It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I saw the vids and although I believe there could be something out there, I think it some kind of balloons, sorry.
I read some peoples comments saying that they were in a weird triangle shape and all.
This is why I post this vid, just to show it can be faked.

I would love to believe this but not enough evidence that says anything along the lines of an alien spacecraft, more like some kind of balloons?
I dont know im not an expert but its just what I see and what my gut feeling tells me.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No, its not baloons

Sorry OP, but yes it is balloons.

Next

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

So, your counter-argument for why there was no such response, is that well, it would have created a panic? Your position is that those charged with our defense would instead just sit back, and allow unidentified crafts to mass over NYC?

Or, did they not panic because it was a bunch of balloons in the sky from planned (and media-covered) balloon releases during the day?

Which explanation really makes more sense?

9 years ago ring a bell?

Without derailing this thread any more than it already has, the focus should be on the video and not how the government or msm would have responded to this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
How much '___' do I need to ingest before I can convince myself these are UFOs? I've already taken a lot...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Hi, thanks for the video, it's good to let people know that such, pardon me, idiots exist who make a business out of creating fake UFOs...

I would like to ask you for an opinion on something, though... It doesn't make much sense to me that on that day along with all the various balloons that were released, there was someone who was intentionally trying to fake a UFO? I'm not saying it's impossible, all I'm saying that it's very improbable.. And what's your opinion on that part? Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking, I'm interested in the discussion

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Asyra

Nice first post and welcome to ATS... You DID contribute to this thread very much indeed...

p.s. I need to turn off the sarcasm option as it seems to be taking it's toll on me today. But I do appreciate good conversation without senseless comments, intended on putting down the OP.. I am surprised that we still continue seeing UFO videos at all, cos what's the point, they're all balloons and lanterns...

p.s.p.s. When I see obvious (IMO) balloons and lanterns (which I do hate) I simply keep my mouth shut and move along... Don't understand why it's so hard for other people to do this..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by markjaxson

I'm sorry mark but to me, when he zooms in, you can see balloons, it's not a different story.
Many have posted that on the day lots of balloons were released. Which is more logical, these being the same balloons released or aliens in a craft that is strikingly similar to balloons in the wind?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
THOSE ARE THE YELLOW BALLOONS FROM BEFORE

Wow.. Seriously??? Not balloons???? You can even see that they are tied together with how they move around, you can even see when it reaches it's limit and bounces back just a tiny bit, then suddenly the lower one finally breaks free....

LOL

Not balloons.... hahahaha
edit on 1-12-2010 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Perhaps it's so hard because it's a tad difficult to ignore people saying they feel bad for us because we don't think obvious balloons are UFOs. I'm not one to argue that UFOs are fake, never existed, and were never covered up, but I mean...come on. Coooooome on. C'mon.

Anyway, Thanks for the welcoming, but I'll continue posting in manners of my choice.

Edit: Check out these UFOs.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Asyra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Thats fine with me, you see a news channel filming balloons and i see a news channel filming Unidentified Flying Objects.

Your explanation is as valid as mine and vice versa, believe what you want.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Come on Russo, I knew within 5 seconds they were ballons. Have you checked your eyesight recently?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asyra

I do tend to believe it's more probable for these to be balloons, rather than aliens hovering above New York with a god knows what agenda... However, I don't bash the OP and the others that don't believe they're balloons. And because I, myself, taking in consideration the simple fact none of the three balloons never bounced of another when they were rotating rapidly (the begining of the video) and were keeping a very constant distance one from another, I can't help but to think otherwise of balloons.. Either this, or there was wind coming from the rope knot in the center, towards all directions making the balloons not touch each other even once. Don't get the message wrong, I still consider these being balloons much more probable than them being alien in origin... But I don't think they're balloons

Cheers, and enjoy your stay here, I still hope you didn't misunderstand my message from my previous post

edit on 1-12-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: add

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It is obviously something tied in a linear form...Nothing extraterrestrial, they must be balloons...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Well, I guess it's just as fair to call them UFOs, as the term is vague. Even if they are balloons, if you don't know what they are, they're unidentified, and those balloons are certainly flying objects... UFOs i suppose.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi there, I am confused as to why there is so much of an argument in here. After much observation, I beleive these to be helium balloons, however, no matter how strong my beleif, I can't tell you that this is definately the case, I dont have the right or the authority to do that, nobody does. it is your right to make up your mind in whichever direction the evidence takes you, and it takes different people in different directions. That is one wonderful aspect to "reality" you've got to wonder how much your beleif actually influences what you see, or even what onfolds as the future. We would all benefit from a little restraint in reviewing cases such as this, because it neither points in one direction or the other, easily explicable as helium balloons to some , definately alien spacecraft or anti-gravity experiments to others, one thing is for sure, we will get nowhere fighting over silly cases like this, discard this post, as it proves nothing, creates in-fighting and frankly makes anybody interested in the subject of ufology look ridiculous, and we could ALL do without that!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It looks like a few balloons..drats.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Asyra

Notice how they ALL dont stay in the same place,they get carried away in the wind, none of them get together to make a perfect triangle formation then start rotating back and forth whilst keeping that perfect triangle formation.

Balloons at a much higher altitude would help, from the release up until the balloons pop, and i guarantee you wont see anything like what is shown in the OP's video.

Nice video for the credibility towards a UFO explanation though

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by markjaxson

So I suppose extraterrestrials were interested in seeing the Balloon release held around the same time of this video. Interesting. I believe UFOs may have visited, but videos like this are why most people think "believers" are loonies.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I would think that yellow balloons would get dimmer with distance due to the at atmosphere. These "balloons" seems to be well-lit and highly visible from that distance. they look like lights.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
geez, so much fuss over 3 balloons
tied together with a string.
some will believe anything
pfffft

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join