It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

Thanks for the insightful post. A lot of good information to assimilate so far throughout the thread.

I have to agree with some of the previous posters about burning more easily in the sun yet it being colder. I also find the glare off the sun affecting me more.

As for the weather, well, I dont think anyone will dissagree that it has taken on a life of its own.
Where I live we have had in winter the last two years, months of snow over a foot deep! I do not remember us having weather like that EVER, let alone two consecutive years.

I'll be watching this one.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by destro423

You know what, I'll surely agree with you, the sun is bright enough to look white, no doubt about it. In fact my eyes are adjusting from just looking out the window at it. Where we differ is in you thinking it was once yellow, that's the nostalgia effect.

When you were a kid the sun was yellow, the sky was bluer and ice cream tasted better. Then you grew up, you started paying bills, had responsibility, and got scared of tomorrow. You needed something to look back on, so your brain made you think those things about your childhood. That's perfectly normal and how the mind works.

I remember fondly being a kid, running around on holiday on the French coast, that was still the same sun, but I was happier. I didn't have a care in the world back then, except what the little French girls on the beach were saying in that language I barely understood about the little British kid playing in the sand.

Those were good times, and I know I'm remembering them to be even better than they really were. That's why we all wish we could live back in our youth, before we got old, before we got scared. That's nostalgia, and if everyone else agrees with you, it's because everyone else is remembering their childhood better too.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i am 22, i have definitely noticed that the sun has got a lot brighter since i can remember, if i look at it now, its so painful and blinding, sometimes i cant even look near it. i guess it could be my eyes, but i ask other people and they agree. and many here seem to as well. not much we can do though but this is definitely interesting

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pr0phet666
First off I am 18, so I don't see any change, yet I couldn't get sunburned so easily when I was younger, and now before a month I was on camping, whole day I was on sun and I really got sunburned.

Now, my question is, are maybe ozon holes fault of sun color change and power of sun?

I thought the same, also we have more polution which could make the sun appear a weaker colour

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by destro423

I did't say it's not brighter, I don't know that, my question on all this thread is are maybe ozon holes fault?

oh ok. Yeah its bright! Dont look at it!

Ah, now I have to repeat myself that I did not ask should I watch it and is it bright, im asking is it maybe brighter because of ozone holes? Hope you know what ozone holes are...?

To answer your question no I dont see that having an effect. There has been holes in the ozone layer since the 80s yet no one ever reported white patches.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

First off I am 18, so I don't see any change, yet I couldn't get sunburned so easily when I was younger, and now before a month I was on camping, whole day I was on sun and I really got sunburned.

Now, my question is, are maybe ozon holes fault of sun color change and power of sun?

I thought the same, also we have more polution which could make the sun appear a weaker colour

Finnaly someone knows what i'm talking about, now I watched on internet other name is ozone depletion, I translated it from my language to holes...
en.wikipedia.org...

link   
I am NOT a troll. Its just my opinion that you all are sheeple. You really think that the light is different?

Maybe I just dont get it. No offense. Ive read this thread twice, and Im still scratching my head....

link   

Originally posted by dallas18
i am 22, i have definitely noticed that the sun has got a lot brighter since i can remember, if i look at it now, its so painful and blinding, sometimes i cant even look near it. i guess it could be my eyes, but i ask other people and they agree. and many here seem to as well. not much we can do though but this is definitely interesting

Thats what I am saying...used to you could at least look up and locate it in the sky and then IF you really wanted to yeah you could look at it a second then look off. You cant even look NEAR it now without serious squinting and pain.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
I am NOT a troll. Its just my opinion that you all are sheeple. You really think that the light is different?

Maybe I just dont get it. No offense. Ive read this thread twice, and Im still scratching my head....

No no no I didnt say that! I said something else is up there in the general direction shining light this way adding light to whatever was there hence its brighter.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Well holes in 70's were not so big like now.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Just a thought here...

I'm almost 40 y/old and 'remember' the colors being different when I was young. And maybe it has something to do with nostalgia in combination with a lousy memory.

But I wonder, for those that are about the same age, didnt't we also grow up with these warm colors in magazines, tv shows etc? I mean, when I bought my first digital SLR camera the first thing I wanted is to get that 70's look on my photo's: warm yellowish colors, like the Wizard of Oz had, like old Disney movies had, like most shows I saw on TV and in theatres had, and like most of my youth pictures still have.

