It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Urgent, Not Important, Dont Bother Clicking On This Thread: Britain To Freeze To Death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"Not Urgent, Not Important, Dont Bother Clicking On This Thread: Britain To Freeze To Death"

I should have heeded the title, I agree completely.

And its good old Dr. Bill Deagle, known fear monger, was trying to sell a de-icer of some kind???

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
WOW, a snow storm and all hell breaks loose with conspiracies. It must be an Alien ray of some sort. I can't prove it isn't! So it must be, LOL!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The oil in the gulf was the equivelent of the spill of one Exon Valdez every four days...How long did it go for?divide the time by four.. the number is an ecological disaster of unprecedented proportions.The poison will acend the food chain. Its Unthinkable Unimaginable..The North Atlantic Tuna will cop it first. As the gulf are their spawning grounds.If the methane blows it top from the unstable geology..instead of the occasional boat sinking in the Bemuda triangle from methane bubbles...A true nightmare scenario becomes plausable
As far as Lord Sterling goes,I take him with a pinch of salt. But my gut feeling is that this time he's right.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
barbra streisand has some thoughts on this. I tried to find her lecture in which she has the solution, and could stop warming worldwide if we heed her guidance. I guess she succeeded:

www.wnd.com...

Will England ever see snow again? (hilarious bbc message board)

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

This isnt a conspiracy, its an environmental tragedy of epic proportions. Even the scientific community have no idea how the stalling of the loop this year will play out in the weather patterns. What we do know is after the Gulf Loop stalled, the global weather went crazy.

Whilst everyone is arguing over whats causing it, BP have managed to avoid any real responsibility for this tragedy. The loop has restarted but it did in fact stop in the days following the oil spill. Once again I implore you all to check your facts, and there are many, around this global environmental tragedy.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
No....Britain is most certainly not going to freeze to death any time soon.

The winter of 2010/11 is undoubtedly shaping up to be a colder than average one in the UK, however that is all it will be, there is no imminent ice age due any time soon here.

If you want a true representation of what the winter here in the UK has to hold have a look HERE the people that post there have a great understanding of the weather forecasts and patterns in the UK, indeed some contributors are professional meteorologists.

So indeed it is going to be a cold winter........however some of the forecasting models are suggesting that the anticipated "cold spell" may in fact be highly over rated!

I'm posting from the NW of the UK .......current time 3:30am........current temp + 0.9c, and foggy.

Nothing to worry about here!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Anything beats global warming IMO

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would rather more global warming, I hate the cold

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I have scars from where I have burnt myself from the metal belt buckle on my seat belt which has heated up in the sun.

kix

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Some Facts because this thread seem to be lacking a lot.

1) It is not winter yet, so those who say " we have seen worse winters here in the UK, please rephrase "we have had colder autumn before here in the UK" Please learn about solstices.

2) We have had worse conditions before in the so called "mini Ice age" and yes the Thames froze and If I remember correctly the even had a summer with snow and a frozen river.

3) Right now the carribean has record low temps and that is a fact and even if the gulf current is healthy and running strong, I dont know where the heat will come if the caribbean is cold to start with. (just google Can cun Record low temps and then check other temps around like fort laurerdale etc...)

4) Last time there was such extreme low tems, a lot of people died of starvation and was a disaster population-wise. This time with bigger cities and more people, things could get really nasty right away, just remember the cold in Canada a few years ago, were an emergency was declared due to lack of electricity and extreme cold.

5)Some of my friends (pilots) have reported that east bound flights have not encountered a lot of jet stream, in fact my flight on Nov 14 from NY to Mexico was 45 minutes shorter!

6)Its too early to tell, but here in MExico we are freezing in fact yesterday we were at 0 C (32f), and its NOT WINTER YET. Be prepared because if this gets really cold you wont have a chance to buy goodies if people panic.

I put 300Dlls in my Propane gas tank (560kgs) just in case and I have bought a watter purifier, and some extra food for a week, because lets face it, if the SHTF, everyone will try to buy food/gas/generators and such.....

my 2 pesos.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Saw it on Godlikeproductions, those morans will hype anything no matter how far fetched it is.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Think you used the wrong graphic, that one is sea height not current speeds.....
The average speed in the gulf is 3.5-4 knotts, when it goes up the east coast to Britan it slows to 1.5 knotts... it does stall and return off and on all year..BUT....it has stalled more this year then previous... Oh you probably want proof... well its on the site you were at .. here is the page for the last 2 years of the flow in animation..seems to have slowed drasticly to me.
rads.tudelft.nl...

