It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Several things cause me to believe these are not balloons (not saying that the aliens are here either)...

Firstly, and this has been stated before, it seemed to me that the objects in the video were moving in what looked like a pattern. They were rotating around each other, but never straying further than a 1-2cm (on the screen, that is) away from one another. At first, I figured they could be tied together...but at some point, all that rotation would cause the rope/elastic/twine(etc) to get tangled and knotted. Thus, the "balloons" would be pulled slowly but surely together, as there would be less slack to go around. Eventually, they should have become so entangled as to never move apart from one another.

Again, as has been stated, the exact opposite happened, and then began to move further away from each other. This, in my mind, does not make logical sense. Throw in the sudden appearance of a few more objects, and you have something that is not 100% balloons, and thus gives us a UFO sighting..and one of the most prominent ones in recent memory.

Also...do balloons glow like that? Sun reflection aside, these balloons would have to be fairly high up in the atmosphere. Balloons are small, so there is less surface for the light to reflect off of. I doubt a balloon that high up would be visible to the naked eye "x" feet below. And LED lights would be all but useless during the day, as th sun provides so much light that they would be drowned out by it.

Good find!

GtkP

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I just don't see Balloons.It actually looks like they are under some sort of intelligent control as the film continues.Some people may see Balloons,some may see other objects,but whatever they are,they still remain unexplained.Some people would never accept UFO's,even if they landed on the roof of their house,but equally,some people are too quick to claim everthing in the skies are UFO's.I suppose,one day,all will become clear,and we won't have to guess any more,but that will take the fun out of UFO sightings.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nice waste of time filming balloons. No disrespect to op but these are identified. Not UFO

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zeppo2

they are balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Parachute jumpers free falling with some sort of light on them.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think Occam’s razor quote would work best here.

The simplest solution tends to be the best one.

I'm one for finding out the truth, but from reviewing the video till the end, I still see it as balloons.
I'm tempted to go out, buy some yellow balloons, fill with helium, tie them up and see what happens. I kinda expect to see the same results.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Some class of students bought a bunch of balloons for their teachers wedding and they got away. I saw the students on the news back in October.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
~>The skeptic in me wants to say they are balloons.

The curious part of me wants to say no, no, look closer..

The way the err so called balloons kept going into a triangle formation is odd, and also the way they moved at times you can see the movement in unison as if they were in a cadence of such.

but ya if I get logical they're balloons. Whatever the case if they were UFO's or balloons however you look at it now almost 2 months ago. It was not all that important folks.

really. really, I mean really.. Not that important..
edit on 1-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
May I add that simply looking at them with your eyes will not produce the same effect. YOu will have the use the exact same camera with the exact exposure settings. Then you can compare by looking at the new balloons on film.

Originally posted by Nocturnalfear
I think Occam’s razor quote would work best here.

The simplest solution tends to be the best one.

I'm one for finding out the truth, but from reviewing the video till the end, I still see it as balloons.
I'm tempted to go out, buy some yellow balloons, fill with helium, tie them up and see what happens. I kinda expect to see the same results.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

why wouldent 3 objects from that point of view take any other shape? 3 points viewed 1 demensionally will always be in the shape of a triangle unless they are in a straight line. So the whole idea that they stayed in a triangle formation proves nothing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That's a U.F.O. if I've ever seen one (which I have). I think it's funny people are quick to just call it balloons. At first I thought it was the Triforce from the Ocarina of Time.
But later in the video they spread apart and stayed stationary. If you've ever seen a balloon in the sky you would know that they float up until they burst and follow air current. Whatever is in this video was controlled and maneuvered.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ha yeah I remember seeing this clip when I was in NYC It's pretty good clip listen I don't care who you are or what ya say......balloons don't say stationary like that in one spot then spread apart and stay in spot??

Let's be serious about that and think about it real quick lol doesn't make sense to say yeah those are balloons. And as memory serves me correctly I was in NYC that day and it was pretty windy so what happens with balloons at a time like that? Drift....eventually pop after certain altitude...they don't stick around one spot.....yeah.

