It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wanna take a guess and say i think this is a political plot form the American democrats.

why is the media saying nothing? they don't want the plot to work

why are the republicans not saying anything? they don't want the plot to work

what is the plot? to use the hype in Egypt to advance their political platform that will put them over the top for 2012 elections which should be starting soon.

What is the Seminar called? how to rule under civilian power. right in line with civilians winning power in Egypt (maybe).

I think Obama and Hillary wanted a bigger stir in the media and republican talking heads than they got.

I think the fact that they did something that has never been done before to show off this new agenda, was a big flag that said "LOOK AT US AND WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT" but nobody is talking about it.

Epic Fail, but it will still be brought up in elections mark my words
edit on 12-2-2011 by tom goose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

I fail to understand you reply. Don't try to start mayhem sir.
The only question now 5 day's after the first story is.
Where are All the Ambassadors 260 from 180 countries. Where are they today the 12 Feb 2011.

Stop the Bullcrap fights and realize that it is a normal and very important question.

Many believe that Big things are going on right now sir and this is one Huge one on the Human front.

Peace
edit on 12-2-2011 by bridak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So did the Ambassadors go back to their posts.

I have not heard a thing since the transcripts that were previously posted

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Historically u only call all of your Ambas. home is in time of immanent war.

Sorry if this has been mentioned. Historically speaking as a presedent i mean.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I have found this post to be one of the most interesting posts i've found here so far and after reading all the pages of comments so far i see that it has sparked alot of interest.
I am a uk member and may not be as up-to-date on U.S story's but I have to say that this meeting stinks and the lack of press coverage tells me its not for a quick hi there or a meeting of basic agenda items.
A recall of this many diplomat tells me that something major is about to happen and whatever it maybe you an be sure its not good news.
After looking into the many floods,earthquakes,volcanic eruptions,major storms and strange mass deaths of wildlife tells me that things are changing on a global scale and that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.
Add this recall to the mix you know whatever the reason it has to be a global one.
I will be keeping a close eye on world events esp those items that are kept on the low key.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's been over a week now. Has anyone heard anything about this meeting? Are they all still there, or have they gone back to their posts?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ToppDog

It's been well over a week and still where are they?

Peace
edit on 18-2-2011 by bridak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That is what I am asking... I have heard a few comments from Hillary regarding other issues in the last week, but haven't seen where she was when she was making them from, or whether or not this secret meeting has concluded or is still in session, etc. Has anyone heard anything?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As I've said in an earlier post on this thread I would be watching to see what comes from this and if the diplomats returned to there overseas posts but no matter how much I look there is no information available on this subject anywhere on the net.I was worried when this story broke but now i'm really scared especially now we have so much going on in the middle east,the increase in seismic activity esp in the new Madrid fault line area and yellowstone and the story's of fast rising sea levels makes me think that maybe its time to start preparing for the worst.
I would really appreciate if any of you members out there with information on whether they have returned to there oversea posts,if you could tell us here on this thread to help ease our minds.
After all we have all heard the phrase ''rats leaving a sinking ship ''

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Its a blog, and is dated from February 1, 2011 but it seems to contain more information than any other news sources to date on this topic.

Hillary Clinton Creates History by calling Nearly all US Ambassadors for Foreign Policy Meeting

Hillary Clinton creates history by calling nearly all US ambassadors for foreign policy meeting

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has called US ambassadors from different countries to attend a wide-ranging foreign policy meeting, the first of its kind ever, in Washington on Monday.

Ambassadors from almost all 260 U.S. embassies, consulates and other posts in more than 180 countries are expected to gather at the State Department to attend the meeting, Politico reports.

The meeting would include discussions on several issues, including foreign policy priorities for 2011, and damages caused due to the release of hundreds of secret US diplomatic cables by Wikileaks, American officials said.

Clinton will meet individually with diplomats working in unstable countries, they added.

The ambassadors would reportedly hold meetings with their regional bureaus Monday and Tuesday. Clinton is set to address the ambassadors on Wednesday about "leading through civilian power."

From the Politico
Hillary Clinton to diplomats: Respect 'civilian power'

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called for stronger U.S. diplomatic efforts in countries where tensions run high as unrest continues to grow on the streets of Egypt and elsewhere in the Middle East.