edit on 12-12-2010 by Lost in america because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Really good thread and yes this is a huge worry. BP oil was paid to do this, its part of their NWO scheme. Italian physicist did the math and it was released last summer, and I've made quite a few posts. This is not nature, its not nature, what they've got planned, its them, the wanna be elites doing this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Freeze as in go back into an ice age like the UK was under a mere 1700 years ago.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I get the sarcasm coming from Ratajen, and of course there will be people here that will not be receptive to facts and what not. But really nobody is stopping you from speaking out and making threads here, and there very well could be an ice age about to take place. Im here in the Midwest of the USA as we get hammered by a blizzard the prospect od such a calamity is ominous and who could not notice the erratic weather of recent years. But to say the Oil Spill will stop the current is nonsense, disinfo? Do you think the PTB would start a Ice Age just to kill us off so they can go live in some deep underground base for the rest of their lives? And do you think they could cover up something like this? I mean if people knew they would still end up freezing to death and dying anyway. None of this makes sense, more paranoia and fear seems to be the gist of the extreme.

There could be a Ice Age about to take place but i would not attribute it to Human Intervention rather a natural cycle. Of course there a million and one things that will kill us before 2012 according to some people, i for one feel something will happen yet no idea what and still very unsure if good or bad. But really again nothing in that youtube video makes the scenario believable. Nor is youtube a credible source for such information rather something like this deserves to be peer reviewed.

Oh I noticed you added me as a respected foe Ratajen? Well be that as it may, I do not view other posters as foes agree or disagree the feature is kind of ridiculous actually. More like a "im mad at you" button. Im just not one to buy in to the fantasy aspect of things, dont believe the hype. We are on the same side.

But an interesting thread none the less still what are those DUBS for? Well i believe the PTB want to kill us off indeed as obvious as it is as they are not bothering hiding agendas now, however again the BP oil spill was not to start a ice age in my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
How many times have you been told to tone down your thread titles? It makes it SO hard to take any of your threads seriously because it's nothing but constant fear mongering. So frustrating.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Living in a country and region where winters have been and will be cold and most probably colder than Britain will ever see makes me wonder why should we be so bothered with these cold times. OK, the Ice Age is coming and the Sun will explode some day but the humankind have already survived through hard times and will survive the challenges that future might bring. The only thing to worry about is the overwhelming fear that some people want to feel and will do their best to make every one else to share the same feeling. And we all surely knew that already.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Gravdolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
the BP oil spill did not kill the gulf stream, thats impossible... melting ice would kill it though... so... yeah...
Once the ice melts, it cools down the water, and the warm water no longer rises to the top, causing the stream to stop moving... I'm pretty sure thats the only way to kill the gulf stream.

But hell, this is a conspiracy site right? Logic is only implemented in about 5% of these threads.

Does look like a cold one though! I'll be over there in a week! I'll let you know!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

BTW this is not a department store to mix and match, if you reference my remarks, please reference in context.

I can see nothing in my reply that was not in context. I addressed your reference to Dr Zangari. Your reference to a department store is pointless and completely out of context as I was mixing and matching nothing. After my years on this ball of earth I am quite capable of formulating a debate thank you very much.

I don't buy into singular causes anyway, that's what I already said if you read my post properly, and posts elsewhere.

Posts elsewhere are not relevant to my reply, and I was not accusing you of buying into a single cause.

The point is the good Dr, rubbish him you may, gave us our weather forecast so far, and correctly as he saw it.

I believe that he was referring to the Gulf Stream and saying we would be going into an ice age (which we are anyway). That is hardly what I would call a weather forecast!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

C'mon you are using The Nutrimedical Report as a source!!!!! Your posts are becoming exceedingly tiresome as is your ego and bad tempered replies to those who disagree with you.

Why was the jet stream only mentioned once, two thirds of the way through this nine minute fiasco?

The shifting of the jet stream has been responsible for the recent cold snap over the British Isles NOT the gulf stream.

The reason there was so much snow was because british waters were so much warmer than the air. When cold air rushes down from the North/Scandinavia/Russia it blows across the warm waters sucking up moisture which then falls as snow. So we got the snow because the gulf stream had warmed our waters. Indeed if the gulf stream switched off and the waters around Britain cooled we could see less snow despite colder temps.

The issue of The Gulf Stream shutting down is of great concern but luckily on this occasion it is not to blame for freezing (parts of) Britain and my wait to go sledding continues. Ive seen NO significant snowfall since the 1980s

Despite the cold snap large parts of England were unaffected. I had cause to be in west midlands and the west country during this period and there was no snow to speak of apart from a dusting that was easily mistaken for thick frost. Yes it was cold, we even had two frosts! Which is two more than I usually see.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join