It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This thread reminds me: In the movie '2010' the sequel to '2001 A Space Odyssey' (Actor) Roy Scheider is up in space with the female Russian cosmonaut. Roy's boss down on earth is telling him the US and Russia are gearing up for a confrontation, and all US Ambassadors were being recalled.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Since the meeting is today, the original thread deserves new life. www.abovetopsecret.com...

What hits me as very strange is there has not been a peep by anyone on the Right, politicians or pundits about this and they usually will find a way to call any trip by Obama overseas a scandalous waste (remember the India trip or the trip by Michelle Obama to Spain?). Here we have 250+ ambassadors and presumably their key staff ALL flying back to DC on short notice and not a peep about waste? Not a peep about poor, short term planning driving up meeting costs, whatever? This is a big red flag for me because it says even the Right does not want to draw attention to this. Not a peep from FOX. Nothing from Limbaugh or Palin. What could be so big even they'd pass up an opportunity to make political hay. Heck, this is a chance to scewer BOTH Obama and Clinton in one fell swoop and they are not taking shots??!! Keep an eye on the movements of the rich and powerful these next few weeks.
edit on 7-2-2011 by pajoly because: typo

edit on 7-2-2011 by pajoly because: added emphasis

edit on 7-2-2011 by pajoly because: typo

Very well said. I wonder what exactly there are talking about? Perhaps Suez Canal? Or something else? All of this in the same week as the AJ DB PS thing is very weird.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
According to this article, Hilary wants to meet them in person. A personable and warm fuzzy thing from the PTB. (And to grumble about the blonde geek.)

www.abc24.com...

"Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along. ......"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I don't like this one bit. I have a really bad feeling about this. All these ambassadors being called to the State Dept., an unscheduled meeting between Obama and Canada's PM, and I still think that we somehow had a hand in the Egyptian uprisings. Egypt is a key ally, why would Obama call Mubarak and ask him to step down? Maybe to get him safely into some bunker. Too many questions would have been asked had Mubarak just "vanished". Now, he can hide away in some bunker and it's no questions asked. The whole damn thing stinks of conspiracy if you ask me. As someone already mentioned, watch the movements of the rich and powerful in the coming weeks. That will be the key that the sh*t is about to hit the fan.

Iam, I'm using your post and to add:
I really don't think so because they don't need every ambassador to deal with one country, just the ambassador of that country. With that said...
This could also be the pole shift bug out, and the ambassador's new job assignment of getting the US elite to the D.U.M.B.s in our countries and the other elite in their countries.
It's on. Sorry everyone.
edit on 7-2-2011 by DaWhiz because: Add don't need every ambassador....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
One thing that bothers me: this thread in ATS is never ascending, even as we all put comments on it. But dumber or more mundane ones shoot strait to the highly visible top, soon as one person puts his comment. As the old saying goes, "Out-of-sight-out-of mind"......

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Absolutely. What is frightening them into silence? It could be the best evidence yet that politics is all smoke and mirrors distracting us from the truth. Since when does one side miss a shot at discrediting the other? Its all too suspicious.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It better be something big or this is just another big waste of taxpayers money. Seriously though this doesn't feel right at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
could it be that this is just not true? i dont find a good source. Only godlike p and all that stuff..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.google.com...

link to associated press article on the subject that im almost certain i got from the top of this thread.......

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
could it be that this is just not true? i dont find a good source. Only godlike p and all that stuff..

Politico Source
Huffington Post Source
Associated Press Source

I can get more sources if you want. This is a real thing, and not just wacky conspiracy. This is unprecedented. Now, of course, with what has happened in the last few months, I'm not entirely shocked, but this is real.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I found the official site concerning this conference.

Its here :

www.state.gov...

The First Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR): Leading Through Civilian Power

The QDDR provides a blueprint for elevating American "civilian power" to better advance our national interests and to be a better partner to the U.S. military. Leading through civilian power means directing and coordinating the resources of all America's civilian agencies to prevent and resolve conflicts; help countries lift themselves out of poverty into prosperous, stable, and democratic states; and build global coalitions to address global problems.

FACT SHEET

1. Adapt to the diplomatic landscape of the 21st century by:
 Leading the implementation of global civilian operations overseas by empowering and holding accountable Chiefs of Mission as CEOs of a multi-agency effort
 Reorganizing structurally to meet new challenges: an Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the
Environment and an Undersecretary for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights; a new Bureau for Energy Resources and a Chief Economist; and a proposed Bureau for Counterterrorism
 Engaging beyond the capital and leveraging the technological tools of 21st century statecraft

www.state.gov...

There is more at both links.

