It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by 1Starman

Whatever it is you have in your coffee,
could you slip some into mine

I have to Hand it to you ! You are really psychic ! How did you know that I am having coffee.
Keep it up,practice more and you will awaken your powers.

edit to reply to others.

What knowledge that you all have,has been learned from books and others. How can you be sure that all those things that has been written is accurate and is the truth. It has been pointed out many times that historical records are not accurate. Even the newer editions of the the bible has been change through the translations.The only way to know the truth is to raise your level of awareness so that you,yourself have the sensitivity to feel and sense the truth.

edit on 15-12-2010 by 1Starman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Religion is not the problem. Organised Religion is. Using Religion as a Moral Authority, Judicial Code, an Institution, a Corporation and an outlet to explain the unknown. Logic, reason and humility are the arch enemies of Organised Religion. Therefore, the more people utilise these attributes when analysing the beliefs they have been taught the more likely they are to realise these beliefs lack substance.
edit on 15/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added extra lines

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

I was not referring to star wars,but WW2.
Have you heard of the german SS?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Where did your knowledge of All these things come from. If it is not an awareness from deep within your consiousness,then it is subjective. Knowledge of your past lives and experiences are locked within you and you can know the truth if you look inwards instead of outwards.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
One solution to get rid of the false purveyors of religion would be to get rid of the tax free status in countries that provide it. Once there is no financial incentive then you will only have true people of faith which probably wouldn't be that bad.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think The new religion of this planet should be called TOLERANCE of others rights to choose their own beliefs and religions. Religion is about an individual choosing how to express appreciation and gratitude to the Devine Creator God. People have different words they use for the devine creator. It is like art, no interpretation is right or wrong. In the name of any religion no violence, bullying, or pushing ones beliefs on another should ever be conducted. This is what is called Evil, a negative force in the universe. I am sure the aliens too have their own religions. Power over others is Evil. Unfortuately, some of the worst crimes in humanity have been done in the idea of religion. I really wish the Jews didn't kill Jesus, and the Library of Alexandria hadn't been burned to the ground, the stautes made of marble weren't vandalized, World War 2 hadn't happened, and the list goes on...
Sadly, humanity doesn't seem to evolve from these calamities. Why can't people learn to appreciate one another for their differences? I think this is man's flaw. As a society we may never overcome our jealousies, greed, and violence tendencies. If, and I do believe, God exists. Then God made all of us and we are to get along in a civilized fashion with kindness and love and equality.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Starman

Listen, looking "within" is not the answer either, at least in my opinion. Had to add that disclaimer. I would say that both of your views (yours and mamabeth) need to be combined according to my perspective. I view Christianity as a tool for avoiding the death of the ego, to get on an armor to avoid being "altered" by someone outside of your will (ironically, many are "altered" by their pastors, but that is another story). I see questioning and looking within as a way of learning. But without the ego, these "revelations" are useless, because you lack the gumption to show how effective they are through action if you are the walking dead. Ya know, dieing over and over (metaphorically) and learning. But never applying that learning to life. Never learning how to naturally live out these introspective wonders. In the case of poo-pooing the Christian belief (outside of organized religion, hypocritical peacocks behind a podium context, which does not exist in all churches by any means), you are in my view, poo-pooing the structured, the masculine. Amazing how dumb ****s in society always have to say one or the other is evil, never seeing how they dance together. Sure, the mystery is important, looking within is important, but without these groups of people joining forces, this looking within stuff ends up in oblivion. It doesn't really get applied to the human experience. You might just be avoiding the external experience (don't know you, so I am not defining you, just offering a general opinion) to give you a slap in the face if needed, to truly have "reality" and imagination clash. So maybe we should combine both approaches, ya know?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No human should ever be allowed to claim that they are doing this,or doing that in the name of God. Nobody has the right to do so!
They are only using the word God as an excuse.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman
No human should ever be allowed to claim that they are doing this,or doing that in the name of God. Nobody has the right to do so!
They are only using the word God as an excuse.

I agree.

