It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If that weren't enough..!

See, the first key to our mass awakening, is that we'll all need to lose our minds, and go stark, raving, MAD!

Love you all!

God Bless, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This is a rather easy question, all we have to do is wait. Because if anything in that book (bible) is true then they will simply vanish, assuming the rapture happens of course. After that we will have no religious people.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TeleMarketerFromHell

We'll miss one another. Already are.. (bearing in mind that love is the cause and the glue).

Loving those without the love of love, is our love. You NEED us, to fight the battles that need fighting on everyone's behalf.

My own "dark night of the soul" wasn't just for my own narccistic self interest.

I tell you, when the spirit fills the earth and when love encircles it, you will have the religious to thank - at the end of religion.

It's our destiny, as evolving human beings, to complete these things, but some of you people are lagging SO far behind it's not funny, starting with your hatred of religion and religious people, you need to get over that, for starters.

We'll do our part, and I'll meet you in the middle ("Braveheart"), how's that sound?

edit on 15-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

When the truth is finally told to everyone most will abandon religion. There will still be some who will hold on to their religion but they will be few. It doesn't mean though that the absence of religion means the absence of God. Most will finally open their eyes and realize that religion was used to control the masses. Everything has their purpose so the presence of religions now are also serving some purpose.

Remember that we here on earth just for the experience.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Organized religion has tremendously hindered the evolution of the most important "race" on our planet. The Human race. Religious beliefs have kept us separate and at war with one another for the last 2000 years. In the meantime, the governments and individual leaders of our nations have created this facade of integrity and righteousness via our own ignorance. All the while increasing their power and control over us. While continuously we massacre our own brothers and sisters... over a "belief", in a crippling form of population control. I can't shake this feeling of being a part of a very nieve, delusional society always chasing a carrot at the end of a stick. Like herds of sheep to a slaughterhouse. We ever so slowly begin to realize that many of these "sheep" are actually wolves. But will it already be too late? I hope not. I hope not.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Religion, faith and spirituality rarely coexist.

Shame, really.

When you need to define yourself by labeling yourself with a 'religion,' it is apparent to me that there is little else interesting about you.

I am a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a friend, a musician.... I have a sense of spirituality too....what that is has no concern for anyone but me. I am more than whatever that may be.

You are a Christian/Muslim/Hindu/FSM-Pirate.......um....great.....!! Do you like...um....movies?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
How would a person define religion? What is it we believe and practice either coming from God or from within, is religion. The term is so very vague that it does not represent the gift which God gave this world. Our ability to be able to decide for ourselves is this gift that comes from God. How could we be having this discussion if we did not possess our very own conscious, or is it ours? The ability to decide, is this not the judgment we face now and at our end, and so being our religion?

Now let’s try the perspective of the 10 commandments. Do they represent one specific purpose? What is this purpose? Was it given to us to help us measure good and evil or to rule over us? As we are ineptly able to decide for ourselves, how would we adjudge our future? Are they guidelines to assist us in our learning faze? Are they given to point us in a direction which most would find agreeable?

In the universe we are surrounded by light and darkness. Let’s view the light and darkness as different forms of personality, whether it be good or evil. Does the light exist in respect of what is seen or felt as movement and warmth? Does the darkness represent what is unseen and is so cold nothing moves but waits? These physical attributes are believable are they not? Does the light endure its ability to move and does dark desire sloth? Is the dark waiting for the light enjoying its sleep, a purpose not decided in within as it cannot move? The light can react to whatever matter it touches and this matter itself receives whatever deciding consciousness the light gives freely. Believe what we want, yes, but physical laws are not pliable.

God gives us our ability to choose through his gift which he gives freely. If we as his allowable creations decide to slumber and deny this light it would be our own doing. That being said, our religion, this light allowing us to decide our fate, is a reality among us which now is undeniable until we finally would reach a point to decide whether or not we want anymore of such. The choice is left to us and this is invariably a reality we do not have a choice of until we adjudge ourselves of nothingness, then we would judge no more.

I choose to keep my religion, but I will not frown upon any of those who choose to slumber. It is in fact our choice. Why argue about it, what is the point in doing so? As light sweeps the universe like a wild storm driven by a chariot of powerful commanding king of light, how so would he not honor our last request, whether to return unto light or remain in the slumber of darkness, our choice, and being the respectful awesome God he is, would he not respect our request?