I do not doubt that it has become brighter/whiter, but maybe we're not that good at remembering colors as some of us might think.

Just a thought.

edit on 10-5-2011 by snewpers because: typo

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

This is true......but shouldnt there be lots of scattered reports of "white" sun throughout the decades? Much like the UFO stories we have today. Just sayin

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm 47 and I used to be able to look at the sun when I was younger, but now I can't even look at it with sunglasses, it is way too bright. Also, on cloudless days, the sun's heat on my skin can be very uncomfortable.

I don't know what to make of it, but just yesterday driving to work, I looked at the sun, while at a stop light, but couldn't even focus on it, because it was too painful, and I was wearing dark sunglasses.

Strange that I noticed something, and then I find this post.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
Just a thought here...

I'm almost 40 y/old and 'remember' the colors being different when I was young. And maybe it has something to do with nostalgia in combination with a lousy memory.

But I wonder, for those that are about the same age, didnt't we also grow up with these warm colors in magazines, tv shows etc? I mean, when I bought my first digital SLR camera the first thing I wanted is to get is that 70's look on my photo's: warm yellowish colors, like the Wizard of Oz had, like old Disney movies had, like most shows I saw on TV and in theatres had, and like most of my youth pictures.

I do not doubt that it has become brighter/whiter, but maybe we're not that good at remembering colors as some of us might think.

Just a thought.

I totally understand and get what your saying. And know full well the effects of how the memory distorts items of childhood to usually seem "better" in some way than they actually were. But you said it yourself. Why did we have yellow sun in tvs and movies as a kid? Why not a white sun? Superman??? Sent to earth by his father jor-el from his dying world krypton which orbited a red giant but on the EARTH under a YELLOW sun he would have Super abilities..Guess you didnt read comics or watch the movies but you see where I am going with this..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

here in Bulgaria I noticed that sunset is recently yellow - white while it used to be red before!
Its rudiciluios - syn is at horizon but the color is as its high in the sky.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
I'm 47 and I used to be able to look at the sun when I was younger, but now I can't even look at it with sunglasses, it is way too bright. Also, on cloudless days, the sun's heat on my skin can be very uncomfortable.

I don't know what to make of it, but just yesterday driving to work, I looked at the sun, while at a stop light, but couldn't even focus on it, because it was too painful, and I was wearing dark sunglasses.

Strange that I noticed something, and then I find this post.

Its good to hear from others that remember the time it was different.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by destro423

This is true......but shouldnt there be lots of scattered reports of "white" sun throughout the decades? Much like the UFO stories we have today. Just sayin

First off sun and ufo are 2 different things, ozone holes are getting bigger, but slowly, so you don't see change so easy. And if you see ufo it's same as you see a car, it's not changing or anything.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sorry I didn't read comics and I don't like that kind of movies

You partialy missed my point: the way things were recorded or reproduced back then was influenced by the film used and the processing techniques, Old Elvis movies had the same warm tone as The Wiz, something we don't see anymore due to different techniques. Yet those warm colors - to me at least - are appealing to look at. My son thinks differently and says it looks just old.

What I tried to say was that we might not recall the correct colors and reference to images collected in that era, like an old Elvis Movie or Oz. I'm not sure we can remember colors that well.

I do say that it looks different now, but it might also just be brighter...

edit on 10-5-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
or maybe you've read so many conspiracies over the years you're starting to see/feel things that aren't there...?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a Outer Limits episode
"Music of the Spheres"

Basically, removing the narrative, the plot was about the sun shifting to the ultraviolet...and ya, things went from a golden-ish red tone we are accustom to now, to a sort of annoying white florescent light color.

In the program, some aliens sent a encoded signal to earth, some DJ picked it up and thought it sounded cool, so added it to his music, and the people listening to it transformed..first it looked pretty bad, major skin disorders or whatnot...it was thought to be some crazy dangerous thing until they understood what was going on (basically, we change, or the sun kills us within a few minutes of direct exposure without the change)

Anyhow, perhaps the ops is influenced by seeing that episode years back and it pushing into his subconscious...or perhaps there is something to the story.

I am a late 30 something and in remembering my days as a kid, well...it doesn't matter what I remember, as its all just perception and unless I have had a implant to measure photons or what type and speed of the radiation coming off the sun now and compare them to back then, then my opinion means nothing beyond what I percieved.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join