It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Sly1oneIf it is balloons what the hell is up with the section of video from 2:45 to 2:55? Clearly an object comes into screen and abruptly flies to the right stops then flies off to the upper right again. Explain this to me please if they are indeed balloons.
You're seeing the camera move and zoom in on the trio of balloons, thus making the one in the upper right appear to move out of frame. It's tough to notice with such a uniform background.

Lol absolutely not, no way. I watched this several times to make sure I didn't make those elementary mistake in observation before posting my opinion.

If you watch that particular part of the video again and again you will notice the camera STOPS zooming in on the center trio of balloons before the top right object zooms off to the upper right corner of the screen. Then the object stops again the camera focuses on the trio of balloons not zooming in on them, and the top right object again continues to move to the upper right of the screen.

The space between the object changes its not an illusion from zooming in on the center object. I made absolutely sure of that before I posted.

So again, can anyone else explain to me the portion of video from 2:45 to 2:55 where the object in the top right portion of the screen is displaying non-balloon type characteristics.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

I took that section of video and upped the contrast a bunch and dropped the blue and green levels to bring out the "texture" in the sky. You can see that as the object in the upper rights "moves" out of frame, the relative positions of the banding in the background moves as well, indicating the camera is zooming in.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Well, dates and times are very important here. I would be very interested in the exact date the OPs clip was shot. I think the 15th is the date CBS aired the clip but we really need to know for sure. That would put this to bed.

If you think the 13th or the 15th are of little significance, your wrong. You ascertain that these balloons were indeed from the large cluster that broke apart on the 13th. You can't be right for both dates.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Yes it is correct.

Again, the video was NOT shot on October 15th. It was shot on October 13th.

Here is an original CBS article from 10/13 that includes parts of the OP's video:

CBS - New Yorkers Mistake Balloons For UFOs

Watch the video in the above link.
edit on 1-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Are you suggesting that balloons could only be released on the 13th, and could not have also been released on the 15th?

Please read my post again, because I assume that you will see then what I said precisely.

link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

You cannot argue with some people they just don't get it.

Its ballons. I know not.

link   
Too bad nobody in New York owns a telescope, sure would be nice to see up close.
For my money, these events are plasma spheres, they are formed in electrical currents
and are usually seen around lightning, or when there are storm fronts near by.
The spheres seen around jet planes are also electrical, as high speed aircraft become
charged fro air friction, and start to create vortices around the plane. It is a vortex that
causes the most concentration of electrical energies, which create magnetic fields, and
then a plasma. Plasma can be very bright as it is highly reflective. They are Plasmoids.
A night shot camera would also help clear this up, as the plasmoids usually emit UV
photons, and sometimes at x-ray energies.

link   
reply to post by nataylor

Well I'll be a horses ass, thanks for that. Good eye to see that in the original footage. I thought for sure the upper right hand object was moving and it wasn't zooming. With the background textured you can see it is due to the camera zooming.

Thanks for taking the time to do that and upload it to answer my only question regarding this issue.

I would have to conclude the only non balloon behavior anomalies in the video are indeed camera operator and not object movement. So I'm with team balloon.

Thanks again

~sly~
edit on 1-12-2010 by Sly1one because: sentence structure

edit on 1-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by DisturbedToo

And you really have no doubt about it? They're just balloons in the wind?

I really try to see the balloons, but my good/common sense dont let me.

"Common sense" has to be the most richly endowed substance on the entire Earth. Everyone thinks they have enough, and they are always willing to give some to someone else. My own "common sense" tells me these are balloons and nothing to get excited about. Balloons are often the answer given, but that is likely what they usually are. It's not 'ridiculous' to say they are balloons. Where are you going to go with this? What do YOU think they are? The consensus on this thread and even in the video itself appears to be that we are looking at balloons. If you think this is something different, then the onus is upon you to show exactly why they are not balloons. Just saying so or ridiculing people who say they are is really not a strong argument. This vid is NOT going to take its place in the annals of UFO lore. It's nowhere near good enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

By that definition, yes I would certainly call this a UFO. I cannot identify what that is.

Does that mean it's an alien spacecraft of some sort? Doubtful. I agree with the balloon theory.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Hey Sev, what's your profile pic of? Just curious

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a related video of same phenomenon..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
reply to post by StarrGazer25

im pretty sure if i tied 3 white balloons together and released them , depending on wind conditions, it would look very much like the video.
i'm not in denial, im not a sceptic. my eyes receive information and then my brain tells me what it is.

then my brain tells me what it

your brain is wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Yes it is correct.

Again, the video was NOT shot on October 15th. It was shot on October 13th.

Here is an original CBS article from 10/13 that includes parts of the OP's video:

CBS - New Yorkers Mistake Balloons For UFOs

Watch the video in the above link.
edit on 1-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

I did watch the video and you are right, it was as it seems shot on October 13th.
So despite I had some problems with balloons tight together in the first place I think now that it is the most logical explanation for it.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Perhaps it was

project blue beam.??

People automatically assume the definition of "ufo" to be inclusive of 'aliens'.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've read through and taken on board all the reasons why they might be UFOs (which currently appears to be "because I want them to be") and all the reasons why they might be balloons (which currently appears to be "because they are").

I think that, in fairness, there is only one way to reach a conclusive end. Goodness knows we'll never reach one otherwise.

I propose that they are UFOs disguised as balloons.

My proof for this is that:

1. we do not know conclusively that they are balloons, therefore they are technically unidentified flying objects, and
  2. they appear to be balloons. A disguise is something that causes one object to "appear" to be another. As an object cannot be both "unidentified" and "identified as balloons" at the same time, we have a situation where one object (an unidentified one) appears to be another (balloons), therefore they are technically disguised.

Disprove that.

edit on 1-12-2010 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob
I've read through and taken on board all the reasons why they might be UFOs (which currently appears to be "because I want them to be") and all the reasons why they might be balloons (which currently appears to be "because they are").

I think that, in fairness, there is only one way to reach a conclusive end. Goodness knows we'll never reach one otherwise.

I propose that they are UFOs disguised as balloons.

My proof for this is that:

1. we do not know conclusively that they are balloons, therefore they are technically unidentified flying objects, and
  2. they appear to be balloons. A disguise is something that causes one object to "appear" to be another. As an object cannot be both "unidentified" and "identified as balloons" at the same time, we have a situation where one object (an unidentified one) appears to be another (balloons), therefore they are technically disguised.

Disprove that.

edit on 1-12-2010 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

excellent logic & reasoning! Star for that! Along with that the previous vid I posted disproves alot of what they can't be.. there's only one thing that keeps coming back to my mind..

How can they reflect such intensity at that distance.. ?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Concerned about Wikileaks? Here's a UFO light show to distract you.

Um, whoops, I mean balloons.

Well it was worth a try.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Baldur because: fix vid

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm in the balloon camp too I'm afraid.

If it was truly a UFO meandering around the sky above New York wouldn't there have been some sort of airforce action, some fighter jets scrambled or something? I mean there isn't even a news helicopter on the scene here....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i agree this is a UFO. but i dont see why everyone automatically thinks UFO then think alien. UFO as we all know is unidentified flying object. not Unidentified alien object. it could be something earthly

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
balloons

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join