It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best beer you have ever tasted?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You blokes are missing out on the Australian microbrewery scene. There are many crackers like White Rabbit from Heasville and Matso from Broome, amongst nearly countless others..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
You blokes are missing out on the Australian microbrewery scene. There are many crackers like White Rabbit from Heasville and Matso from Broome, amongst nearly countless others..

Thanks for the tip...but...I'm in the USA... How am I going to taste one (or more) of these?
Checked out DaveSpanner's suggestion...and the website gives no "list" of "where to find" their glorious products. Suggests to me that I'm outta luck.
What about your suggestions?
(No need to reply - just marking this thread for future reference!
)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
just had some Blue Moon Valencia Grove Amber...was delicious!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My favourite beer is one from a little known country -- Lithuania. Of course, being of Lithuanian heritage, I 'would' be partial to a beer from this tiny country...... but apparently I'm not alone in liking Svyturys ( translation: Lighthouse ) beer. Svyturys Alaus (Alaus mean beer in Lithuanian) won the gold medal in the Prestigious 2012 World Beer Cup competition in the Dortmunder/European style or Pilsner category..

www.lithuanianbeer.co.uk...

Golden with a brilliant white , frothy head, it's a "live" beer. That is, it's unpasteurized. Perhaps that's what gives it a distinct and eminently drinkable flavour. The second ....and third.... go down as easily as the first. A true beer drinkers beer. And it's not a fluke that it won this competition. Svyturys won the competion, which is held every two years, back in 2001. Check it out if it's available in your area.

It' s currently available in many European countries, Canada and, now, in parts of the US.

edit on 2/24/2013 by benevolent tyrant because: to add bb code

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Spaten is a good dark beer and has been around since the 13th century they must be doing something right.
Also Sierra Nevada Tumbler on Tap
The best is free and cold.

edit on 24-2-2013 by SimpleKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

From your location this might be of some help. Just try them all and have a party

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
From your location this might be of some help. Just try them all and have a party

Sincere Regards!
They look spectacular.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

Hey, I just impulsively bought some today while grocery shopping! Haven't drunk any yet, but I'll toast you when I do.

Ok. My best beer is Downtown Brown, from Lost Coast Brewery. They also have a tangerine beer I liked. Maybe that's why I picked up the Blue Moon. Anyway, Downtown Brown is dark and smooth. Not bitter.

Love their labels.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I dont know if that brands sold in Australia, if it is i will try it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

It' s currently available in many European countries, Canada and, now, in parts of the US.

Happen to know where in the US offhand?

Is Pilsner your favourite type?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If its beer your talking about Bombadier (i think thats right) is quite nice but im not really a beer drinker. a nice ice cold pint of tennents is good on a hot day (not very often in scoland, and thats a lager anyways)

to tell you the truth though, I'm more of a guiness man. And talking about stouts, theres a good scottish one called Belhaven Black. ever get the chance give it a try

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Pliny The Elder IPA by Russian River Brewing. Brewed in very small batches with very limited distribution. It is the holy grail of beer.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Guinness. Don't hate. It's the best! Though I seem to have become totally immune to it a couple of decades ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
two hearted ale

made in Michigan- 'The Great Beer State'

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I can recommend Punk IPA

Other beer is never quite the same afterwards...

Punk IPA

Here's the shortest review I could find.

He doesn't say it, but you can see in his face that it explodes with flavour,

He's never had a beer so good.

reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

Spaten is a good dark beer and has been around since the 13th century they must be doing something right.

Spaten is crap.

It is owned by In bev.

That's Anheuser-busch, or Budweiser.

It's not dark, it's a "helles" or "Lager" and a pretty tasteless one at that.

From all the beers from the Greatest beer-city in the world, you had to pick the one that the locals try to avoid.

Try this one.

Augustiner Brau.

Wiki

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Leinenkugel's Lemon-Berry Shandy.

Hands down.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
camerons ruby red is the best beer ive tasted

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Immune? It just means you are not drinking enough of it!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I prefer European beers. It has to have a body and solid flavor. Warka from Poland is good but my fav. is Bavaria 8.6 It's a Dutch beer. Be careful though. It has 8% alcohol. They kick.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't know that I have a favorite beer, I like a lot of them. I'm lucky enough to live in this little pocket of Colorado where we have a lot of microbreweries. I'm a little bit spoiled with the variety of good beers we have, yet some things still come down to having a nostalgic connection to a specific beer/memory. Corona for example is really sort of a crap beer, but there is nothing quite like a cold corona with lime when you are out on a Mexican beach.

When I am home however I am a big fan of this one red ale, but I can't think of the name off hand. I'm not a big fan of super hoppy beers. Left hand sawtooth, new belgium sunshine wheat, hoegaarden is decent.. I'd have to be at the LQ looking at all the different microbrews to remember which ones I love.

I find myself annoyed whenever we travel to different places and no one has much variety in their beer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join