At night around this date I looked on earthcam for midtown and there was crap loads of these ball shaped things. I wish to god I saved these on my jump drive there back on my other hdd.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

First off, hey op are these things stationary up until four minutes or were you following them the whole time?

Secondly, the three that are closest together look to have balloon like quality/movement...but then when you see the other two come into frame, it becomes questionable. And usually balloons are multicolored unless it was intentional and there's a pretty good spread between the two groups.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be
reply to post by Bicent76

why wouldent 3 objects from that point of view take any other shape? 3 points viewed 1 demensionally will always be in the shape of a triangle unless they are in a straight line. So the whole idea that they stayed in a triangle formation proves nothing.

Except that it does. If you're pretending to be a balloon, then you would make sure you act in the same way a balloon acts to avoid detection. Therefore, the fact that they are acting exactly like balloons can only be proof of an intelligent controlling mind trying to avoid detection.

Further, if they were seen to be acting like alien UFOs this would clearly disprove the theory that there is an intelligent controlling mind, as that mind (who is trying to convince you they are just balloons) would deliberately not let them act like an alien UFO.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow, still not one person who thinks these are balloons has been able to post evidence for how these "balloons" can keep that triangle formation whilst rotating one way then the other etc.

Skeptics are getting really frustrated now.

Shouting balloons is all good but until theres evidence of the above, this video shows UFO's.

All i see in this thread is skeptics in denial.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They can't be hot air balloons because they move too quick.
They can't be 3 balloons tied together because they are too BIG.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Wow, still not one person who thinks these are balloons has been able to post evidence for how these "balloons" can keep that triangle formation whilst rotating one way then the other etc.

Shouting balloons is all good but until theres evidence of the above, this video shows UFO's.

And... how balloons just appear in the sky? don't balloons "drift" into the sky? since when do they transport themselves? Get real people!!!

I know personally for a fact UFO's are real, so this is not disturbing to me. It is clear this is not any of the above.

What scares me to death is how dim the intelligence is in the masses to not see what is in front of them.

If you cannot believe your lying eyes, what gives the right to comment? Here it is, and looking like hundreds of other good videos by good people who would not lie for any reason.

And the fact the NATO guy was told by the aliens himself months earlier they would appear that day???

Sheeple make to much noise when confused and scared. Just watch. It is real, and you are not the only semi-intelligent organism in the universe folks. (Thank God!). Deal with it or stay asleep and clueless. The rest of us will watch in wonder as we discover a universe full of wonder and possibilities beyond our meager imaginations.

Truth is hard to swallow for small minds. Maybe such people should open there minds and let their brain fall out. It does not seem to be doing them any good in there anyway.

If tomorrows NASA announcement is about the possibility life on Saturn's Titan I will believe there is a slow burning disclosure happening across the planet's semi-civilized world.

ZG

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
iF balloons could someone explain this for me? I realy dont think its a reflection.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39cb5fd6151d.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1-12-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by RUSSO

Some class of students bought a bunch of balloons for their teachers wedding and they got away. I saw the students on the news back in October.

Watch yourself there. Sheeple only believe what they see at the media trough. Only -1% of the news is real. Eat that every day and you will die of starvation. Mentally speaking of course.

Have a box of Depends on hand. It is just the beginning.

ZG

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

Originally posted by markjaxson

And... how balloons just appear in the sky? don't balloons "drift" into the sky? since when do they transport themselves? Get real people!!!

I know personally for a fact UFO's are real, so this is not disturbing to me. It is clear this is not any of the above.

What scares me to death is how dim the intelligence is in the masses to not see what is in front of them.

If you cannot believe your lying eyes, what gives the right to comment? Here it is, and looking like hundreds of other good videos by good people who would not lie for any reason.

And the fact the NATO guy was told by the aliens himself months earlier they would appear that day???

I agreed that its a UFO, i think you have misread what i actually said

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join