It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"The puppet group dared make an uproar over 'a provocation' from someone and cry out for 'punishment' like a thief crying 'Stop the thief!'" the North's KCNA news agency said.'

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"The fact that they have indiscriminately fired upon a defenseless civilian zone was a brutally inhumane action, an illegal and intentional action against the U.N. constitution and the armistice between the North and South Korea."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

now my opinion, war will happen with North Korea, I don't know when, but with tensions this high and the world changing around us, I think it's inevidable.

So my question, who do you think would win? Our troops are spread too think and I think N Korea know that, on the other hand they have China, a growing super power. Where will they stand when war erupts?

Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I think this attack and the revelations about the nuclear enrichment are just a ploy to gain more concessions at the bargaining table. North Korea must know it can't actually beat South Korea in a fight, let alone it's allies.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I agree it will happen sooner than we think. Everyone is to busy worried about Christmas shopping and turkey day

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

hmmmm. Why can't it win? It has a massive standing army, a crazy, ruthless leader, and a whole bunch of guns pointed right at a super overpopulated country. Also they have nuclear weapons, and China, wherever they may stand.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

ha ha ya, sheeple just go on with their daily lives I got online to see what was up with the korean conflict yesterday and the first thing I saw was that miley cirus turned 18.

pathetic

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
he's hot!

sMod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 24/11/10 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Comparison of North and South Korea military

Throw in the US, Japan, Australia possibly some others. How can North Korea win? Their military isn't very advanced and they can only get supplies from China. How long could they last in a real fight? They would certainly lose any hope of sea or air supremacy almost instantly, along with their naval and air forces.

Obviously the way to break the country is to stop supplies crossing the Chinese boarder one way or the other. China may be a powerful country but it simply doesn't have the naval capacity to stage a major breakout in the region as there are many island nations with powerful air forces in this region. They would have no choice but to cooperate. Or at least be seen to be cooperating.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't put it past either Korea to fire at each other. EVENTUALLY there will be some sort of escalated conflict in this area. To think otherwise would ignore the realities of the situation.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
our troops are not spread to thin. dont forget we fought Japan and the Germans in WW2 dont under estimate the USA. this country if fully capible of fighting in koria along side its allies
edit on 24-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
this war would not be about who wins, it would be about showing power that they are not afraid of starting one, too see if we have the nerve to respond with force, a sine of weakness to them a sine of self restraint to us, how far are they willing to go?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by glaucon
I wouldn't put it past either Korea to fire at each other. EVENTUALLY there will be some sort of escalated conflict in this area. To think otherwise would ignore the realities of the situation.

They have been taking pot shots at each other across the DMZ for decades. THIS is nothing new. What is new is the younger generation waking up to the facts and reality of the situation. Here is the funniest thing I've heard all day regarding this situation it's North Korea's response and explanation of the situation.

That has to be the saddest Orwellian type radio broadcast I've heard in a long time....

"The South Korean Puppets" They actually have the nerve to call South Korea a "Puppet" Meanwhile South Korea Has trade agreements with hundreds of nations around the world, their people are free to move about the globe and post opposing views at anytime they wish of their own Government are more politically and economically freer than North Korea, which relies heavily on Chinese hand me downs, controls their population with an Iron fist, crushes any opposing view with brutality and refuses to allow North Koreans to travel abroad freely.

Interesting perspective.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

www.aolnews.com...

Read the link N korea wouldn't even have to move ground troops to bring seoul to the ground, I'm not saying they could win but they could give the south absoulte hell.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Comparison of North and South Korea military

Throw in the US, Japan, Australia possibly some others. How can North Korea win? Their military isn't very advanced and they can only get supplies from China. How long could they last in a real fight? They would certainly lose any hope of sea or air supremacy almost instantly, along with their naval and air forces.

Obviously the way to break the country is to stop supplies crossing the Chinese boarder one way or the other. China may be a powerful country but it simply doesn't have the naval capacity to stage a major breakout in the region as there are many island nations with powerful air forces in this region. They would have no choice but to cooperate. Or at least be seen to be cooperating.

actually the peoples liberation navy has undergone rapid modernisation since the early 90's and is the second largest navy in the world now with a service personel very close to the usa with over 250,000 .

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
even the south koreans call their government a puppet of the US
especially after the os regarding the chousen turned out to be false
the torpedo is german

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have a question that I haven't seen raised yet.

If North Korea really only targeted "civilian" areas, how is it that 50% of the people killed were South Korean military soldiers?

When the U.S. kills civilians, we call them "casualties of wars", or "collateral damage".

My point is, are we really sure that NK didn't target valid military targets? The people who got killed is strong evidence for this, and that's a fact. Why aren't the civilians who got killed considered "collateral damage"?
edit on 24-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

look at the fighting going on now, there is a big difference, we cry bo ho over 4000 in what almost 10 years, try the same number in one hour, see how fast we would say stop the war! ask for peace! so on so forth, no the USA has had it's day of glory, we have be come sheep and complacent, look the TSA! The days of FDR are long gone, IKE would not stand for it, and i think RR is rolling in his grave.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

it's different now, we didn't have a 2 financialy draining wars going on for 10 years army bases with troops literaly all over the world, nuclear bombs, etc. Things about us are just different now, we had a constotution back then, our people were tougher, everyones weapons were less ineficient. I'm not underestimating us i'm just saying our troops ARE spread thin. 28,500 to over a million strong. That's not spread to thin?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

you are right it is a mil base that was hit, in the first reports both sides said it then MSM puts its spin on it, the shots have been fired now we watie to see who gets the fist Punch in , did you know the Air Craft Carrier Gorge Washington is on it's way for war game's in the area, now if is was the NK i would say that is provocation, could we see anew war at the end NOV?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

yes, thats a VERY good question, our media is incredibly one sided, when war finaly does break out, our media will say it was N korea's fault, no matter how it acutlly happened.

As to your question, I have no answer except if they did target valid millitary facilities we would never know about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This guy can claim what he wants, but historically, countries led by outright whacko-nutjobs have not fared well in conflict.

Above all else, you'd figure this rodent of a human being would have researched that a bit more in depth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join