It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

Wow, still not one person who thinks these are balloons has been able to post evidence for how these "balloons" can keep that triangle formation whilst rotating one way then the other etc.

Skeptics are getting really frustrated now.

Shouting balloons is all good but until theres evidence of the above, this video shows UFO's.

All i see in this thread is skeptics in denial.

And... how balloons just appear in the sky? don't balloons "drift" into the sky? since when do they transport themselves? Get real people!!!

I know personally for a fact UFO's are real, so this is not disturbing to me. It is clear this is not any of the above.

What scares me to death is how dim the intelligence is in the masses to not see what is in front of them.

If you cannot believe your lying eyes, what gives the right to comment? Here it is, and looking like hundreds of other good videos by good people who would not lie for any reason.

And the fact the NATO guy was told by the aliens himself months earlier they would appear that day???

I agreed that its a UFO, i think you have misread what i actually said

No I am agreeing. I just used your good comment to preface my own. Your observations are also my own. No problem here. I just talked to the group after highlighting your post.

We are in agreement my friend. Sorry for the confusion.

ZG

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp
Several things cause me to believe these are not balloons (not saying that the aliens are here either)...

Firstly, and this has been stated before, it seemed to me that the objects in the video were moving in what looked like a pattern. They were rotating around each other, but never straying further than a 1-2cm (on the screen, that is) away from one another. At first, I figured they could be tied together...but at some point, all that rotation would cause the rope/elastic/twine(etc) to get tangled and knotted. Thus, the "balloons" would be pulled slowly but surely together, as there would be less slack to go around. Eventually, they should have become so entangled as to never move apart from one another.

Again, as has been stated, the exact opposite happened, and then began to move further away from each other. This, in my mind, does not make logical sense. Throw in the sudden appearance of a few more objects, and you have something that is not 100% balloons, and thus gives us a UFO sighting..and one of the most prominent ones in recent memory.

Also...do balloons glow like that? Sun reflection aside, these balloons would have to be fairly high up in the atmosphere. Balloons are small, so there is less surface for the light to reflect off of. I doubt a balloon that high up would be visible to the naked eye "x" feet below. And LED lights would be all but useless during the day, as th sun provides so much light that they would be drowned out by it.

Good find!
GtkP

Star for excellent observation~! And I would agree on ALL your points .. refreshed below...

~

they could be tied together...but at some point, all that rotation would cause the rope/elastic/twine(etc) to get tangled and knotted. Thus, the "balloons" would be pulled slowly but surely together, as there would be less slack to go around. Eventually, they should have become so entangled as to never move apart from one another.[

~

and then began to move further away from each other. This, in my mind, does not make logical sense. Throw in the sudden appearance of a few more objects, and you have something that is not 100% balloons, and thus gives us a UFO sighting..and one of the most prominent ones in recent memory.
..something I wanted to add is, ALL the balloons are at equal distance from each other and do not seem to be moving closer nor further from each other.. even in high altitude.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No I am agreeing. I just used your good comment to preface my own. Your observations are also my own. No problem here. I just talked to the group after highlighting your post.

We are in agreement my friend. Sorry for the confusion.

ZG

I see now

Good to see not everyone is blind to what this video is showing.

I need to read up on that NATO guy who said this would happen, i thought i remembered someone predicting some sort of display

edit on 1-12-2010 by markjaxson because: nato not norad

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A note that should or might have been outlined before - I and well-most people here realize that three dots in the sky will always form a triangle. That's nothing to get hasty about (and that's what I actually hated in most recent sightings, how people were seeing triangle "formations" in the sky). However, triangle and triangular formation are two different things. Having three random objects, you have a triangle, having three random objects on equal distance from one another results in a equilateral triangle that's something much different. And this triangle now at least very much resembles a formation. The positions of the three seperate balloons or whatever, looked as if are always fixed from one another while rotating, still, it's good to note that perspective and distance play a role here, so I, personally, can't be certain. Also, what baffles me is that I didn't see them bounce off each other.

But if the first part of the video was missing, I woulde've shouted BALLOONS! Still, having it present, this adds a bit complexity to simply dismiss them.

Cheers!
edit on 1-12-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer PimpAt first, I figured they could be tied together...but at some point, all that rotation would cause the rope/elastic/twine(etc) to get tangled and knotted. Thus, the "balloons" would be pulled slowly but surely together, as there would be less slack to go around. Eventually, they should have become so entangled as to never move apart from one another.

That only works if the tether is... well, tethered to something.

If the tether is free to rotate as the balloons move around, then it would behave... like in the video.

The attention to detail in this disguise is pretty awe inspiring and a clear indication of intelligent design.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wait, I thought the media was trying to sell it as UFOs. So according to that logic, we should move away from the UFO theory

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by RUSSO

Some class of students bought a bunch of balloons for their teachers wedding and they got away. I saw the students on the news back in October.

Watch yourself there. Sheeple only believe what they see at the media trough. Only -1% of the news is real. Eat that every day and you will die of starvation. Mentally speaking of course.

Have a box of Depends on hand. It is just the beginning.

