It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

and this, folks, is the perception they seek to instill upon us all.....that there is an epidemic, and that it's pressing, and that all we need to do to stop it, is support policies that relieve us of more responsibility and freedom....

yes....total control is the only way..

I never said anything about taking away freedom or guns if that's what you're getting at. All I'm saying is, is that something is not right about all of this.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This sounds like the work of Dingy Harry Reid.

Residents at an apartment complex where it appeared the two lived together said they had a reputation for spouting racist, anti-government views, bragging about their gun collection and boasting that they’d spent time at Cliven Bundy’s ranch during a recent standoff there between armed militia members and federal government agents. The couple was identified this morning as Jerad and Amanda Miller, according to the Lafayette Journal and Courier newspaper.
www.lasvegassun.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Shooter talked to neighbors and made threats against LEO. More information from NBC>

"We gotta do what we gotta do," Jerad Miller told Kelly Fielder, adding that he and his wife, Amanda, were departing for an "underground world."

LAS VEGAS SHOOTING

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier
I know you are from the area and long before the boom began out there, so it may have been a friendlier town back then. I lived there for a very brief time (18 months in 2007-2008). In my apartment complex I found that if I said hello to neighbors coming or going, getting the mail, or in the parking lot, I would get a blank stare and no response at all. I came to the conclusion that there was just too many people from all over the country and there was no sense of community.

So I find it hard to believe that these two suspects were chatting up all their new neighbors about all their beliefs and doom plans... It's just not realistic especially from what I have witnessed while there. The only good thing I can say about Las Vegas is Lake Mead, and that's disappearing fast.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Doesn't qualify as a mass shooting as only 1 unarmed civilian was killed. Police don't count as it is their occupation to deal with these psycho's and there must be some number of civvies killed to make it a mass shooting otherwise it is just journalistic sensationalism.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba
Walmart, why am I NOT surprised? I've seen the strangest things there, witnessed a stupid fight in the parking lot between two southern ladies who were vying for the primo parking spot when I thought a little bit of a walk wouldn't hurt them none, get your 10,000 steps in ladies. I have no reason to shop there anymore and I don't. Besides, most everything on their shelves is made in China. Just an irritating situation all around, but to be honest, I can see how someone would completely lose it at a Walmart, but then that's a whole 'nother story

Out of curiosity, where do you go for all "made in America" products? Do you only not buy Chinese goods, or also don't buy Vietnamese, Indian, Mexican, etc. ?

In case you didn't know, usually an american company is the one distributing and reselling those Chinese goods, so it's not like buying them is hurting the American economy. Most companies haven't manufactured their own goods for a long, long time.

Not trying to get under your skin, or criticize you for your intentions or shopping habits. Just curious of your knowledge of consumer goods and their origination. People love to knock Walmart for selling Chinese goods, like Target, Kmart, Shopko, Sams, or any other grocery or goods store don't also shelve the same goods from the same manufacturer. Look at all those Americans working at Walmart, they employ a huge number of American citizens.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Mike, we moved here in 1999 for a job. I flew for an entertainer here. The Henderson area was rather small, very friendly, and if this type of conversation and threats were overheard the local police would have know about it in minutes. The community was just that, a community. Now the area where we live, formerly on the edge of town, is almost in the middle of town. The boom and subsequent bust has left many properties empty and foreclosed. More and more meth labs and grow houses are popping up and some being discovered by LEO.

Metro has had their hands full with the transient nature of this area. Elections for Sheriff are this year and the same old good old boy candidates are here but there are some really viable opponents. I am glad I am not in LEO, as their job has become very dangerous. You would not believe the antics of visitors here. Many many from our neighbor to the south and west. Lots of crime and gangs being imported.
edit on 691414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
these people were white supremacists and a meth-using husband and wife team.

Jerad Miller had a police record for drugs, battery, criminal recklessness, et al.

We will hear a lot about this story because it’s the first case in a long time that the media can blame on right-wingers, though as in all these cases, the perpetrators are simply lunatics.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Another one!

And again it makes one wonder:

Why don't they go after the people most guilty in the decay of the world and therefore presumably the reason for their discontent?

Like drug dealers and white collar criminals.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
R.I.P to those who have lost their lives to this demonic human ignorance. May the LORD watch over those in transition from here and their families here.

Eventually it may be a choice between keeping personal weapons or having sad to say weaponized drones overseeing public places that can respond immediately to these types of acts with reflected force.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Why is the Las Vegas-Review Journal not allowed to be linked to in my post?
edit on 9-6-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Mike, they like to sue for copyright infringement, lible, etc. I have had the same problem and Zaphod clued me in.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
***snip***

Also..... I was in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago, spent a week there. My mother in law questioned why I had to carry a concealed weapon when we went to Wal-mart, The Carrol Shelby museum and then out to dinner....."What are you afraid of?" she asked......

***snip***.

As a matter of curiosity, are there any known cases where a concerned civilian with a carry license actually has taken out a would be "mass shooter"?

Or are they all heroes on forums alone?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"We gotta do what we gotta do," Jerad Miller told Kelly Fielder, adding that he and his wife, Amanda, were departing for an "underground world."

Anyone have any idea WHAT they meant by this?

Did they KNOW they were headed for hell?

Technically, they couldn't have been any more correct...

According to Jesus and many NDE's, Hell is inside the center of earth.

In Matthew 12:40, Jesus says:

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

Jesus spoke again, "Hell has a body (like a human form) lying on her back in the center of the earth. Hell is shaped like a human body- very large and with many chambers of torment. Remember to tell the people of earth that hell is real. Millions of lost souls are here, and more are coming every day."

Divine Revelation of Hell

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh OK, I will edit the photo out of my last post.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

My take on their comments was that after they assassinated the LEO they were going to go underground and disappear. Just my take on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra

Oh OK, I will edit the photo out of my last post. Scummy newspaper.

That's a facebook picture. You should be okay. Leave it up.

There are many pics of them on Facebook, including some of Amanda shooting a rifle and both of them, I think at an Occupy rally etc..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
OK, I'll try to put it back. This is just too creepy with all these shootings having connections to the Joker and Batman. Am I wrong to think there's a common theme going on there?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Another pic of the alleged perps:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How old did they say that the male suspect was? I found this Jerad Miller on Mugshots.com and he looks crazy, and listed as in custody in Maricopa County, AZ. mugshot-catalogs.com...

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join