Buddha.

Jesus is part of the Buddhas/"blessed ones" from my point of view. He is neither greater or lesser than any of them when he is in his perfect state of being just like the others. He is equal.

Namaste.
edit on 20-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

a reply to: InhaleExhale

Similarly I could draw from my observations of you that you are probably seeing your OWN doubts in my writing. Furthermore you are even reading what I am saying instead of just 'moving on' because you have your own doubts.

I have no doubts.

When have you observed me?

Are you that peeping tom I caught staring through my window the other night

Yes I am reading what you are saying because you are posting it on a site I enjoy visiting,

Why would I move on when I find interest in what I am reading?

Yes I have many doubts, one being about you, how you describe your beliefs and your faith and say they are solid.

I aint claiming I having no doubts

A person of solid faith need not know what anothers faith is or what would convince them of coming over to your side of belief, that is a sign of doubt not faith.

Be open to yourself and you will find yourself much easier then if you deny yourself.

I don't need to know all this!

This thread is in response to the general response of people in my previous few threads. I don't need to know why you guys are atheists. The reason I'm doing it is because I want you to reconsider.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So you do admit that you understand the contradictions in the bible but still get your truth from it? So you admit that your truth is perverted and contradictory to our current understanding of how the world works?

And your trying to spread this perverted contradiction? And still claim that you have valid answers? While dismissing actual valid answers?

Hah!!! Christians.....mental gymnastics to keep themselves fooled.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So you do admit that you understand the contradictions in the bible but still get your truth from it? So you admit that your truth is perverted and contradictory to our current understanding of how the world works?

And your trying to spread this perverted contradiction? And still claim that you have valid answers? While dismissing actual valid answers?

Hah!!! Christians.....mental gymnastics to keep themselves fooled.

Have you not been listening to me?

My proof is personal. I have said that COUNTLESS TIMES.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
And then you said you couple that with the truth from the bible. It's written right there. a reply to: TechUnique

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is starting to turn into much of what the other threads did. People putting words in my mouth.

I'm just gonna leave it here. I did try, relentlessly. You guys hate it anyway so I'm just gonna stop. Was nice talking to you.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
And then you said you couple that with the truth from the bible. It's written right there. a reply to: TechUnique

Yeah, Couple it with. My initial and resounding proof was personal and was enough to know. Like I said, you're twisting my words. This is exactly why after 9 pages and 4 other threads I'm going to give up. Not entirely, just on this site. I have tried my absolute hardest.

Sorry to anyone's comments who I don't respond to from now on but I really mean it this time. Unless I see a comment that I feel absolutely compelled to answer, you guys are just gonna have to carry on the discussion yourselves. No one can say that I haven't tried to respond to everyone in this thread to the best of my ability!

I'm exhausted and really must be getting back to work, I've got a shedload of stuff to be getting through. Plus I've got errands to run. I hope there are no hard feelings with anyone because I don't hold grudges. No reason why we can't just be cool with each other

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No but I am getting there and I have a lot of friends who are truly dedicated who have. I am fairly new in my faith, maybe 4 years into it. I don't pretend to know all the answers because I don't. I am merely trying to explain my own reasoning. This is futile though because we are trying to understand the reasoning of something (God) which is way above us.

That's like a fish trying to understand the reasoning behind a subtle direction change of an Eagle a mile above in the sky.
Except for eagles and fish are real. Your trying to understand a fairy tale and apply it to your life. Based on your own story of how you encountered god, it seems you were in a desperate time with drugs and foul people. Bad decisions led you to where you were and bad decisions have led you where you are now. Why should anyone listen to you? You have only told us why we shouldn't trust you.
edit on 20-11-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So you are having a personal relation ship with "god" where you are experiencing Synchronicity. Good for you since at least you are getting real spiritual help dealing with this level. Synchronicity is "the god works in mysterious ways".

Even if you get help from "god" it does not automatically mean you version of faith is the true all encompassing truth. Religion was created by man to try to explain what is and is not finished yet to explain everything like it is with no mysteries. To make it clear I believe in thing greater than me. I just do not believe humans have created "perfect spiritual knowledge" yet.

11:11 is a common experience shared by many souls here.

edit on 20-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Awesome. I win again.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

For God to prove to you that he exists you want him to create another Universe just for you?

That's right.

How would you see this new universe created, how would you even be able to fathom or comprehend this creation and know that it wasn't just an insane acid trip??

Oh, I'd expect Him to be able take care of all that stuff. Being omnipotent an' all, y'know.

You've just admitted yourself that it wouldn't matter what God did you still wouldn't believe he was God.

No, those are just the words you want to put into my mouth. I merely demand a standard of evidence proportionate to the outrageousness of the claim being made.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think the best evidence an atheist or agnostic could receive is after they die and they still exist.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join