It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by pajoly

Instead of asking, "What is this meeting for?" ask, "What could be so huge that even the Right won't say boo in way of criticism of the expense of calling in staff from EVERY overseas office on short notice?"

Not even a peep from the Pauls, Bachmann or Palin.

Comet Elenin anyone? It will be pretty close to us on October 28th, 2011. Just a guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Knowing Hillary Clinton, no doubt it's a security issue....turning ambassadors in to spies

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The timing also makes it kind of suspicious with the supposed pole shift in March. Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Knowing Hillary, it was to bring everyone back so she could ask, Does my rear look big in these pants?"

Seriously, it's probably nothing more than these neophytes flexing their political muscles after wikileaks.

Relax.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How exactly are they "neophytes"?

Who are these "newbies" you're referring to?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by beezzer

How exactly are they "neophytes"?

Who are these "newbies" you're referring to?

All the young turks brought in by the Obama administration. All the people he appointed. Maybe it's to adjust computer protocol or to provide new security software. Hillary got plenty of egg on her face with this wikileaks deal.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just to add a thought of something that may or may not be related: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just something that made me wonder. Especially with the White House worker on the March 15th Shift. And not that I think she meant a polar shift of the Earth so much a polar shift in the American... let's just say political climate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just got wind that the FCC just approved and is preparing to test a new Presidential Alert to be broadcast and tested via our current EBS and beyond. Timing is everything... I never thought we would need to hear a direct message from the preisdent via the Emergency Broadcast System. This system could be used for any message really... Remain calm...Bolt your doors...stay off the streets... Who knows...

The color coded system has been eliminated and now this has just been announced. Add this State Dept. meeting to the mix and one begins to wonder.

I just started a thread on this topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just to add a thought of something that may or may not be related: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just something that made me wonder. Especially with the White House worker on the March 15th Shift. And not that I think she meant a polar shift of the Earth so much a polar shift in the American... let's just say political climate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Okay. Now THAT scares me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Perhaps Hillary is announcing that President Obama is being removed from office and Biden is taking over with Hillary as the VP. Ah the fun of speculation.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It may be that the State Department has ALREADY issued a release with "quotes" and acting like this is in the past ense from her upcoming Wednesday speech as it it has already occured but will not actually happen until February 9 when she addresses the assembled group. It also has a quote from Adm Mullin. The below is sourced from a site I am not familiar with, but the rease from State rings as authentic. www.galacticroundtable.com...:

"Photo Courtesy of the State DepartmentSecretary of State Hillary Clinton summoned more than 180 U.S. ambassadors to Washington this week to discuss State Department plans. Dubbing the event the inaugural Global Chiefs of Mission Conference, Sec. Clinton addressed those assembled Wednesday.
The primary goal of the conference is to get the diplomatic core acting more efficiently. President Obama has placed a great emphasis on diplomacy in his first two years in office, an emphasis that is expected to continue in the second half of his term, however the State Department has not been immune to budget cuts and like many departments, is forced to do more with less funding."

“ '[W]e have to keep doing more and more to keep up with what will be a very tough set of choices coming out of congressional appropriations," Clinton told the crowd. She praised the ambassadors for the work they are doing overseas, but also urged them to be mindful of costs in their individual missions."

"Clinton prepared the group for what may be a difficult road ahead. “We know that there are those in the Congress who have even advocated eliminating all foreign aid, eliminating AID, and it’s going to take some outreach and education to discuss with them and lead them through our rationale,” Clinton said. She stressed that if the United States is not willing to be a leader in international diplomacy, someone else will step in – a prospect that may not be beneficial to U.S. national security."

What the heck? Is that normal?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

John Huntsman wants to be president. That is not anything big.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

That link looks like BS to me. It's dated Feb. 2nd and doesn't provide any sources while being listed under blog posts. The whole site has a fake feel to me.

Edit: Macman: White House officials said that, and we all know how trustworthy they are. Honestly, it doesn't make any sense for him to run for president. Hardly anybody knows him and I don't recall any ambassador winning a national election.
edit on 7-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So Hillary is in Munich for a security conference, then returning in time to address the assembled ambassado corps on Feb. 9th, who will spend the next few days meeting in certain groups. Dept of State has released photos of her meeting with Brit PM Cameron, the Russian Foriegn Minister and the German Foreign Minister in separate meetings. So is she briefing the top world leaders BEFORE spilling the beans to her ambassadors?

As for other allies, the Canadian PM is making a previously unscheduled DC visit this week, just announced a few days ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Looks like a bogus site to me too, but the post reads like a DoS release that is yet unreleased.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by pajoly

That link looks like BS to me. It's dated Feb. 2nd and doesn't provide any sources while being listed under blog posts. The whole site has a fake feel to me.

Here is a corroboration and full text of the speech here, so while the site does look bogus, the content is accurate. It seems she spoke to the group on Feb 3 and has her main address on the 9th.:
globalhealth.kff.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well this may be completely unrelated,.But...
Anyone watch the pre-game read of the Declaration of Independance?
unless my memory fails me,. I dont remember that being done before a game,.
Has this always been part of the pre-game viewing?
If not,. why the bold reminder? and was that to pump up the American pride
in "case" of a "need" to start another war for full approval from the people?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well this may be completely unrelated,.But...
Anyone watch the pre-game read of the Declaration of Independance?
unless my memory fails me,. I dont remember that being done before a game,.
Has this always been part of the pre-game viewing?
If not,. why the bold reminder? and was that to pump up the American pride
in "case" of a "need" to start another war for full approval from the people?

I know for sure they did it in 2008. I'd imagine it's not uncommon.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I see, the meeting is an entire week long. That makes more sense; no surprise then that they would release some of what's been said. Probably trying to stop people from speculating

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The meeting is unprecedented.

Not even in the history of the USA.

It had never happened before, not even during WW2.

And the worse part of it all is, as some more intelligent posters had noticed, NO ONE, No one, not even the opposition party and talking heads from the MSM is talking about it!!! IT sure does raises a big stink, on the secrets of Capitol Hill, which all Americans by right of birth have the FULLEST RIGHT TO KNOW!

Today is a historical moment, and the Queen Bee will make history with her decision for recall as well as the message imparted. As to why for the recall, may history, if we are allowed to continue on as species or remnants survive, be kind to us all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join