It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 8thwonder

Kim has everything to lose. His Dynasty, if he loses that Kim loses North Korea, and so it falls to western powers. That something he could never stand for or let ever happen , ever. Kim him slef has much to lose The entire country of North Korea.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

SEOUL, Nov. 26 (Yonhap) -- Police are investigating an online community that is praising North Korea for its deadly attack on a front-line South Korean island earlier this week, officials said Friday.

Very interesting article here.....

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
edit on 25-11-2010 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Kim doesn't care about his people and it's obvious he's not afraid of a war. South Korea has a lot to lose, there a modern well developed country, unlike N korea. No matter who wins, it will be intense.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Sounds like S korea lacks freedom of speech. But it's no different from us in vietnam. Our citizens were prosecuted for speaking against our governmets actions.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You’re very up-to-date on this matter. This is probably the most accurate response I have read. Because this is how it usually goes down. I was thinking along the same lines, not to mention my past experience tells me this to.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm almost sure the North Koreans have gotten the Chinese made knock offs.

Starred for putting the lie to the AK can't shoot straight, I've seen a 47 variety held at arms length and empty a mag into a target 80m away on full auto, the AK74 is 5.45mm NKorea make their own with the AK 74 model being called the Type 88.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I was doing volunter work at a "home" I heard this metally handicapped guy say the exact same thing.. He was a really nice guy.. but he was severely mentally handicapped.... I informed him of the following..

America is NOT fighting wars right now.. America is policing countries.. Nobody in this generation has seen the true power of the US military. No alliance of countries or super powers combined, could "win" the type of war that is being fought in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You do not have a military vs military situation.. You have militants hiding in the civilian population. They only show their true colors to launch a rocket, snipe a soldier or plant a road side bomb.. Then they run into a house with a family and continue daily life...

In the politically correct world we are living in, "wars" are fought with constant restraint...

One day... The US is going to have to fight for it's survival, and will completely throw political correctness to the way side... then and only then, will everyone see what we have to offer.

But I will reiterate my true feelings.. I want America to pull out every last troop from every last base on the planet.. Bring them all home.. Then, use our soldiers to fix our infastructure. Stay out of everyones business!

We are already paying them, lets use them to better our country...

Then .. our new foreign policy... We do not go to war unless we are attacked..
Scenario: A country attacks us.. We then roll up the sleeves and completely destroy that country.. Then we go take the land.. It is now ours.. If the people dont like it.. GET OUT... Its ours now..

This would take place ... maybe once.. then everyone would leave us the #$%^ alone!!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

We all know he does not care about the people, the entire world know that. What he cares about is projection of power and total rule. To his countries peoples’ he is the big guy on the block. Kim himself knows ,the country does not have much in terms of an economy or for that matter not much of anything. But he needs his Dynasty rule.( i.e. his son) and someone to back him up on that. China is getting close to not playing his game either. There are many other factors in play here, some I can tell you are the economic situations of china. I don’t think they will risk going to war helping NK. The south will not go to war though , and neither will the North.

edit on 25-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

well sinking a ship and shelling an island are both acts of WAR, so I don't think he's too worried about starting confrintations. Also China is getting close to not playing his game? You don't know that, no one does, thats why this situation is so sticky because no one knows what China is going to do, when war finaly does break out. Also, factors you can't tell me? Please go on.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Ok I see my mistake Word did "cannot" in my spell check. it's suppose to read.
There are many other factors in play here,some I can tell you some the economic situations of china. I don’t think they will risk going to war helping NK. The south will not go to war though.

sort of made me sound like a spy. lol

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Perhaps the recently signed defense contract with the US to purchase more K-9's and F-15's...

Or even the new Defence minister will have an effect on this situation.....

af.reuters.com...

www.upi.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

no big deal man, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, becasue I think N Korea wants a fight, and with the old S korean defense minister out of the way, who know what could happen.

abovetopsecret.com...

He may not be as much as a pussy.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Exctly, theres a lot of money to be made in war, and besides that the new S korean defence minister might not be so ready to watch his nations people get attacked, injured, and killed.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I have to agree with you on the new defence minister, I think he will be quicker on the trigger, let's just hope it isn't a decision made lightly with so many peoples futures riding on his decision....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Exactly Slayer, this has been going on for years it has just gotten media attention this time.

Testing the waters again.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by glaucon
I wouldn't put it past either Korea to fire at each other. EVENTUALLY there will be some sort of escalated conflict in this area. To think otherwise would ignore the realities of the situation.

They have been taking pot shots at each other across the DMZ for decades. THIS is nothing new. What is new is the younger generation waking up to the facts and reality of the situation. Here is the funniest thing I've heard all day regarding this situation it's North Korea's response and explanation of the situation.

That has to be the saddest Orwellian type radio broadcast I've heard in a long time....

"The South Korean Puppets" They actually have the nerve to call South Korea a "Puppet" Meanwhile South Korea Has trade agreements with hundreds of nations around the world, their people are free to move about the globe and post opposing views at anytime they wish of their own Government are more politically and economically freer than North Korea, which relies heavily on Chinese hand me downs, controls their population with an Iron fist, crushes any opposing view with brutality and refuses to allow North Koreans to travel abroad freely.

Interesting perspective.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bravo40
everybody talks about how SUPERIOR the USA is in regards to military strength but what about CHINAS computer hacking abilities??? didnt they hack into our systems a few times already ??? cant immagine war with them NOT involving some type of computer war being involved ........ hell they can even shoot down satalites if it came down to that ...... im not onboard the hype train when technology is involved the russians proved that durring WW2 . i think that will be americas downfall come WW3 ...take away our technology and we are TOAST on the ground

Possibly te best point made in this thread.

We all know America have some of the worst security when it comes to computers connected to the web, wheather it be a private or public network. Look at NASA, FBI & CIA for example. Scores of hackers from all over the globe, most hailing from China & Russia are constantly eavesdropping on top secret files.

Not only that but these hackers have the ability to control that computer from any location on the planet (internet zones off-course). Knowing America being the Tech savy nation we see today. I wouldn't be surpirsed if the Nuclear football or any other firing system could be accessed by hackers and controlled at will. China may not even need to fire a bullet. All they'll need to do is shut them down or even program them to hit whichever nation they choose.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Well, I agree that cyber wars are VERY serious and if China were to just shut off our power grid everything would go into chaos. It's a scary thought really! But I wouldn't underestimate the United States, being the "tech savy country we see today" I think we'd have some tricks up our sleeves to.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Some Chinese news. Seems to only be talking about U.S. & not in a good way. If things persist, there may very well be WW3

I'm not good with Chinese, and some seems to not make since. I don't know how credible this source is either.

Chinese News

If you want to translate, just go to google and translate it.
edit on 11/25/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: Fix Link

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I starred your post thankyou, I think we have to potential world wars, the Isreal Iran conflict, and the N korean, S korean conflict! SWHTF

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

The US is not invincible. And has not faced a modern military superpower in a VERY long time.

What country has?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join