It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

yup.....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
making conspiracies out of garbage #s the entire movement.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
making conspiracies out of garbage #s the entire movement.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hi

Find this a local Estonian (tiny Northern-Europe state) news, hope Y can translate.google this, but i give short resume (srry my laughable and poor english):

Title:
Winter sun burns junipers thorns brown

Text:
In Saaremaa (biggest island here) many of the junipers has become brown. This is convicted because of sunlight, which during with a long winter time has reflecting on snow and cause major burns.

Estonian Environment Agency official confirmed that the problem needs to be massive, because a lots of locals are pretty much calling their office.

Original article:
www.delfi.ee...

Needless to say, that sort of sunburns on conifers never happen there before (or as such a thing ever happening somewhere?).

This year's winter here was extreme and long lasting low temperatures + loads of snow which has not been seen about decade.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
without any scientific evidence, my theory is that things in universe are changing measured on a different timescale then humans timescale and in discreete hops, and we are just witnesses of their continual effects, as far as we can see...i am sure time is factor we understand the least and for SUN we are looking at , there is whole other reality going on there with gigantic space/time loop its creating arround itself, time is there on a different scale i am sure...but thats just my instinct and hunch

we will witness in our near future some changes we are yet to explain

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The big beautiful sun is still golden yellow... Just not here...

I do not know whether the sun is changing in composition or function, but I can tell you the sunlight is still golden yellow like when we were kids. Just not here. I make many trips to China on business, where the sun is still yellow, sometimes orange. Remember orange sun? I do. Growing up in So.California.

SMOG

The air pollution of our youth is gone (here in the US). So yes, the sun looks and feels hotter/ brighter/ whiter, but it always has been. The sun is still the same hot burning white orb when i visit the deserts, just as it was when I was I kid, or up in the mountains above the smog layer. Does anyonre remember SMOG days when we could not go outside and school was cancelled? Yellow Sun. Look at color photographs in old magazines; yellow sun. Easy answer.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It is interesting how deceptive memory can be. Try this: find a recording of one note on the web (perfect C is a good note) listen to it and remember it. Now go about your day and come back a few hours later or the next day and hum that note (without listening to original again) while recording on your computer. Compare the original note and the note you hummed, only a very small percentage of people can get that right. So small a number that people that can remember notes are thought to have a special gift called "perfect pitch" in the music industry. I think of remembering the sunlight colour frequencies from 30+ years ago as at least as hard as the note and probably a lot harder.

Yep funny thing the human memory..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, i'm not very informed on the subject, it's something i'll have to look in to more.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaywoo
The big beautiful sun is still golden yellow... Just not here...

I do not know whether the sun is changing in composition or function, but I can tell you the sunlight is still golden yellow like when we were kids. Just not here. I make many trips to China on business, where the sun is still yellow, sometimes orange. Remember orange sun? I do. Growing up in So.California.

SMOG

The air pollution of our youth is gone (here in the US). So yes, the sun looks and feels hotter/ brighter/ whiter, but it always has been. The sun is still the same hot burning white orb when i visit the deserts, just as it was when I was I kid, or up in the mountains above the smog layer. Does anyonre remember SMOG days when we could not go outside and school was cancelled? Yellow Sun. Look at color photographs in old magazines; yellow sun. Easy answer.

This could easily explain it.

For me, at least, there is NO doubt that the colour temperature of the light is different now than when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's. Given that we're probably not seeing such rapid changes in the sun, which would play out over millions of years and not decades, this is the only answer that makes sense. And yes - I realize that this thread is rather old, but here I am in 2012, baking in the 80 degree MARCH heat (!!!) and wondering what the hell is going on with the white light from the sun... Fascinating world we live in.

I guess I'll just have to wear yellow tinted glasses

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

The Sun isn't getting "stronger".

Back in 1981, when I was 9, my family and I went to Hawaii, my parents let me play outside in the sun for about 1.5 hours, without any sunblock. I got sunburned so badly that I had to lay on my stomach at night after my mom rubbed aloe gel on my back. I eventually got blisters and permanent freckles from the burn event. I will probably get skin cancer because of it.

So...Sun isn't getting stronger - strong as it's always been.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by darrman

i remember more snow
i remember the snow drifts as high as my parents, but now they arn't even as high as me
i rememebr the weather being even, threw out the year, without 9.0+ earthquakes, hurricane seasons that wernt only best decried as a freak of nature
predictable changes
i remember everything being the same year in year out, its changing FAST

wake up

Here in Vermont we had the mildest winter I can remember in ca. 9 years we've lived here. No being dumped on by 3-4 feet of snow like we usually do, super-warm days -- just last week we were in the upper 70s and 80s -- and all my spring bulbs are already out and blooming. This is absolutely unheard of.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser
reply to post by Tayesin

I'm only 21, so I don't have any memories of the sun before the early 90's really. However I still enjoy sitting in the sun, and I can stare directly at the sun , at high noon, to no ill effect.

Wow you must have special eyes

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

well im not sure if many of you are aware of this but the REAL color of the sun is...actually WHITE...

the only reason the sun appears to be yellow is because of the same process that causes the sky to appear blue...something with light being distorted or sun rays being bent a certain way that causes the ILLUSION that the sun is yellow/orange..

ladies and gentlemen .... our sun is actually WHITE HOT... ill see if i get the link for this information later

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join