ZG

edit on 1-12-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wow, still not one person who thinks these are balloons has been able to post evidence for how these "balloons" can keep that triangle formation whilst rotating one way then the other etc.

Shouting balloons is all good but until theres evidence of the above, this video shows UFO's.

Listen my friend, we cant prove it is balloons. Can you prove it is not? Yeah, i didnt think so. Its all OPINION.
Trying to prove this opinion is like trying to prove the pyramids were built by aliens.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Skin,

I dont think a lot of people will get that analogy here. (I do though)

Originally posted by SKinLaB
Trying to prove this opinion is like trying to prove the pyramids were built by aliens.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
..something I wanted to add is, ALL the balloons are at equal distance from each other and do not seem to be moving closer nor further from each other.. even in high altitude.

That's a very good point and a good piece of evidence as well, though I bet the nay-sayers will come up with some rubbish about how, given the distance and trigonometry, every milimeter of perceived movement from 1000 meters away works out as an actual movement of a meter or some nonsense like that. Some people are just blind to the truth

It's UFOs, people. Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB

Listen my friend, we cant prove it is balloons. Can you prove it is not? Yeah, i didnt think so. Its all OPINION.

Balloons tied with string cannot explain what is shown in OP's video.

"I" dont need to prove anything.... the video does that for me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Then it would be a good idea to have a comparison between the NY objects
and three balloons tied together so here it is a comparison. Check both and
make your guess. Watch in full screen using the YouTube Link.

Video of 3 balloons tied together test courtesy of TheAmorphousCreature.
His link here.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Very similar i admit, but still doesnt explain how the triangle formation gets larger and larger whilst staying as an equilateral triangle. Unless strings expand at that latitude, which im pretty sure does not happen.

Also with the "three balloons" video you can clearly see them bump into each other, whereas in the "nyc" video this doesnt happen.

In the nyc footage they then turn into an Isosceles triangle (which is where people are saying the string broke) but still keeps inline with the other two orbs.

Did the wind just suddenly stop when the string broke? The turbulence thats needed to cause what we see would need to be pretty strong, so if one of the "balloons" did get detached it should not have kept in line with the other two balloons.

Plus you have the fact that these orbs where witnessed for hours, im pretty sure helium filled balloons dont last very long, especially at that altitude and temperature.

You simply cannot compare a 40 second clip and dismiss over 8 minutes from the rest of the footage.
edit on 1-12-2010 by markjaxson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Hmmmm I think you may be on to something.....Almost....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Come on, these are balloons tethered together, then they either separate or expand on a pre-arranged string system. Nothing some determined hoaxers couldn't come up with. As my name states, I'm a believer, but not in this. This is nothing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

this is very interesting to me because I saw something very similar to this a few years ago in sintra, portugal

it was legislative election day so í could never discard the possibility of white balloons just like these but at the same time I was sure that this could not be balloons...

it was a sunny day, clear sky 2005 legislative election sunday, don´t remember the month. the event took more than 2 hours, they were apparently spheres, white in color and behaved very oddly but not completely random in my opinion, they moved agains the wind that was very soft at ground level in numerous occasions some of them keeping equilateral triangle formations along more than 10 minutes these triangles moved from side to side, a 60 degrees angle aperture in about 10 minutes, unknown altitude or sphere size. occasionally one of the spheres at the vertices of the triangle was replaced by another that came from a long distance straight to that position.

some got larger and smaller, maybe they were approximating from the ground or moving farther.

At a point there were 20 to 30 spheres in the sky, some larger some smaller, the larger never bigger than twice the size of the medium size and the smaller approximately the same proportion.

I saw them when I was getting out of the supermarket, stayed a few minutes looking at them alone and the start calling everybody, 3 friends came to me at that place and saw them too and another friend say them from about 3 km away in a straight line from his home, his description by phone and later when we talked about it matched my description in size and all the rest, this makes me think that these objects could not be too close to the ground or the distance between me and my friend 3 kmts away would have caused a notable difference in our descriptions. I would risk to saw that these spheres were about 10 to 20 kmts high and with my arm stretched (about 80 centimeter) I could measure 2 to 3 millimeter the biggest ones in diameter.

edit on 1/12/10 by derfred33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sorry, but they are balloons. here's the proof: www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
At first I thought 3 balloons tied together,but when they broke apart and circled around,changed formation and did a triangle with a large gap between and stayed still,its UFO. unless someone can show me a invisible rope that can magically extend several meters and keep a object still. the fact that a 4th and 5th object appears also is evidence that these are not just balloons like they originally appeared.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Team Balloon 5 - 0 Team Leprechauns & Fairies

Team Balloon: Special weapon - Common Sense: Weakness - Helium

Team Leprechauns & Fairies: Special weapon - Youtube: Weakness - Bonnet syndrome

Only joking...

Dr Cosma - Probably needs to go to bed

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What kind of communication system are balloons capable of these days? Serious question!

Did you hear what the one balloon said to the other as they were floating towards a developing hurricane? "Oh no we are goners"! the other one exclaimed, "Oh my God a talking balloon!".

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join