So...it looks benign at first glance...but I also have found lots of leads that much effort will be
about Global Healthcare.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Could this pow-wow have anything to do with the possible pole shifts? FEMA ordered enough food stuffs for 7,000,000 people for 14 days. So IS going on? If this does have something to do with the poles shifting, well, someone had better start talking. If not, what else could "they" be up to? Don't think a hit on Iran. Maybe something to do with Obama's giving Russia the numbers to Britain's trident missiles? Egypt?

I for one am tired of their games!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
"Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along. ......"

Really? That's YOUR opinion.

This is the first time they all got called to U.S. together to discuss and review our Global policies?

How many of the diplomats and ambassadors have been on asssignment for how long? Under Who's Presidency?

What are their financial ties to Countries they represent for U.S. and world manufacturers and forgiegn money
in that country? Where's the financial ties to these ambassadors of good will?
(Follow how they GOT the gig...pick a country)
WHY isn't this being broadcast on Public Radio Live?

Since when do our Ambassadors and Hillary get a free plane ticket,all expenses paid..and we have NO say so about what is cover'd in the meetings without representation?

I thought the U.S. State department worked under the White House?

I thought "transperancy" was here.

Something does'nt seem right.
CNBC is busy trashing Sarah Palin,and O Reilly is going for bragging rights about his interview with Obama..

This is a mockery of independent journalism, when we as Americans are fed this bullchiat,while things are going on behind closed doors as usual.

WHAT is the purpose of this meeting? JUST to say hi to everyone? She already announced she isn't running for public office. What a GREAT way to kick off Global Corporate Strategic Partners through the Embassies.

I'm NOT running for office...and everyone from GW Senior through Bill then JR...hang on to your visa's and follow the new partnerships.... I am going beyond the Presidency... I'm a GLOBAL player.. Recognize.

I'm better off telling dumb jokes then putting out my 2 cents on this debauchery. Terrible Leadership here in the U.S. now..

I guess if I can read a transcript of what is being said.....I'll be happy. Right.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Heh, dont read me wrong. I just posted the facts.

I have not offered my opinion yet as I just found the initial "official" Story.

Here is a transcript of Clintons speech that lead to the meeting today.

www.state.gov...

Edit to add, reading more of the FACT SHEET...

it looks like the agenda is Global Health Care,
And Civilian "Capability".

2. Elevate and modernize development to deliver results by:
 Focusing our investments where we
have a comparative advantage: food security, global health, climate change, sustainable economic growth, democracy and governance, and humanitarian assistance—with an emphasis on the rights of women and girls throughout
 Practicing high-impact development by building partnerships with host nations, investing in innovation, and strengthening monitoring and evaluation
Continuing to make USAID the world’s premier development institution; building the necessary technical expertise and organizational structures; immediately transitioning the leadership of Feed the Future, and setting a target to move the Global Health Initiative at the end of FY 2012 if certain benchmarks are met
3. Strengthen civilian capability to prevent and respond to crisis and conflict by:
 Recognizing that civilians are the first line of defense abroad and making conflict prevention and response a core civilian mission

 Building conflict prevention and response capabilities by creating a new Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations at State and strengthening the Office of Transition Initiatives at USAID
 Integrating an effective capability to reform security and justice sectors in fragile states

www.state.gov...
edit on 7-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's gotta be ET Disclosure!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Why not a peep from anyone on the right?

Well, because they are all on the same side.

People don't get it - it isn't about politics anymore, it's about power. While some of you focus on the two party system of the USA, taking one side or the other - you have been duped by the very politicians you support.

They are one in the same... The quicker people accept it, the faster the public will awaken from this mess.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Do you suppose they want everyone home with their families before the pole shift???
edit on 7/2/11 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Since unless we are "in the know" about the real purpose of this meeting I say that we all can only guess. My guess is that it is important. It is not teotwawki because there would be no point. Nothing to be done but keep quite and cover up. I think that the US is going to roll out a new currency. That would be an event worthy of calling in everybody and it would explain why the Rs aren't bitching. It will leak but not as fast as if it were sent electronically or over the phone.

Just guessing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just throwing my two cents in here, and this may have been mentioned, but I have a hunch this meeting concerns Wikileaks somehow. Possibly a "new" way of communicating through cables that will not be intercepted by wannabe whistle-blowers.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This could be it guys... I hope we're wrong about the pole shift , but is everything covincidence? I dont really think it can with all the birds and animals dieing , and FEMA with the 14days food stock.
Lets just hope we are sitting here the 20th of Mars and laughing of this

Either way:
God bless you guys .

edit on 7-2-2011 by Fretz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join