It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Back around the time Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows was going to be released, I saw on the news the author had been hacked and rumors that the manuscript had been stolen were going around. I got on Limewire hoping to find it. And I did. Or so I thought I did. The writing was a little off but it still fit for the most part. Things were a little bit more mature but that was to be expected from a book about a growing young man.

Then the part came that revealed beyond question this was not the actual book.

"In his mind Harry knew kissing Ginny would piss Ron off. But he didn't care. If anything, it made it better."

I still have this pdf somewhere. And I think I want to finish reading it for a good laugh.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I read this in school -- donkey ages ago -- and it seems just as fresh today. The Mote in God's Eye

Wonderful sci-fi exploratory of the interaction between humans and their first encounter of "others". Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi.

Set in the future where a resource economy based on food production (calories) has taken over. Bio-terrorism has become a tool for corporate profits and the threat of post-human evolution challenges human-kind.

About half way through this book and it is absolutely AWESOME. If you like William Gibson (virtual light, neuromancer) then I this should absolutely be on your list.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm reading The Blind by Shelley Coriell.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The Emperor's New Mind by Roger Penrose

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm currently reading Louise Cooper's Star Ascendant.

One of my favourite books when I was a teenager and the reason I write today!
Thought I'd re-visit it to remember the love and wonder I felt when I first read it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just finished up the Outlander series and eagerly awaiting book 9's release. They are fantastic reads, a bit of a commitment as each book is around 1000 pages.

Currently reading The Forever Queen by Helen Hollick which is book 1 of The Saxon Series. It's about Emma of Normandy who was Queen of England twice, married first to Æthelred the Unready and secondly to Cnut the Great. So far so good!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've just started reading Finders Keepers by Stephen King.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Currently I am reading Prince Lestat by Anne Rice

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Really wish it was the Winds of Winter by the man, the myth, the legend (GRRM) that I just opened up and started reading.

Since that one is delayed, it's Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution that's today's read. Her books are pretty easy reads, should finish today or tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've just started reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling.

CX

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
About to start "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs, the first of three books by this author...

www.amazon.co.uk...

CX.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I came across a wonderful collection of short stories, Dancing After Hours by Andre Dubus. His characters are rich, almost startling in their soul-bearing portrayals. This book easily graces my top fifty favorites.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm reading Carrying Albert Home by Homer Hickam.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonna

I was able to read The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde yesterday while watching the game. It was a wonderfully relaxing day. The book is good. Like so many other Victorian novels it exposes raw humanity, from the unrestricted viewpoint of society's elite class. It serves to remind that those with unrestricted resources are more apt to push life's boundaries in ways unimaginable.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonna

I was able to read The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde yesterday while watching the game. It was a wonderfully relaxing day. The book is good. Like so many other Victorian novels it exposes raw humanity, from the unrestricted viewpoint of society's elite class. It serves to remind that those with unrestricted resources are more apt to push life's boundaries in ways unimaginable.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm reading Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

The prequel to "To Kill A Mockingbird"!

Enjoy...

If you've read TKM, you may recognize some of the characters!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Bram Stoker's Dracula.
wonderful book.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I've read 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. One of my favorite book.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join