Peace be with you in the Light of his word, I judge you not if you refuse it thereof.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
View God as the Universe; it created everything out of nothing, and has laws that are under it's control. Look at science as a way to understand 'God' and how it works rather then ignoring science because it contradicts a popular point of view.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Forgive me, I went searching and fell in love with Jesus Christ, relative to whom, for me, nothing and no one compares, as an purely rational and logical object of devotion.

I couldn't help it. I'm too smart, too curious, like the kid who just HAS to go check out his parents closet in the lead up to Christmas!

I sought I found.

The degree to which the story has been mythologized, no longer matters to me. Once the mind changes shape it just can't go back, and it's a rose!

I understand that frame of reference being used here for the word "Religion".

However, if you were familiar say, with the collective works of Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung, then you would know why that word holds no negative connotation or reaction for me whatsoever.

You who are getting all upset about this, simply because of the ah doctrinal differences out there and the degree of tension that it's brewed over the centuries, must bear in mind that that's just plain stupidity, and ignorance, that narrow interpretation, it's absurd and insane, and at long last passing away. Those guys are "stupider" than the atheists, who have least have the cahunas to to question, that's admirable, up to a point - to the point at which you throw away all the great wisdom of the ages, have a bonfire, cut off some heads, and then celebrate, never realizing that you just threw out the baby with the bathwater, including your own heritage, and ultimate destination, an inheritance prepared for you, since before the very foundations of the world! Absurd, you say? Well just look into man's true position, as a consciously aware choosing being in the universe, according to quantum physics.

Man is consciousness catching up with consciousness, and yes, "religion" has just been the mask, and it's time to take off the mask, I agree with that. Let us be sure however, though, to still have access to their inner shapes and forms, just in case we ever forget, again, just who and what we really are...

Sheesh! What were you guys THINKING?!!!

I am the end of religion, as are you, but only to the degree that we were ever able to eat it, grok it, integrate it, and then become something else, something new, something never before seen, except in a few isolated cases.

That's what religion has done for humanity, in the final analysis. It killed us, then saved us in the end.

edit on 15-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You see, I went and killed the thread!

You could start then maybe, by just not talking about it!

Oh God.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

That is easy.

And, surely all of you need to see this one - holding to illusions to the very end.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
To end all religions would be marvellous and simple if people would listen to reasonable doubt.To seperate fact from fiction seems to be extremely hard for some people. Here's an example The story of Jack and the Beanstalk vs The story of Jonah and the Whale. Now decied which one is the fairy tale.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

But this is precisely what Christianity is all about! It's about dying to self, and awakening to everlasting life.

Life is the destiny you are bound to refuse until you consent to die.

"He who keeps his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for my sake will find it again."

edit on 15-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
End all religions? Sounds like you would need to appeal to Satan for that one thou fool.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The teachings are very important in religion. One can be born with an open mind and sees for himself what is truth and what not. It can be interpreted by the mind. What you can learn you can learn. Once insight fills your life you have a tendency to religion. Where does all this insight come from. We are small lightbulbs having a connection with the superior bulb, always learning. Even if you don't see this as God there is still the bigger aspect, something to tap out from. It is allready good having that known. We call it God because it is superior. Small things make you think of a superior being, a Father.
edit on 2010/12/15 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

Yes you have identified management for virtually every faith dogma doctrine or creed there.
second line

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Many religions have already given us hints on how to rid the world of the evils of certain "other" religions.

South American civilizations...Smallpox (probably accidental at first)
Call them Heathens and Witches. Less than human, etc...
Enslave them.
OH, and Burn their books! Imagine the knowledge lost burning all those South American books.
Yes, those South American Heathens had texts galore...all gone..
Whatever info is left over, use it to show what terrible people they were. Cannibals, torturers, etc..

Then, use them as scapegoats for the world problems....Like The jews were "goated". And still are. Though in a much more Politically correct way.

Call them ignorant,Medieval..All the good stuff.

Did I mention using them as scapegoats...Just replace the word "communist' with "terrorist"...
that seems to be working now...

OR

Allow people to practice their personal beliefs...As long as they don't drastically infringe upon the rights of others.

I prefer the second route..

The first part has been Done to Death..If you know what I am saying...

Loot the Vatican...Have a yard sale in Vatican Square.
edit on 15-12-2010 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

You know what Jesus said, about calling our brother fool..

I said earlier that I only WANTED to call people an idiot, but here you're going too far, especially if you are a true believer or student.

Unless you think it's like a game of football or soccer, or something like that.. you know, our side vs. theirs!

That's absurd.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned 'Nuke em' yet?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

We have a conspiracy. Law is set up conspiracious. We must get rid of conspiracies. They f#ck up the normal way of things to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join