It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best beer you have ever tasted?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
best beer I have drank, was when I lived in Germany, and each village had a brewery, also the purity laws in Germany for beer is intense, If I recall correctly some of the best German, beers I drank weissen, which is wheat beer, very potent and good. I also Like German lager, and pils, as I said there were so many brewery's and differant kinds of beers I cannot just say which BRAND or german label I remembered..

The best beer I drank was German beer, in Germany, I lived over there for like 3 years or so, on Sunday's a Beer man would come, like the milk man of old in the states, and pick up my empty bottles and sell me another case of the best beer in the World.. That's right A beer man would come to my house on Sunday's and deliver me beer..

Also it should be noted all beers in the states err almost most of them that say imports are not really, they are full of preservatives and not really the same BEER you would be drinking in its home country..

Anyhow the best beer I ever tasted was GERMAN beer in GERMANY... Hundreds upon hundreds of beer differant labels etc.

Yes I have been to Oktoberfest...

edit on 24-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Yup, there's a German beer I drink for a change-up. Holsten Maibock. Very good.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Root beer

The rest tastes like sweaty socks smell.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

r

Svyturys is available wherever you find large groups of Lithuanians...... Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Massechussetts, Maine, Arizona and Florida and of course..... you can definitely find it in Chicago.... Chicago has the largest Lithuanian population of Lithuanians ..... outside of Lithuania.

It's a beer well worth looking for.

edit on 2/24/2013 by benevolent tyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Bell's Hopslam.....a local brewhouse/restaurant had an entire event surrounding a couple kegs of this stuff and I understood why after having the first few sips. and at 10% abv u only need a few

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Dale's Pale Ale... Best effin beer goin... after that there's only 1 and that's PBR!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
“In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
― Benjamin Franklin

This is the Reinheitsgebot :

wiki
German Beer 101

In modern German, the line reads thusly: Ganz besonders wollen wir, dass forthin allenthalben in unserem Städten, Märkten, und auf dem Lande zu keinem Bier mehr Stücke als allein Gersten, Hopfen und Wasser
verwendet und gebraucht werden sollen.

Translation: "In addition, we wish that henceforth everwhere in our cities, markets, and in the country that no beer should use more ingredients than barley, hops and water alone."

Before Pasteur, people assumed that God made beer from the Barley mash,

This is a big reason the Church became so powerful.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
― Benjamin Franklin

We wouldn't be here without Beer.

It's the ultimate conspiracy.

Anyone who hasen't seen this Video should.

Especially Survivalists!

And Historians.

edit on 24/2/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.” ― Benjamin Franklin

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

I have never tasted a beer by this Brewery that I didn't like. I particularly LOVE the Torpedo Extra IPA and of course you can't go wrong with their original Pale Ale.

I will say however that their Heffeweitzen is not my favorite of theirs.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

My favorite beer ( and I normally only drink cider or wine) is Magic Hat's Elder Betty. It is a little hard to find, but I do recommend giving it a try.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

That Self Righteous black IPA is delicious. Stone has quickly become one of my favorite brewing companies. If you like black IPA's I highly recommend trying Firestone's Wookey Jack, a black rye unfiltered IPA.

To the Op, Stone Ruination IPA is currently on the top of my list.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
hefeweizen beer apricot ale

Samuel Adams octoberfest

negro modelo "salt + lime"

had a lot of micro brew but in reality i just tend to pick up what available. I hate buying a 7 dollar beer for it to taste like crap and micro brew does that a lot, there are some great beers Arrogant bastard ect.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My favourite beers so far are:

1. Veltins
2. Krombacher
3. Radeberger

btw. all from Germany (I am from Germany and I really hate American beers), but I have to admit, that Japan has some nice beers too. Yebisu for example

Ahhh and when I was in London, I really liked London Pride
edit on 24-2-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Augustiner fresh from the barrel in Munich, Germany.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm rather partial to Exmoor Stag out of a barrel. Or Bombardier out of a bottle.

I'm also a big fan of Bath Ales at the moment, was on their Gem last night and it still had a fulsome taste even from a plastic pint cup. My judgement could however have been coloured by the fact I was in front of my second favourite band in the world with about 500 other people who loved them as much as me. I Am Kloot, it's impossible to have a bad time when you guys are around.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The absolute best beer I have ever tasted was almost 20 years ago, it was a homebrewed raspberry herb
ale that was incredible. One glass that I will never forget.
Now the accessible favorite is a local made beer, Glacier Brewhouse IPA. They make an excellent Amber Ale as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I am from Germany and I really hate American beers

Have you tried any of the microbrews covered here in this thread, or are you basing your opinion solely off the main exports like Miller and Coors?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I live half a block away from this brewery, all of their beer is amazing... Old Rasputin is probably my favorite, because I like a real dark beer.

www.northcoastbrewing.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Whatever is in the fridge when I get home from work.

I kick off my boots, crack a beer and get on the internet to look up the news of the day. As long as it is cold, bubbly and hoppy, I'm a happy man.

I like Sam Adams, their regular brew. Their Octoberfest brew is delicious as well. Don't care for any of their honey or berry stuff.

As for macro swill, something to drink on the softball field, Coors or Busch. They're cheap and you can drink a lot of them.

*Edit: Except for Blueberry Ale. I can't remember who made it, but after a twelve pack of that nonsense, I thought I was going to die. Blueberries and beer don't belong together.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is the BEST tasting beer I had this winter! It's a Red IPA put out by Highlands Brewing Co.

Info

Awesome thread btw... thanks to all whom replied with their beer, I'm making a "Beer Bucket List" right now!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD
reply to post by aLLeKs

I am from Germany and I really hate American beers

Have you tried any of the microbrews covered here in this thread, or are you basing your opinion solely off the main exports like Miller and Coors?

It's really not a slap at American brewers. Let's face it there have been others doing this longer. As a Canuck, not overly fond of our beers, the Europeans have been brewing since our countries didn't even exist as they are today. Nothing wrong with admitting that a beer is better because it's from a country that has had the same purity laws for 500 years. Think of it. Germany's purity laws came into existence 24 years after Columbus reached our shores.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join