“What’s going on today — recent events in Egypt and certainly in that broader region — remind us all how crucial it is to have top-notch leadership on the ground and how quickly the ground can shift under our feet,” she said Wednesday morning at an unprecedented gathering that brought most of the 260 U.S. ambassadors posted around the world to Washington

Even as Clinton meets with many of the top diplomats in town for the week-long summit, her agenda is full of unanticipated Middle East strategy sessions as officials continue to monitor the conditions in Egypt, Tunisia and other Arab countries. When planning the meeting, Clinton said, “we thought early February would be quiet” — but that prediction turned out to be well off the mark

Read more: www.politico.com...

At some point last year, or the year prio Clinton floated an idea of getting all of the Diplomatic corps together in one spot to exchange ideas, face to face meetings, brainstorming sessions etc to develop better ways to do things in the world. This meeting was the result of those ideas. Week long meetings that deal with meeting the ambassadors to be more personal, get to know them better, which is not all bad in my opinion since they are usually political appointees,

They also will discuss foreign policy, allowing for everyone to ask questions and be on the same page throughout the world etc. The reason its hyped as unprecadented is becuase this is the first time anything like this occured.

All in all, not a bad idea...

edit on 19-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here you guys go..

Secretary Clinton Convenes the Inaugural Global Chiefs of Mission Conference in Washington D.C.

This is the media link, but you get the idea.. Its a Global Chief of Mission Meeting, and goes with the post above this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

If they are meeting every U.S embassador then you can be sure that something big is going to happen. Either another war, either the political secrets are comming out, or maybe even those that spread doom about 2012 could be right...

I guess that as usual we will have to take the wait and see approach

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If you read anymore than the first and last page of this thread you would know what you posted was already up. What happened SINCE the transcripts that you probably don't know about and when was the meeting finished. did the ambassadors go back to their posts.

It ticks me off when people show up without reading anything and posting something THEY figure solves the mystery and talking down to people.

two ears and one mouth must go right over your head

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

If you read anymore than the first and last page of this thread you would know what you posted was already up. What happened SINCE the transcripts that you probably don't know about and when was the meeting finished. did the ambassadors go back to their posts.

It ticks me off when people show up without reading anything and posting something THEY figure solves the mystery and talking down to people.

two ears and one mouth must go right over your head

And if you read the info I posted you would see why she called the meeting, what was discussed during their week long meeting, and the result of it, with all the ambassadors returning back to their respective embassies.

Geesh.. I hate it when people dont bother to read the information, while being hypocritical towards others. If needed, I am sure we can find a person to read it for oyu if that helps..

Oh.. btw.. There is no reason to be an ass.

On January 31, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton convened the first ever Global Chiefs of Mission Conference. This will be the first time U.S. Ambassadors will gather from around the world simultaneously. The Conference, which runs through February 4, presents an unprecedented opportunity to mobilize and coordinate the work of America’s Ambassadors overseas.

A principal aim of the conference will be to prepare for the implementation of the recommendations in the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR), which Secretary Clinton announced last month.

I am sorry my info did not amount to some massive conspiracy people were hoping for.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the update.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

EVERYTHING you posted has already been up including the projection of it lasting a week. The article you posted were from feb 1-2. there have been entire transcripts word for word of the speeches already up. Haven't you read them?

We already know that there is a meeting....that is why there is this thread, and since nobody can answer any questions about follow up coverage from any news network, then i guess it's ok you and me just derail this thread with our own back and forth.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

contrary to popular belief, sometimes there is no after action report, because the information on what was being covered has already been stated. She recalled all diplomatic staff to the State Department for a week long series of meeting on foreign policy, issues within the countries the ambassadors ware posted to, in addition to regional breakdowns (countries that affect each other by internal issues, foreign policy etc).

This is not new, and was propsed by Secratary Clinton sometime back. Her thought process was to get everyone on the same page, all a free flow of ideas, candid discussions between each other in terms of international relations between the Us and other countries, as well as the relations between the countries they are stationed in.

It was nothing more than a week long meeting, putting everyone on the same page and streamlining the US foreign policy process.

Sometimes its easier to get more / accurate information in person that by phone or video link.

If you head over to the State Department website, via the links I posted, you can see some of the video and media information from those meetings.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join