It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best beer you have ever tasted?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Come to Britain have a pint of hand pulled real ale and you will be spolit for choice...... That said I have a few entirely regional dependent !

1. Timothy Taylors Landlord Bitter (Yorkshire).
2. Tetleys Bitter (probably because I was weened on it in Yorkshire)
3. Deuchars IPA (Horseshoe Bar, Glasgow).
4. Robinsons Bitter (Manchester)

So I was brought up in Yorkshire, studied in Manchester and now live south of Glasgow.

NB all hand pulled not bottled.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow I never realized so many people liked pale ales... I tend to stick to lagers like Yuengling, but these days I'm really getting into Belgian whites - ever since my friend bought us a case of Blue Moon a while back. Right now I'm enjoying a case of Shock Top. I also really like drinking molson and labatt's. Not really into the hoppy stuff like Stone IPA (Gargoyle). One of my friends had some of that a while ago too, and I found myself chugging it to heavy metal... fun stuff lol. I can't stand drinking stuff like Black and Tan's, makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

I don't drink coffee at all, that probably has a lot to do with people's tastes in beer.... I don't smoke anymore either. If you think about it coffee and cigarettes taste like crap.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Many British pubs in Canada. I like the bitters but CHILL THEM!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It's true! I've traveled up and down Europe, sampled the hell out of their beers through many pubs.
It's damn good, especially up in Germany.

Still gotta say though, I'm a lucky man to live a block from a microbrewery, they get awards all the time for making delicious beer.
Nor Cal doesn't mess around with good product, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

It's true! I've traveled up and down Europe, sampled the hell out of their beers through many pubs.
It's damn good, especially up in Germany.

Still gotta say though, I'm a lucky man to live a block from a microbrewery, they get awards all the time for making delicious beer.
Nor Cal doesn't mess around with good product, that's for sure.

Dude, I just moved to east Tennessee from the west coast. I plan on making a trip to Asheville because I heard it was like THE place to be for awesome brew... any suggestions or anything?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's really not a slap at American brewers.

But really it is. I just worked with a bunch of Europeans here in the states and for the most part the only American beer they were familiar with was Budweiser, and they were all in agreement that American beer was sh*te. On the last night I went out and got them a sixer of Dogfishhead 60 min IPA, some Smuttynose Pale Ale and a bomber of Stone Ruination. None of them knew American beer like that existed. While I applaud Germany's centuries old purity laws, and Belgian Abbie's that have been brewing beer for 800 years, that doesn't take away from the quality of beer being produced here in the states.
edit on 24-2-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It comes down to 2 different beers for me....

Either Flying Dog's Raging Bitch Belgian IPA which is 8.3% ABU
or
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA which is 9% ABU

enjoying a flying dog as we speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The best beer I have had is Maredsous Triple. Sadly, I have only seen it offered for sale in 2 different pubs.

beeradvocate.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
speckled hen, castle, bass ale , haarp,guiness, guiness +
bass ale = black and tan always a fav of mine ^^, cider jack 6% ^^, blue moons blueberry, i dont know really my list could go on and on, also depends on season as some taste great in winter and vice versa ^^

after my friends taught me to drink real beer lol (all my friends were much older than me)
i was one of those kids that brought his own beer in backpack to party's ^^ in high school and college heh,
edit on 24-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

edit on 24-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets again

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
if i may....Piston head:

Made with munich malt and pilsner hops.
I can personally vouch for this one, as can 5 bavarian guests

Or Marestads from the same brewery, a dortmund style beer, darkish, malty, but very drinkable.

For the less off UK connoisseur, I would recommend perlenbacher from Lidl.

It's Good German pilsner, on a par with any other mass produced Pilsner.

Good taste, fantastic hoppy buzz. Cheap for the quality.

review

I was 18 years in Bavaria.

Now in the Uk.

Not really off topic, but....

Anyone know any other good, affordable, orderable beer (with only barley, water and hops) in the uk?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Try it:

It's better.

ETA: I'm actually having a couple of those right now too.

edit on 24-2-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

tricerahops is the best ive had by a fair margin (i would recommend anything made by ninkasi though)

anybody else here brew their own?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'll tell you when I find the greatest beer, but after 47 years of trying I think I may just continue and enjoy the journey.......

You pull em, I'll drink em.................

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Hefeweizen in general.

My first hefe was memorable. Sort of like the first time I had sex--I really liked it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nothing satisfies better than a cold Duff beer. Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff!

I used to drink Fudd, until I went blind.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've had a lot of different beers in my life, including some Swiss "Christmas beer" of unremembered brand that had 14% alcohol, but the one that I discovered recently that is surprisingly good is Carlsberg draft.

It is nothing like Carlsberg in cans or bottles. It is still a lager but it has a fuller more satisfying flavour.

I just got back from the pub actually where I had a pint of Guinness with fish and chips. Guinness is almost a cliché but hey, the clichés get to be clichés for a reason. It is my favorite stout and will be around as long as anybody is around on this planet.

I like Leffe blonde as well. Belgian beer with a tincture of orange in the flavour. Very nice.

Edit: Millstream Organic. A very nice locally (Toronto) brewed lager should also get a mention. Very good any time but great warm weather beer. Very clean on the palate.

One time I didn't drink for about two years. My first beer after two years was a Molson's Export, a typical Canadian mass produced beer. After two years of not drinking anything, it tasted as rich as sherry.
edit on 24-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Will do!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have to say my absolute favorite beer I have tried to date is one my friend brought back with him from germany. It's a dark lager and the only one I have tried that I have liked the bottle he brought back was much larger than the one shown, and that was about 10 years ago.

As far as what I like that I normally drink my favorites here would have to be Sam Adams (everything but Winter Lager as it tastes like rotting leaves) and this one Wachusett Blueberry Ale.

The stuff I drink that is mainstream that everyone in America knows about is Schlitz and Busch.....but those take a backseat to those previously mentioned.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling gremlin strikes again

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Whatever is in the fridge when I get home from work.

I kick off my boots, crack a beer and get on the internet to look up the news of the day. As long as it is cold, bubbly and hoppy, I'm a happy man.

I like Sam Adams, their regular brew. Their Octoberfest brew is delicious as well. Don't care for any of their honey or berry stuff.

As for macro swill, something to drink on the softball field, Coors or Busch. They're cheap and you can drink a lot of them.

*Edit: Except for Blueberry Ale. I can't remember who made it, but after a twelve pack of that nonsense, I thought I was going to die. Blueberries and beer don't belong together.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

Hahahah you are probably talking about Wachusett Blueberry Ale....I actually like it...oh well..we can't all like the same things

edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spacing

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I also completely forgot about Grimm Brothers!! It's a local brewery, but I'm a big fan of their little red cap! Grimm Brothers Brewery

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join