It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm reading Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

Good book! There's a sequel to that called Son of Rosemary. You'd also enjoy The Stepford Wives by the same author.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just started Simon Green's "Deathstalker" series. 8 books, and I just finished the first, so I have some reading to do!

I really liked his other series, "Nightside" and one about Paranormal investigators, and so far, this one is pretty good too.

Think space opera, with some humor and social commentary, and VERY colorful characters.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I really liked the book and plan on reading The Stepford Wives. I'll have to read Son of Rosemary too.

I've just started reading Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just started the first book in the Tales of Dunk and Egg series, by George R. R. Martin. Same world of a Song of Ice and Fire, but takes place prior to Game of Thrones.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've just started reading Let the Old Dreams Die by John Ajvide Lindqvist.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Just started Simon Green's "Deathstalker" series. 8 books, and I just finished the first, so I have some reading to do!

I really liked his other series, "Nightside" and one about Paranormal investigators, and so far, this one is pretty good too.

Think space opera, with some humor and social commentary, and VERY colorful characters.

I think I have read everything Simon R Green has written. My favorite is the Nightside series followed by the Deathstalker series. The only series of his I did not like. Was the one about the people who hunt ghosts. I think it is called the Ghost Finder Series. His stand alone books, Drinking Midnight Wine and Shadows Fall, are also good.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Right now I am working my way through all of Brian Keene's books. He is a horror writer. I read one of his short stories and really liked it. All his books and short stories are somewhat interconnected. He is trying to create a grand mythos centered around what he calls the Labyrinth, which is a sort of pathways between all worlds kind of thing. Also the war between the Thirteen, a group of malevolent creatures, and the Creator of this universe. The Thirteen are at war with the Creator because they are the sole survivors of the universe before this one. That the creator destroyed to create this one.

So far I have read all three books of the Rising series. Which are about intelligent zombies.

Darkness on the edge of town. Which is about a town that gets surrounded by pure darkness.

Tequila sunrise. Which is sort of an Aztec fable about the origins of Tequila.

Dead sea. Which is about the mindless kind of zombies.

Castaways. Which is about a Survivor like reality show, that is filming on an island inhabited by savage creatures.

An Occurrence in Crazy Bear Valley. Which is about some old west outlaws fighting a group of big foots.

Tonight I will finish Entombed. Which takes place in the same setting as dead sea but is not really about zombies. It is about the break down of a group of people hidden in a bunker during a zombie apocalypse.

Next I am going to read. The Earthworm Gods series. Which is about a world where one day it starts raining and never stops.
edit on 5-6-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm reading From A Buick 8 by Stephen King.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Lord valentine's castle by Robert Silverberg.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm reading Joyland by Stephen King.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

Is it any good? I saw it on his website and it sounded like it was.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm 50 pages in. It's really good so far.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Currently? Trying to read people - face to face.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Have just read 'The Bone Clocks' by David Mitchell and it really is an absolutely amazing book.

www.themanbookerprize.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've just started reading A Simple Plan by Scott Smith.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A Feast for Crows, George R. R. Martin
Impaler, Kate Paulk
Mission to Mars, Buzz Aldrin

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The_Truth_Seeker
I'm reading Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin.

One of my favorites. Good to find people who read books instead of just settling for the movies/shows.

On an unrelated subject, I dig your avatar.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Battle of Leyte Gulf, by Edwin P. Hoyt. Interesting debacle caused by improper allocation of US forces in 1944, and Japan's masterful use of deception. Proved that carriers COULD be attacked by surface ships, if the Enemy takes their eye off the 8 ball by means of overconfidence..

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join