It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUESTION to ALL Atheists!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Don't think its even the least bit important whether other people believe in God or not, rather more important that they strive for a free and equal world and live with integrity and love. Or, work on themselves as much as possible, ie learn from life and strive to grow more.

However, it important that we free this world from religions and boxes, and any form of control or dictatorship, or thinking one can own other people.

Religions are their biggest boxes, they are the control traps for this planet and enable all their abuses of it, the mismanagement and slavery.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

so because we don't think and believe as you do, then "satan" has done a good job on us?

lol

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Well, that was uncalled for. No-one I have seen here has called you horrible or such a thing.

Maybe you feel uncomfortable that there are counterarguments against religion which might be too difficult (to avoid saying "impossible") to disprove?

Really, all I get from discussions with religious people is "ugh, you are heathens! You shall not speak to me, again! Unvile creatures!".

Just because we break their idols and ideas. Sorry (yes, with a hint of sarcasm).

All you would need to do is read my last few threads to see what I mean. Someone accused me of being horrible when in fact I have no once been horrible.

I did say stuff like, Are you insane?! As in, how can you think like that?! Same as countlessss people have been saying to me in these threads. I haven't said anything about anyone being stupid or anything, yet that has happened to me more times than I can remember in the threads in question.

IF someone who IS religious does ANYTHING wrong.. they look a LOT worse than an atheist who does it. Same as if a white guy steals for his family and says please people go, 'aww, he must of really needed it' whereas the other way around it would be a much different picture.

Perspective is a crucial thing. So is discernment. A lot of people don't have either nowadays. The confusion a lot of you are feeling in these threads is the reason why you just can't stop. You are relentless. You see me as relentless but given any other topic you all would have given up a long time ago.

Instead you are INTENT on, changing my mind I guess, or something.

If it is that obvious and that stupid then why bother? Why invest all this time? I know why I am but do you?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

"i'm right, you're wrong, period."

that's what you're saying..

and you call US closed-minded..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

so because we don't think and believe as you do, then "satan" has done a good job on us?

lol

No not because you don't think like me.

Because YOU don't believe in the ONE TRUE GOD. YOUR CREATOR.

Simple. Stop thinking this is about me, it really isn't. This is about your soul and God.

Not me.

But by all means keep spouting the pop-psychology of 'you're just reaffirming your own doubts by thrusting them onto us'. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior. Once you really get into the meat of why the world is like it is today you will see that it is not because of God but IN SPITE OF GOD.

You all really need to wake up. Before you say, why isn't god doing anything about it? HE IS. He's trying to get as many people 'on the ark' so to speak before he has to blow it all to hell.

Do you understand now? I really hope you do.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

so then it's all your opinion then...ok, that's fine...everyone is entitled to an opinion...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Please could I have a response to my last post to you with facts and proof that god exists in this Era and not what was written in the bible?

You may have overlooked my last post!!???

Thank you

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 20/11/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
You are judging God based on YOUR understanding of the universe.

Well I'm going to drop the paradox argument because we will just disagree, which is fine. However this statement above brought a question into my mind.

How did all the animals fit on the ark?

Given the dimensions in Genesis, and the multitude of life on Earth.. How did they all fit?

I'm guessing they didn't. OR my understanding of the universe doesn't match God's and the Ark was an extra dimensional space like Mary Poppins' bag. Those are my guesses, though I could be wrong.

Don't answer if you don't feel inclined. It's not exactly on topic.
edit on 11-20-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

What would be proof of God existing for you?

IF just for one single day no one starved to death, no one was beaten to death, no one died because they were too poor to pay for treatment, no one was killed because of their beliefs, no one was persecuted because of who they love...I think that would be a good start.

That is impossible whilst we are in the presence of sin. Once this is rectified there won't be any of these problems that you can attribute to the falling, or evil, of man.

If God was to just 'stop those things from happening' we wouldn't have free will.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You are judging God based on YOUR understanding of the universe.

Well I'm going to drop the paradox argument because we will just disagree, which is fine. However this statement above brought a question into my mind.

How did all the animals fit on the ark?

Given the dimensions in Genesis, and the multitude of life on Earth.. How did they all fit?

I'm guessing they didn't. OR my understanding of the universe doesn't match God's and the Ark was an extra dimensional space like Mary Poppins' bag. Those are my guesses, though I could be wrong.

Don't answer if you don't feel inclined. It's not exactly on topic.

Jesus made a few loathes of bread and a couple of fish feed hundreds. I'm sure God can turn a wooden ark into the equivalent of Dr.Who's tardis.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

God manipulates free will throughout the Bible.

