It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Urgent, Not Important, Dont Bother Clicking On This Thread: Britain To Freeze To Death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Jrmcleod you hit the nail on the head i remember a looong time ago when i was at primary school the snow was very deep just don't remember the temperature's.
Lots have changed since then the winds don't seem as bad as i remember and lightning don't seem to see that anymore i used to love watching that so there is definitely a change but i stick with its natural.

Star for you.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The weather does seem to be getting stranger and stranger but i think the idea that the Gulf stream has closed off to such a degree as to trigger ice age is a bit premature.

This is more likely classic, British island mentality. I live in the u.k and know how we struggle so with but a few c.m snowfall. I agree the weather over here has been erratic of late, i remember a day in mid November where the temperature shot up way above average and people were walking around in t-shirts.

Winter has come early and it's come harsh (for the UK) but perspective is needed here, Mother nature has a remarkable way of repairing what we may possibly have undone.

Admittedly the gulf stream is of vital importance to our climate but tis also a powerful force of nature so wait a while, lets see how the weather is in March-April before we all start building igloos.

edit on 11-12-2010 by TheWatcher11 because: spelling

edit on 11-12-2010 by TheWatcher11 because: .

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Is that really all you have to contribute to your own OP?

That is because she believes everything the Corporate/banker propaganda outlets... ERRrr News Media tells her.

It is obvious she hasn't bothered to do even the slightest bit of intelligent questioning of the latest propaganda designed to panic the sheeple so TPTB can herd them into surrendering more freedom and wealth.

On topic. The oceans have 60 -70 yr cycles. The warm cycle was from the end of the 70's till recently. The cycle (PDO) just shifted to cold mode. There has been a corresponding change in the patterns of the jet stream. This change is allowing "the arctic express" to move cold arctic air down into the temperate climates. The change in the jet stream also caused the unusual weather in Russia this summer.

TPTB and science has KNOWN about the weather cycles since the early part of the 20th century. That is why Maurice Strong started the "Global Warming" Rippoff Scheme in 1972 a few years BEFORE the cold mode stopped in the late 70's. It is why "Global Warming" changed to Global Climate Change" it is why they tried to get the Con Job finalized in 1997 at Kyoto.

What was KNOWN BEFORE the "Global Warming" scare.
Gleissberg (1939 & 1971)
Milankovitch (1938)
And the scientists who confirmed his work:
George Kukla and Robert Matthews (1972)
Hays, Imbrie and Shackelton (1976)

If you haven't been a sleep you are aware that the Sun went into a very deep solar minimum and that so far Solar Cycle 24 is late and very weak.

If yo REALLY want to scare yourself:
Sami Solanki, Professor at the Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich Switzerland, says the Sun has been burning more brightly over the last 60 years than over the previous 1090 years. www.swissinfo.ch...

Comfirmed by Ilya Usoskin and colleagues physicsworld.com...

George Kukla, together with Robert Matthews of Brown University, convened a conference in 1972 entitled “The Present Interglacial: How and When will it End?”, and reported it in Science magazine... [note the date is the SAME as Maurice Strong chairing the First Earth Summit and starting the Global Warming scare]

Kukla and Matthews alerted President Richard Nixon, and as a result the US Administration set up a Panel on the Present Interglacial involving the State Department and other agencies....

George Kukla: Well almost all of us have been pretty sure that there were only four ice ages, separated by relatively long warm intervals. But now we know that there were twenty in the last two million years. And the warm periods are much shorter than we believed originally. They are something around 10,000 years long. and I’m sorry to say that the one we are living in now has just passed its 10,000 year birthday. That of course means that the ice age is due now any time. calderup.wordpress.com...

Has anyone ever wondered why the elite, starting in the seventies, all of a sudden started moving manufacturing out of the USA and the EU? In 1970, - 24% of Americans were employed in Manufacturing, now less then 9% are. We have been reduced to store clerks and burger flippers. We train Foreign National mainly from India how to do our jobs and then get fired.

Has anyone ever wondered why all the industry killing laws were enacted AFTER 1972? Laws like the EPA and OSHA? Especially when the Banking/Corporate cartel has OWNED the media since 1917 and owns Capital hill through the Government/Corporate Revolving door.

Has anyone ever wondered why the elite stripped all the wealth out of the EU and the USA and are now investing it in Brazil, Mexico and India?

Why the IMF/World Bank and the World Trade Organization are so intent on grabbing complete control of the Food supply from independent farmers world wide?

Why Population Control is a major issue. Why the USDA funded research in spermicidal corn?

Why a Shell Oil Exc, Ged Davis, came up with Scenerio B1 - Sustainability otherwise known as Agenda 21?

Why the Wildlands Project almost made it through Congress as HR 652 (Andrews D-NJ)?
You might want to take a good hard look at a map to help you answer those questions

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

you are not saying any truth you are just a fear mongering ***** that is only looking for stars and flags. I have pity for you, now you changed your avatar, you get less stars and flags, talk a lot about your so called first rate informations.

I live in europe and i will know it when there is a ice age here, and believe me it aint happening "yet".

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I live in the northern part of Europe , and let me tell You , those temperatures and snow amount is nowhere near a crisis situation , it is just another harsher winter after a long time of warm winters , and people got used to it .. I mean for example a few days ago France gets paralyzed because 5cm of snow ?! what the heck ? In not so distant past we had winters that made the Baltic sea freeze and people were walking over it .