Beware of any so-called minister that says "God told me to tell you...blah, blah, blah"

If God has something to tell you, He is God and He can tell you without any third party self-appointed oracle.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Simple Answer

go Watch

Architects of Fear an Episode of the Original Outer Limits

a False Flag

and there alot of Subjects s on ATS about a False Flag Alien Invasion

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I would suggest everyone read "The Voice of God" from the Kolbrin Bible.

I see no religion, only spirituality.
Always seek truth in all it's forms.
Truth is not found in one book or one source,
it is found in them all.

All the worlds religions are one religion,
everyone is just too blind to see,
blinded by their egos and the need to feel that they are right.
With the death of the ego the conciousness can be free.
The Christ conciousness can be found.

Read, reread, compare and contrast the following:

The Nag Hammadi Library ~ www.gnosis.org...
The Dead Sea Scrolls
The Kolbrin Bible ~ geofftop.com...
The Book of Thoth (Emerald Tablets of Thoth) ~ www.crystalinks.com...
The Bible
Sumerian Texts ~ people.pwf.cam.ac.uk...
and any other religios texts available.

Also pay attention to Edgar Cayce and Cosmic Awareness Channeling, there are many many correlations of truth there as well.

The truths lie in between them all, you just have to take the time to look and keep an open mind.

Peace to all.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Chanukah commemorates the Maccabean Revolt when Gentiles vowed to destroy the Jewish People and Faith. In the dark times of World War 2, as Nazi Germany was slaughtering europe's Jewish People and Faith. G-D, The Holy One of Israel allowed the Allied Bombing Raids to increase in intensity to kill an equal measure of Germans as the Nazis increased their slaughter the Jewish People. The lesson to be learned by the Gentile Nations is never to destroy the Jewish People and Faith unless you want to experience what Divine Retribution truly means.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I hate to break this news to all:

Law finds its roots in the Ten Commandments. Ask a lawyer. That's LAW 101 at any University.

Morality finds its roots in religion. What happens if "Thou shall not murder" or "Thou shall not steal" are eliminated from the laws of the land? After all, though these are civil laws, they are based upon BIBLICAL LAW.

I don't suppose any of you realize that the whole "inalienable rights" thing is based on Christian doctrine as well.

No society without a base of religious morality has EVER survived...EVER... So you may want to be careful what you wish for...

If religious morality is removed from society, then tyranny is the only thing left for maintaining society...and even that is short-lived. Ask the Soviets, East Germans and the Cubans who have fled their homelands about tyrannical law...oh...and last time I checked, communist governments were collapsing all over the world...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PGTWEED

In the dark times of World War 2, as Nazi Germany was slaughtering europe's Jewish People and Faith. G-D, The Holy One of Israel allowed the Allied Bombing Raids to increase in intensity to kill an equal measure of Germans as the Nazis increased their slaughter the Jewish People.

Interesting comment, did you know the bible predicted this symbolically in Revelation, one slight difference he wasn't protecting the Jews, but rather the few Christians of faith left in Germany that were in the camps as objectors of Nazism.

Revelations 12: 15-17

15Then out of his mouth the serpent spouted forth water like a flood after the woman, that she might be carried off with the torrent. 16But the earth came to the rescue of the woman, and the ground opened its mouth and swallowed up the stream of water which the dragon had spouted from his mouth. 17So then the dragon was furious (enraged) at the woman, and he went away to wage war on the remainder of her descendants--[on those] who obey God's commandments and who have the testimony of Jesus Christ [and adhere to it and bear witness to Him].

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Wow, mamabeth! Way to bring the LOONIES out of the wood work!

The rejection of religion is really just a reactionary position taken by those who are offended by proposition that there IS a SUPREME CREATOR out there who going to judge for their immorality. If they acknowledge the existence of God and the authorship of His Word, they condemn themselves.

Immoral people simply cant accept that their behavior is somehow wrong; thus, they try to eliminate that which stands in opposition to them. (ie. God, Churches, organised religion, etc.) Immoral people want to determine their OWN definition of morality, not realizing that it is upon the morality taught by ORGANISED RELIGIONS that law exists!

