It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

We have a conspiracy. Law is set up conspiracious. We must get rid of conspiracies. They f#ck up the normal way of things to go.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There is only one way to be rid of all religion. I am utterly convinced of this.

We can only eat and drink our way through it, at the Wedding Feast of all ages, and by the time we are through, it simply will not matter any more!

Welcome! [opens door, bowing, beconing]

Just remember to take lowest place at the table, so that you can be exalted, and moved up to the Bride and Bridegroom's place before all who are gathered, instead of being forced to move down, the higher place already reserved!

It's all good. Some people just need to relax, and stop assuming the worst about everything, including their fellow man, so that we can be in good humour towards one another when the great day arrives, and it's already always here NOW!

And if I am NOT crazy, then you who want to POUND religion into the ground, and smash the table and throw chairs and good food all over the place, well, you will be the one guy improperly dressed for the occasion, an imposter, and there would be little choice at that point, but to toss you out on your a$$!

Seriously, just keep an open mind, free of contempt, prior to investigation, and you'll get your wish in the end, but it won't be anything you could possibly have expected, as the tears are wiped from YOURS eyes as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This would be simple if only people would listen to whats called reasonable doubt.People have a hard time distinguising fact from fiction example:- the story of Jack and the Beanstalk vs Jonah and the Whale now decied which of these stories is fictional.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
reply to post by SevenThunders

Atheists are total fools! I can tell you this, if I REALLY believed no one was watching me, I would have SO much fun, you have no idea how much fun I would (finally) have!

So what you're saying is that you ACT in the manner God says, but you wouldn't otherwise if there wasn't the danger of "getting caught"???

That IS exactly what you're implying (sic: blurting out in no uncertain terms), there. It is - no question.

That means that, by proxy, you're having impure thoughts. Regularly. Willfully. And what's the punishment for those thoughts again, children???

...so, you can't love your God THAT much if you're having THOSE thoughts too often enough to declare them to everyone now, can you???? No. Of course not.

So, by your workings, does your omniscient God (which any God must be in order to judge his subjects) NOT have psychic abilities??? Rather convenient, don't you think???
Isn't that a Catholic trait?

MASSIVE FAIL!!!!

Unlucky, son.
edit on 15/12/2010 by TailoredVagabond because: Typo!

(I was raised Catholic and have since seen the light of Atheism that education brings, BTW, so I know all about "taking what you want and screwing the rest of scripture when it doesn't fit!".)
edit on 15/12/2010 by TailoredVagabond because: typo again!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by warza
Well, we weren't going to tell you, but the plan is to have you all rounded up and beheaded. Hope you don't mind. Just kidding.
Really.

Believe it or not,this is what will happen to
a lot of "us" of faith.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeleMarketerFromHell
This is a rather easy question, all we have to do is wait. Because if anything in that book (bible) is true then they will simply vanish, assuming the rapture happens of course. After that we will have no religious people.

Another great post and very true.After all the "religious"
people are gone,you forgot about the wrath of God?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Has anyone mentioned 'Nuke em' yet?

I don't think so,but that would be the ultimate
of stupidity.Poisoning a planet just to get rid
of some unwanted people!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I think there is a conspiracy.
But it's simply about money, and the control that goes with it.
It's why the bigger, richer families of the world don't like their sons an daughters to marry outside the culture of lavish living.
Could lead to a little shallowness of the gene pool however. Like the royal families of Europe.

It's a monarchy of Money, I think.

The conspiracies come into play via the stock market, insider trading, Offshore accounts. the ability to set up fake companies. And of course, shareholders of the Military/industrial complex. Did i mention a tax code so complex that you can't catch a good break unless you are married to an accountant? Or can afford to hire one.

Oh yeah...Special interest groups..That's just plain idiocy and proves that a dollar is more valuable than a vote.

edit on 15-12-2010 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Try educating yourself on the sciences. Then you might stop believing in fairy tales, magic zombies and talking snakes.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The Great Upheaval of the endtime will reduce the population to a dwindle. The survivors will be watched over by the guardian of this planet and religon will not be allowed to be practiced.Religons are conceived by man from the very begining as a means of bringing people under control. The next era is the golden age where only the humble and pure hearted are allowed to exist.
edit on 15-12-2010 by 1Starman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienPet13

It would be better to understand religious beliefs, than to constantly belittle them.
There are reasons that Holy books were written.
Some to explain the world, some to control the people. And even some with good intentions.
Belittling something like religion is a wide ranging insult, and does nothing to encourage discussion.
Try it that way sometime. You might get somewhere. Rather than preaching the "fire and brimstone" of Atheism.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Hate to break it to you but even if there was a "disclosure" religion would still be standing strong. It's like your/they are all over looking the fact you must believe in beings from outside this world to begin with the to follow the Christian faith.

I believe in Yeshua and that he is our creator and that is where I part ways with modern day Christianity. All the rest of the stuff is all rubbish.

I already know Aliens are real because I am an experience'er. It has not changed/shaken my faith in Christ AT ALL.

Furthermore I know many Christians and I can honestly say I don't think that finding out aliens are real is not going to shake these peoples faith one iota. Nodda.

Just an FYI. Carry on.

Thanks,

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Same thing Hitler did in World War 2, mix it up a little.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My, oh my. The militant Atheists are at it again, aren't they?

Most of you Atheists seriously believe that ending religion will end all wars? And you call religious people delusional. There will still be greed, which is more dangerous that religion will ever be, you're just too blinded with rage to see that.

I myself don't practice any religion, but believe in a higher power out there. It's just an opinion of mine, but I bet some of you think I'm a fool now, don't you? Please, Atheists, get over your anger at being forced to go to church when you were all kids.

As for the OP's question: I myself would disband the Catholic Church, along with other organized religions. People will still be able to worship freely in their homes, however.

There are peaceful and smart ways to disarm religion, but most people just want to violently end it. Why so hypocritical anti-theists?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I used to do research on UFO's for over 20 years.
I still have books in my library on the topics of
science,physics and the solar system.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Starman

Whatever it is you have in your coffee,
could you slip some into mine

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

You pride blinds you. You don't see how shallow your thinking really is. It's very sad. I don't believe in fairy tales but I believe that this universe was created. That creator has revealed himself to us as Yeshua. It's too bad your science mind keeps you blind. For instance let's look at the snake in the Garden of Eden....Do you actually believe they were writing about a talking snake? Did you know the Hebrew translation of the passages in Genesis that talk about the snake tempting EVE is referred to as an "upright shining, serpent like creature"? It's not a talking snake that's just dumb. I can go on for days with things like this that most would dismiss out of hand because of the secular programming "The Powers that Be" have instituted in our world. I bet you think you science is accurate and the "final word" in the world of facts. HAHAH ! If only you could see it from outside the box.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unown

Would people be band from assembling together to worship if they want? I think that may interfere with peoples right to assembly. It will probably result again in the formation of new churches.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
In the case of Christianity, you would have to disassociate religious belief from any part in civilized society. This would be rather difficult given that Jesus Christ founded Western Civilization 2010 years ago. There is also the problem of motivation, after all religious people would ask, what business is it of yours what their religious beliefs are?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'll avoid igniting some sort of "Us vs. Them" style of theological combat, I'll leave that to those who do it best, i.e- the theists. Honestly though, I'd much rather see a world where people approach the world using critical thinking and maturity as opposed to a world with all religion forcibly snuffed out.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join