It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NaughtyLibrarian
Is it any better? I've got most of the series but haven't read them yet. I guess I've been putting it off.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am reading The Running Man by Stephen King.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Read the first four Jeremy's Run books, by G.F. Gustav. Hated them with a burning passion. Please, don't waste your time on that crap.

Now I've begun Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. I must've read about thirty pages? But so far, I like it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm reading Son of Rosemary by Ira Levin.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

Now I've begun Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. I must've read about thirty pages? But so far, I like it.

That's a brilliant book

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just finished "1984" and have started "Animal Farm".

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hey all!

I'm currently reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.

It has to deal with secret societies and symbolism, and apparently a "lost symbol". Please sense my humor.

I haven't read that much of the book yet due to the fact that I have been trying to catch up on school work.

If anyone else has read it and have any reviews they would like to share with me, I will gladly except.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, I easily get distracted so I don't know when can I finish it and give a personal review.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm reading The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I recently finished What Is The What by Dave Eggers. and can certainly recommend the read.

Tom

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Rare is the day when I put out full price for a book. I'm an enthusiastic used book buyer, and never miss the local annual charity book sale where I buy by the box full. However, last month I bit the bullet and purchased Girl In The Woods by Aspen Matis. (Aspen being her newly chosen pen name). It came highly recommended by Cheryl Strayed who wrote the book WILD and inspired the subsequent movie starring Reese Witherspoon. I loved WILD, though I hated the movie. So due to Cheryl's rave review ,and after reading the brief synopsis of the book...I decided to purchase it brand new. Big mistake...HUGE.
I'm struggling to finish it...basically because I cannot wrap my head around who the author is, and who she is pretending to be. The story is supposedly written as a memoir, but has so many inconsistencies, I completely lack the empathy for the author that she is obviously seeking.

Girl in the Woods is Aspen Matis's exhilarating true-life adventure of hiking from Mexico to Canada—a coming of age story, a survival story, and a triumphant story of overcoming emotional devastation. On her second night of college, Aspen was raped by a fellow student. Overprotected by her parents who discouraged her from telling of the attack, Aspen was confused and ashamed. Dealing with a problem that has sadly become all too common on college campuses around the country, she stumbled through her first semester—a challenging time made even harder by the coldness of her college's "conflict mediation" process. Her desperation growing, she made a bold decision: She would seek healing in the freedom of the wild, on the 2,650-mile Pacific Crest Trail leading from Mexico to Canada.

She makes herself out to be the poor little misunderstood rich girl, who goes off to college unprepared to be on her own, yet in the first few chapters tells of many adventures hiking the PCT on her own. She claims she was raped, but admits she did nothing to stop the man , and only regretted the incident afterwards. She speaks of many poor decisions she makes in life, but blames her parents for babying her, then blames them again when she claims to make mature decisions that fall through unsupported. It seems to me the author simply idolized Cheryl Strayed and due to hiking the PCT herself seized an opportunity to write an experience, albeit a fanciful one, with the help of her well to do lawyer parents. It seems at last, they helped her succeed at something...even if it is a fictitious memoir. If tempted...don't waste your money on this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just finished a household classic: The Old Man and the Sea.

And what caught me out once more is how magnificent a storyteller Hemingway is.

I posted a review here: intersectiondiaries.com...

Tom

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
'The Girl with All the Gifts' by M.R. Carey - it's very, very good.

link

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've just started reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
At the moment, I'm currently rereading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Brilliant novelist. I rank him right up there with Salman Rushdie and Carlos Ruiz.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
World War Z by Max Brooks.

I'm torn, to be honest. It's an interesting book, but there is no main character, which leads to no character development. I'm also getting a bit bored by the military POVs, since they all tell pretty much the same story.

Still, it manages to be fascinating. I just wish we could follow the stories for a bit longer and cut some of the WAY too similar ones.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Newsflash series, by Mira Grant.

I finished Feed (#1) yesterday, am still reading Deadline (#2).

AMAZING book. It's about zombies, but it's very political, with some conspiracies here and there. I definitely recommend it to anybody who's into zombies and political conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Re-reading It by Stephen King since I heard they are going to be releasing a 2 part movie sometime in the future plus I haven't read it in forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join