Babylon has indeed reared its head once again...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Advancement of the conciseness is given to those who understand the paradox that we live. For those who are in no need of someone else’s laws or idealism all is freely given. That includes the knowledge of the sub conciseness (the son) and the super sub conciseness (the Father). Nobody can go to the father but through the son. Religion means in Latin “to bind on self”, so why would you want to be bound to 1 level of conciseness, the lowest one. All knowledge is freely given to those who need no laws because they have already proven their faith to the father, not some 3rd party oracle.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Well not that simple guy because the xtian religion relies upon complexity to make what little case it has.

Unless you are a mindless self pleasuring automaton, and like some dumb animal are completely uninterested in the meaning of life,

Pseudo intellectual comments like this may well impress a 12 year old waking up to the fact that there is no evidence for the invisible man in the sky so he will cling to his security blanket a little longer, but they simply don't wash with grown ups of independent thought.

Before you accuse people of being dumb for experiencing self pleasure maybe you could point us in the direction of the authority that would insist that life has to have a meaning and what that meaning is, not doubt any meaning to life will be in tune with your own.

you have to have considered at least once, how all of the marvelous universe, and it's intricate order came about.

Who says so you ? How many people actually sit in awe at the wondrous cocktail of ingredients and skill in combining them before they sink their teeth into a Big Mac ?
You may choose to do so my friend, me I eat it while it's hot and savor it giving no more thought to it other than how it tastes and fills my empty belly.

If you are an atheist, you must come to the absurd conclusion that it's all an accident and you are a mere fluke of the universe, with no right to even exist (to quote an obscure song
).

Ahh, your ignorance takes long strides my friend, consider this -
An atheist is simply a person that does not believe in your god , for whatever reason the individual has concluded that there is not enough or zero evidence for you particular god, period.

No intelligent evolutions promotes the idea that evolution is based on a series of "accidents" . The assertion that evolutionists (as apposed to atheists) are of the opinion that Darwinian evolution is an "accident" has been heavily promoted by complete idiotic charlatans such as Kirk Cameron and Ray comfort immediately repeated by unintelligent pastors and their fee paying minions.

Her's an example of Beavis and Butthead touting their nonsense to be repeated by christian idiots time and again before Band B are slaughtered by reasoning debate and made to look very foolish.

For anyone that has not seen this video please take the trouble to do so and watch a pair of christians make complte fools of themselves. Also bear in mind that after seeing this video christian droids straight after church were shoving bananas in peoples faces at every opportunity.

Thus the atheist religion is forced to believe that nothing created everything.

Again your ignorance and programming is bordering on utter stupidity Atheism is not a religion anymore than Bald is a hair color and most intelligent atheists not unlike science do not believe that the universe sprang from nothing, they will honestly tell you they don't know.

You and idiots like you insist that not only do you know the universe was created by a god but it just happened to be your god !!!

Dude you have a lot of growing up to do and may I also suggest a little reading may I suggest you begin with Francis Collins, who is a genome researcher but also a christian once you've got to grips with what evolution actually is then get back to us and have an intelligent discussion.

The rest of your post is not really worth responding to as you clearly demonstrate a lack of knowledge in anything and appear to be suffering from Post Traumatic Pastor control.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Great stuff, religion has been used for centuries to start wars, lets all be "anti-religious" so we can piss more people off.

Idiots.

If people have beef against religion, I don't see why they would make a fuss, if Its what people choose to believe leave them to it. Yes religion has been used as an excuse to oppress people even until this day, but what would make you any better to make a fuss?

Ask yourself, will ending religion end human nature?
edit on 15-12-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

The rejection of religion is really just a reactionary position taken by those who are offended by proposition that there IS a SUPREME CREATOR out there who going to judge for their immorality. If they acknowledge the existence of God and the authorship of His Word, they condemn themselves.

No dude you happen to be talking out of your butt, an atheist is person that happens not to be liev in your god for whatever reason period.

But of course you already know this but like many xtians have so little faith in what you claim to believe find it necessary to promote nonsense hoping that the ignorant or unsure will buy your christian lie.

makes a mockery of -

Thou shalt not bear false witness

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Yeah it's funny that, they know the truth that Atheists, Agnostics and even Deists can't possibly know. I mean that kind of information is not even in the grasps of science, yet the Christians and Theists seem to KNOW what God is like, let alone whether a divine supernatural being actually created the universe.

It's actually hilarious that they get away it.

When i say hilarious i actually mean awful.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join