It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey. Fourth time I've read it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm reading A Pleasure to Burn by Ray Bradbury.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Armada by Ernest Cline. Her wrote Ready Player One which was awesome and Speilberg has signed on to make the movie.

Armada is a bit like The Last Starfighter. I'm about a third of the way through it and it's great.

If you like video games, aliens and 80's references, both of his books will be right up your alley.

armadabook.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just picked up and started reading earlier today IQ84, by Haruki Murakami.

Seems alright so far. I read Kafka On The Shore last semester and found it a very interesting read. I liked his style of writing enough to try another, it is over 900 pages though...that is a bit intimidating.

Anybody else read it? what did you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Reading...not so much recently. Writing: close to finishing a fantasy book of 31 chapters....

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greywolf13A

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm reading The Switch by Elmore Leonard.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just finished reading "Under the Dome" by Stephen King and just started re-reading "Phantoms" by Dean Koontz.

I gotta say, I enjoy watching the Under the Dome TV series, but they have strayed way too far from what would have been a great 2-3 hour movie by just sticking with the source material.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Reading (well listening to the audio book) of 'Ready Player One'

Highly recommend.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
Armada by Ernest Cline. Her wrote Ready Player One which was awesome and Speilberg has signed on to make the movie.

Armada is a bit like The Last Starfighter. I'm about a third of the way through it and it's great.

If you like video games, aliens and 80's references, both of his books will be right up your alley.

armadabook.com...

I can't figure out it Cline actually wrote both, because RPO is so much better. Infinitely better.

It turns out he sold the movie rights to Armada before he finished the book, which is why it reads like a screenplay instead of a novel.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I couldn't put Under the Dome down when I first got it. I read it four times straight. I was excited when I heard about the series. That quickly soured when I watched it. I won't watch it. It was the same way with Bag of Bones. I couldn't get through episode one without shutting it off in disgust.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

That's one of my favorite authors. Have you read Bandits?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Living With The Dead (I'm currently on the fourth book of the series) by Joshua Guess.

Zombie series (obviously), but very interesting. These books touch themes such as survival, community and morality.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

No, haven't read that one yet. One I want to read though.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

You'll enjoy it. When I got it I was thinking of the movie of the same name, starring Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton. Nope. Not related in any way but still a good one.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone!!!!

I'm reading "The Lucifer Effect : Understanding How Good People Turn Evil". By: Philip Zimbardo.

It's about the Stanford Prison Experiment that took place at Stanford University in the 70's. And you would think it would be all clinical and complicated, but its not. It's written very well, so that a non-scientist like myself can understand. It's interesting what happened during the experiment. And I'm at the part where they're correlating what they learned through the experiment, also very compelling.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JediMaster

I tried and am sporadically still trying to read Dune. I'm having such a hard time getting through it. I hate all the made up words and having to slow down every few minutes utes to sound them out!!!! Lol. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NaughtyLibrarian
a reply to: JediMaster

I tried and am sporadically still trying to read Dune. I'm having such a hard time getting through it. I hate all the made up words and having to slow down every few minutes utes to sound them out!!!! Lol. What do you think?

I think the author's aim was for you to reflect in such a way as to get deeper and deeper involved in the whole scheme of things. It was a plot. LOL

Also, I wanted to add a comment about Margaret Atwood's "Stone Mattress" that I read recently. Now I've been reading her works since the 70's and this book just does not come across as her work, I think perhaps Graeme Gibson had a part in that book.
edit on 21-8-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Ha-ha! I think your right!!! Well I have this weird feeling of obligation to finish it... It's a classic. So I'm gonna keep plugging away a chapter at a time here and there!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through I, Robot and I had a question about the whole Foundation series. After looking at a few websites and reading about different reading orders, I wanted to get ATS's opinion.

Some suggest chronological order in the universe and others say the order Asimov wrote them in. What do you guys think?

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join