It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best beer you have ever tasted?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
5 min ago I just cracked open the best beer I have ever tasted. I have drunk a wide verity of beer's, but this beer is like no others. Full, rich, but not to rich with a fruity flavor and a nice light bitter after bite. Who would have thought I would find such a delicious beer at wallmart.
If you ever come across this beer you have to try it.

Lost Gold IPA by real Ale Brewing Company

I dont know much about beer, I only know what I like. The first beer's I tasted wear more "mainstream" and I only drank them because they got me drunk. Beers such as Dos equis, bud light,budwiser, corona, nasty light, keystone, lone star ect.... I do not understand why people drink them(other then the advertizing) when their are others that focus on quality rather then quantity, they are only a dollar or two more.
What the best beer you have tried?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
PBR by far!
2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The best beer I ever tasted was FREE beer.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Not had their IPA, but if you like IPA's You'd love Rush River Imperial IPA. aka Double Bubble. Vary strong IPA. Vary Hopped up too. one of my favorites for IIPA's. Its unfiltered and Unpasteurized as well. so availability other than the upper midwest is more likely a no go.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
An old recipe by bavarian monks by a well established German brewery is 'Paulaner Salvator'. This is the best I have tasted. Its a double bock with 18 percent alcohol content, which is probably too strong for most. If you are looking for flavor, the alcohol content is a contributing factor.

Another highly rated beer is 'Arrogant Bastard Ale'. This one also has a high alcohol content. I haven't tried it but may in the future.
edit on 23-2-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
For me it was the Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier. A few years ago on a whim I bought a giant can of it that came with a large mug and it was utterly delicious! Quite unfortunately you can't get it here year round

link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

The best beer I've had recently was made by sierra nevada brewing, I think it was called Estate brew or something like that. Organic and you could only get it in the big bottles. It It was definitely in the top five.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Quauhtli because: (no reason given)

link   
Rocking!

I love beer
I am even co-founder of an Internet startup related to beer! ^_^ (and wine & spirits)

Well my favourites change fairly often. Right now I am partial to extra IPAs. Here are some current faves:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You should try true trappiste beers... Like St. Bernardus ABT 12

Now we are talking..

www.thirstyinseattle.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Best beer I've ever had was a Belgium once called Chimay.

It was like velvet. Silky smooth, absolutely delicious taste, like ice cream beer. And not in a sickly way where you have 2 and then can't stomach it any more. Had the distinct bitter after taste and the full bodied flavour that made me realise how beer should be.

I then migrated to a full bodied stout. Something like swan stout or coopers best stout. Swan stout was like a BBQ in your mouth, smokey flavour, meat, sausages, and a very strong bitter after taste that made you instantly swig another mouthful to get rid of the taste.

These piss-weak (pun intended) beers that foam up and if left to stand the foam turns hard, are lolly water made for mass production to yuppies that drink anything with a wegde of lemon stuck in the side.

If I can't get a good full bodied beer (that has texture damn it!) then I'll go get a scrumpy jack. Cider with flavour and bight.

You know I'd actually forgive myself if I had one of those belgium chimays now... they were so expensive for singles they limit themselves by the cost. But at 9% alc/vol you only needed about 12 or so...

www.internationalbeershop.com.au...

ahh sobriety. only when you are here do I remember the times good beer was indeed good.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Best beer I've ever had was a Belgium once called Chimay.

Aye. People love this one around here. My brother especially. I don't myself
For some reason the Belgium style doesn't generally agree with me. No disrespect to Belgium beer, obviously many beer drinkers hold them in high esteem!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Grolsch

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hard question to answer. So many good beers, so many types.

If I were to choose one ... which would it be?

Really, theater are two categories:

- daily or regular beer;
- occasional beer.

In the occasional category, I'd probably choose a Belgian sour ale that I've had at a local pub. it is a naturally fermented ale. They pretty much just leave the mash in a big vat and let it ferment with airborne yeasts. Easily the most complex beer I've ever tasted. Started off very intimidating, but became very exciting quite quickly. As complex as a very good single malt scotch.

In the category of regular drinkers, that's a hard one. I move around a lot. Would have to think on that. Would probably need to go back and test a lot of different beers again before making a decision.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I had a buddy
he was a brewmeister
for rock bottom

He had an IPA recipe
that required a dry hopping process
Man this stuff was tasty
a real teeth cleaner ....

needless to say
I spent the night
on the neighbors lawn

there is some hoppy stuff I drink
when in colo .... Modus Hoperandi
love the Hops

Ska Brewing

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Anything made in Canada by a micro brewry!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This Belgian chocolate beer is the best thing I've ever tasted.
It can only be improved by a Bacon appetiser

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Brother in law had a beer house, he had 72 on tap. The best beer that I had (including over seas). Is hand's down a product of Canada, Labatt's Blue.
edit on 23-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The next one...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Number 1, Trois Pistoles (Unibroue, Chambly Quebec)
Number 2, Black Butte Porter (Deschutes, Portland OR)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The last one I ever had before I stopped drinking

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join