It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This story was posted back in august. An urgent read!!!!!!!!

Read This!!!!!

If you can't read chinese, place this into google and translate it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
, but their is still one piece of the puzzle which must fall into place,, not sure what it is but still just does not seem SHTF
edit on 25-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
um well, I don't think N korea is interested in taking over the U.S.A, and China either, physicaly anyway, I thnk China wants to take us over financialy. I think if China takes a stand for N korea, N korea could win the war. But I'd say the odds right now are in favor for S Korea, because i'm not sure what China will do, it all depends on china.

Dude we're already in like Trillions of Dollars of Debt to China, i don't know why we're even talking about competing with China financially... also China has many allies... I would think if anything would happen North Korea will start the war (or at least be the blame for the start of it), China will probably want to help NK because since like you all say, NK will get majorly owned by USA, they will be #ing crazy and threaten China with nukes. I doubt China would want to get nuked by NK so they will be unwillingly dragged into war because NK is crazy. If NK is willing to risk their existence taking down SK, why not China who could be their greatest potential ally? China has such dense population and is so close to NK they wouldn't want to risk a nuke, though siding with NK will also mean they get nuked by USA or the EU either way.

tl;tr
If China decides not to do anything and even cut off NK, NK will probably attack China (this sounds logical to me but may sound like i'm retarded to you but bare in mind)
If China sides with USA and SK, it will get hit by NK
If China sides with NK, they will have to nuke SK and because China is a superpower, Russia will either attack or side with them, and then in line comes other asian countries by default such as Vietnam, Cambodia, ect... like these are all speculation but it sounds sort of reasonable. China did make USA withdraw from the Vietnam War just by the threat of getting involved, so Vietnam has the back of China.
Idk this is why its such a political issue. A small fission or misunderstanding can spell WWIII... i mean imagine it, if a war ensues between USA + SK with NK, then many troops will be withdrawn from all over the world, and if not, still Iraq will probably view this as the best time to strike back at america since USA is distracted... crazy crazy # will happen, its best to avoid war... there should just be a global treaty or something made that prohibits the manufactor, testing, and even possession of weapons of mass destruction. Doesn't matter if USA has 4000+ nukes that's probably enough radiation to # up the globe anyways. It probably is the end of the #ing world.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by byteshertz

I was doing volunter work at a "home" I heard this metally handicapped guy say the exact same thing.. He was a really nice guy.. but he was severely mentally handicapped.... I informed him of the following..

America is NOT fighting wars right now.. America is policing countries.. Nobody in this generation has seen the true power of the US military. No alliance of countries or super powers combined, could "win" the type of war that is being fought in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You do not have a military vs military situation.. You have militants hiding in the civilian population. They only show their true colors to launch a rocket, snipe a soldier or plant a road side bomb.. Then they run into a house with a family and continue daily life...

In the politically correct world we are living in, "wars" are fought with constant restraint...

One day... The US is going to have to fight for it's survival, and will completely throw political correctness to the way side... then and only then, will everyone see what we have to offer.

But I will reiterate my true feelings.. I want America to pull out every last troop from every last base on the planet.. Bring them all home.. Then, use our soldiers to fix our infastructure. Stay out of everyones business!

We are already paying them, lets use them to better our country...

Then .. our new foreign policy... We do not go to war unless we are attacked..
Scenario: A country attacks us.. We then roll up the sleeves and completely destroy that country.. Then we go take the land.. It is now ours.. If the people dont like it.. GET OUT... Its ours now..

This would take place ... maybe once.. then everyone would leave us the #$%^ alone!!

yea dude, too bad america isn't like Canada.... Canada doesn't # with anybody, nobody #s with Canada, ive heard unfortunately that america might have plans to invade canada which would be just utterly #ed up. Canada is such a chill country, why can't we be like them? they are defensive too, if someone attacks em they will meet resistance but Canada isn't being as aggressive as America in terms of policing the world... the way things go is that some places are bad places and some places are good places. Thats just the way it is, its better to not get involved than to be the one at war... then again without america scaring the # out of everyone there would be probably a whole lot more wars, would there not?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This is a very sticky situation too say the least. As far as IF a war would happen, I would have to say it would start out rather bad for the south. In my opinion they are too unprepared, whereas the North has been ready for 60 years. The south has guided tours for tourists though the Joint security area for goodness sake. But where it would go after the initial strike is up in the air. If China got involved it could end very badly for the south. But would China get involved? China has a lot to loose by getting involved, remember they have the fastest growing economy in the world, and most of that prosperity is thanks to trade with the U.S. and the west in general. What do you think would happen to all that trade if China joined the North in the war? But in my own opinion I don’t think China would risk losing all that revenue just to support the North. But weather China got involved or not it would be a very bloody and costly war, with many casualties on both sides, and number of casualties would make the losses in Iraq and Afghanistan look small. Lets all hope that this current situation settles itself. But I fear that it’s only a matter of time before a war starts, whether its now or 10 years from now, I unfortunately think it will be unavoidable.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You know, whenever scenario's of war involving North Korea or Iran are spoken of, one of the assumptions that always has to be made is that the leader of the country in question would be prepared for and willing to risk near annihilation of his people. Until I ( god forbid ) see it I just have to believe it's all posturing. What's to gain ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by belial259

hmmmm. Why can't it win? It has a massive standing army, a crazy, ruthless leader, and a whole bunch of guns pointed right at a super overpopulated country. Also they have nuclear weapons, and China, wherever they may stand.

When they do it they'll use Blitzkrieg tactics. Force concentration at a narrow point and RAM!
Through they run, like a endless wave of crazed fanatics!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Don't need USA troops, South Korea will be using their own well trained and equipped troops. We will just nuke North Korea if we had a decent US President instead of a commie-loving President.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

No winners, just a matter of 'who loses the least', IMHO.

War with DPRK is a worst-case scenario...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join