So please do not cry doom and apocalypse because mother nature decided to make a slightly harsher winter this year .
edit on 11/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

yes but because these bastards medias make a fuss about it like its "HIGHLY unusual", people believe it and spread the madness. So ats members, are you really denying ignorance? When i read this thread, i think you are swimming into it! Thats hilarious and pitiful.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by Thill

yes but because these bastards medias make a fuss about it like its "HIGHLY unusual", people believe it and spread the madness. So ats members, are you really denying ignorance? When i read this thread, i think you are swimming into it! Thats hilarious and pitiful.

I agree , a big contribution to the problem is the media that is looking for any type of sensation , and a harsher winter is a great topic that you can go over and over and over on the news, and hey its even better because it lasts a few months :/

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
it was noted that the jetstream moved south promoting the onset of the weather here in the uk and in europe.
a link
community.tigranetworks.co.uk...

regards f

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Personally I would prefer a bit of global warming to global cooling as I like my view of oak trees and can't see myself living with a view of tundra or steppes!!

So far this winter is playing out in a similar fashion to 1963. Here a link to a historical account of the great freeze of 1963 in the Thames Valley

www.thamesweb.co.uk...

I notice in the account that food prices went up, there were power cuts and gas was rationed. Could we cope with power cuts and gas rationing in the UK or Europe. I know that in france that severe cold puts an incredible strain on the electricity grid and they ask people to reduce their consumption at certain parts of the day in certain regions.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Sorry, I believe this about as much as I believe Global Warming.
that much-------->| |

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the OP. I have been curious about the oil spill in the Gulf and how it could possibly affect the winter in Britain. Last year's January white-out was a nightmare according to all of the reports I read. Does anyone remember the satellite photos of the event?

Source: Snow-blanketed Britain seen from space

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
Thanks for the OP. I have been curious about the oil spill in the Gulf and how it could possibly affect the winter in Britain. Last year's January white-out was a nightmare according to all of the reports I read. Does anyone remember the satellite photos of the event?

Source: Snow-blanketed Britain seen from space

That's a pic from last week not January.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Click on the source provided in my post. It is clearly dated:

Thursday, January 7th, 2010 | Posted by paulthornton

edit on 11-12-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We've been reading about the Gulf Stream being gone since the summer. Did anyone expect different?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The question should be more that would not such an event affect more than just one Island nation, would it not affect all of the northern hemisphere for both Eurasia, and the North American continents? From what I could recall about the last ice age, it was not a localized event, but a world event, affecting all countries and land masses in the world, around the world. While there is some significant changes to the climates and it is up in the debate as to which way it is going, it is hard to run in panic over the potential of an ice age, when the general population was informed about the temp of the world heating up. So which is it, an ice age, or a heated world? You can not have it both ways. The last know ice age that was seen and recorded was during the 1700’s causing famines through out Europe, and was recorded in New England states of the United States, as a year without summer, where the temps were cold and having problems all year long. So that would show that any mass change in temp either hot or cold, is never localized, rather it is global.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Quote from the OPs post : "BRITAIN AND EUROPE ARE HEADING INTO A WINTER UNLIKE ANY SEEN IN OUR LIFE TIMES."

"In our lifetimes'... so is that to imply that it has actually gotten cold in the UK before? Please do tell, did they survive?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

yes it has been cold, and to the younger generation it is new after many many years of mild winters with no snow or little snow. to me however it is just like things have gone back to normal, i remember the schools being closed, making snowmen, having snowball fights and using plastic bags to go down slopes when i was a kid. what we have now is really no worse to then.

in fact where i live in the U.K., all the snow has almost gone and it is not as cold as before, we are sat here with no heating on and i can assure you we are not freezing to death. so we have gone from having the heating on constantly for 2-3 weeks, to having no heating on at all and all the snow melting. we may get more in january, like we always used to.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by rajaten

and i guess you don't know how the loop current in the gulf works or how the gulf stream works either.

and i guess you didn't know that our weather happens in cycles. some of those cycles last over 100's of years.

do some real research then come back and say the gulf stream is dead. because from where i'm at right now the gulf stream is sitting right on top of me getting ready to bring in a nasty weather system with a bunch of really cold air. but then again that always happens this time of year where i live. it gets down right cold here in the winter!

Where are you at that the gulf stream is right on top of you?

If weather goes in cycles and some of those last over 100 years then how is that an argument against the OP? Can't this be part of a cycle itself? Just because there is cycles doesn't mean the weather can't change or even change abruptly. If you do research you will find in fact that people believe it has done just that.

I'm not saying I agree with the OP but your post needed to be replied to.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"WHICH IS THE MAIN REASON WE DONT ALREADY SUFFER WINTERS ON A PAR WITH N.CANADA AND RUSSIA."-

Last time I checked people were and are living in Canada and Russia and they seem to survive each winter.....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I would bet that more people freeze to death in Canada and Russia though

People can adapt it just takes time. When it rains in LA CA the city shuts down if its bad enough, when it snows in Portland Oregon the city shuts down. Its not to say neither can deal with it its just they don't very often.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join