I'm not sure if you are aware of that.

But it goes to show it's not all that important to him.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
Please could I have a response to my last post to you with facts and proof that god exists in this Era and not what was written in the bible?

You may have overlooked my last post!!???

Thank you

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Most of your questions were rhetorical and the others have already been answered although not directly, with my other posts. I.e, the proof is personal.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

God manipulates free will throughout the Bible.

I'm not sure if you are aware of that.

But it goes to show it's not all that important to him.

There's a difference between doing that and then doing the Genie 'BING' and suddenly making everyone not evil.

Quite a huge difference, actually.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

so then it's all your opinion then...ok, that's fine...everyone is entitled to an opinion...

Why the sudden change of heart?

Your previous 100 comments are nothing like that comment.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Don't think its even the least bit important whether other people believe in God or not, rather more important that they strive for a free and equal world and live with integrity and love. Or, work on themselves as much as possible, ie learn from life and strive to grow more.

However, it important that we free this world from religions and boxes, and any form of control or dictatorship, or thinking one can own other people.

Religions are their biggest boxes, they are the control traps for this planet and enable all their abuses of it, the mismanagement and slavery.

No, the united nations, the EU and the central banks are the biggest boxes and control traps for the planet.

Don't get it twisted.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The 10 commandments didn't work did they? People didn't listen. Jesus being sent down was another chance. The end times being written down and coming to fruition in front of your very eyes is another chance. Me talking to you now is another chance and you will get many more before your time is up.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I agree. My opinion is it's far worse than that. God frequently manipulates free will by hardening peoples hearts against him. Of course this gets compounded because he also sends strong delusions so those who reject the love of the truth believe lies. It's really a vicious cycle. Almost as if he wants as few people as possible to make it into heaven.

A good example of this manipulation is the Exodus. God tells Moses to go and ask Pharaoh to let his chosen people go. Then he goes and hardens Pharaohs heart against him, making him that much more inclined to say no and deny the miracles God told Moses to perform for him (something with snakes iirc). He does this numerous times and each time he hardens Pharaohs heart, he also punishes him and all of Egypt with plagues for it. I need not remind you one of those plagues was the taking of all the first born..

So yeah, in my opinion God doesn't care about free will. I may be wrong but I don't recall there being anything about it in the Bible anyway.

Makes you wonder how much deception you can attribute to Satan vs God..
edit on 11-20-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
There are many valid reasons people question religion in general. I used to consider myself Christian, but that was probably because of my upbringing in the USA. Now I'm more agnostic.

The one point that really has me at odds is the whole proselytizing to reach "salvation." If no man can get to heaven but through Christ, then doesn't that mean the whole world who didn't get the message about Christ went to hell, correct?

For example, let's take North America and the Native Americans living there at the time. According to the bible, if you don't believe in Christ you won't have eternal life. This means that for at least 1000 years, all of the Natives went to hell out of ignorance, correct?

And to answer your question on proof... Let's begin with the Christian religion agreeing with each other and coming together as one, with no denominations. If the Christian God can manage his own religion to do that, we're off to a good start.

Why are there denominations to begin with? Is God telling different people different things?

The bible has been edited to raise concerns of its validity. Same reason the catholic church translated it into Latin and persecuted any peasants caught reading it. Because it's the truth! That's why we've got a watered down and modded Bible because they 'Occult new world order' knew they couldn't eradicate the word of God so they just perverted it instead.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I agree. My opinion is it's far worse than that. God frequently manipulates free will by hardening peoples hearts against him. Of course this gets compounded because he also sends strong delusions so those who reject the love of the truth believe lies. It's really a vicious cycle. Almost as if he wants as few people as possible to make it into heaven.

A good example of this manipulation is the Exodus. God tells Moses to go and ask Pharaoh to let his chosen people go. Then he goes and hardens Pharaohs heart against him, making him that much more inclined to say no and deny the miracles God told Moses to perform for him (something with snakes iirc). He does this numerous times and each time he hardens Pharaohs heart, he also punishes him and all of Egypt with plagues for it. I need not remind you one of those plagues was the taking of all the first born..

So yeah, in my opinion God doesn't care about free will. I may be wrong but I don't recall there being anything about it in the Bible anyway.

Trials and tribulations are what build character. You will agree yes? Now if you look at it from an eternal spiritual sense then it makes a lot more sense.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
To elaborate.

In dirty politics, if you can't beat the opposing politician in a humble and true manner. You attempt to slander them and discredit them. Tell lies about them, distort what they say, spread rumors and turn people away from them under false pretenses.

This is precisely what Satan has done. Very well might I add..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join