It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
everybody talks about how SUPERIOR the USA is in regards to military strength but what about CHINAS computer hacking abilities??? didnt they hack into our systems a few times already ??? cant immagine war with them NOT involving some type of computer war being involved ........ hell they can even shoot down satalites if it came down to that ...... im not onboard the hype train when technology is involved the russians proved that durring WW2 . i think that will be americas downfall come WW3 ...take away our technology and we are TOAST on the ground

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Currently, China is making it look like it was South Korea's fault that NK fired BACK to SK. Not including the fact that they really didnt speak up on the sinking of the SK naval ship.

As per the info i posted above:

The rest of the world may consider North Korea the ultimate rogue state, but China has a long and close connection with its hermit neighbor. After all, during the Korean War, Beijing sent wave after wave of People's Liberation Army soldiers to fight on the North's behalf. Chairman Mao Zedong famously called the relationship between the communist bedfellows as close "as lips and teeth." Even as North Korea's intransigence and unpredictability has grown, China has hesitated to criticize its isolated ally too harshly. The reasoning is simple: not only do the countries share a historical ideological bond, but Beijing wants to avoid a collapse of the North Korean regime lest a deluge of refugees flood over into northeastern China.

Seems like China is still in between the two, publicly they are taking the neutral to NK route, who knows whats going on behind the scenes. China is already moving away from the US dollar any ways!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They're starting to get nervious in that area of the world . . .

Philippines worried?

A 24-hour embassy hotline has been activated to assist Filipinos as the embassy is on heightened alert, Conejos said, adding that Filipinos who voluntarily want to come home at this point may do so.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No matter the outcome, North Korea will eventually win South Korea. Because North has nothing to lose compare to the South. Now South, they have way too much to lose. Just by blowing up the city of Seoul, North has already won the war.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yeah, I dont think many understand the magnitude of N.Korea's firepower let alone their troop numbers
We must keep in mind that N.K is one of the(if not the) most ready for war countries of our time. Their leader(s) seems to be itching to yell "fire" and press the RED button(s).

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Have been researching about N Korea on the web since these recent developments. Some interesting info on their military resources if true here:

www.globalsecurity.org...

Not some of the most modern equipment, but i cant see their military personell giving up - i think they will fight to the death if told to - could get very messy !

They also seem to have biological and chemical weapons which they will use (let alone nuclear).

Reseach Camp 22 North Korea - where they experiment their chemicals on prisonners.

I would hope a war does not happen, but think it is innevitable - will start at arrival of us fleet or shortly after

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think the wild card with NK is that they are not likely to abide by the sensibilities western powers follow. Would we shell civilians openly? (im sure we do but claim it is an accident)

I think any confrontation will show how many rules and regulations we follow compared to an enemy that is hell bent on winning.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don’t think there is going to be a war on the Korean peninsula I have a number of reasons for this. The first reason is some information I have that I cannot disclose about China’s intentions for the DPRK in short China will not support DPRK and it is possible China themselves will attack DPRK.

Aside form that war is not possible for a number of other reasons, such as South Korea’s economic status. Currently South Korea are a major emerging economic power in Asia as such it is unlikely that they would risk this by going to war with DPRK. They would not risk their states economic prowess to go to war with their communist neighbour regardless of what support they have or don’t have.

Then of course there is the uncertainty in DPRK just now with the uncertainty about who exactly is in power. It appears that Kim Jong-ill is about to hand power over to his son however no one can be sure about this until the new leader is formally announced. These domestic problems in DPRK suggest that the recent attacks might be the result of an attempt to boost domestic support prior to the new leadership talking over. Or it could be that the hierarchy of power has become even less stable that it appears to western observers and these attacks are the result of rouge military units, however in my opinion the latter is more likely.

Then there is the nuclear problem any war with DPRK does have an increased risk of a nuclear detonation, bearing in mind that neither South Korea nor Japan have an active nuclear deterrent. With this in mind a peaceful solution becomes the preferred course of action both at a international level and at a national level for all those concerned.

There would be further international considerations have to be taken to include the 28000 American troops in the region. America cannot afford right now to get into a war in Asia as well as have forces speared throughout the middle east on NATO missions.

I personally think that China is going to utilise its influence over DPRK to defuse current tensions through back channels. Long term I believe that China are going to reduce energy and other supplies to DPRK with an eventual goal to take DPRK either through diplomatic pressure or possible by force. However that could be 5 years into the future possible more.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
China is the worlds new super power.

They have more people, more industry, more technology, and are much smarter.

I think of the USA as depicted in Avatar... using brute strength to overcome any obstacle. China is more of using the most efficient way and will have better tactics if put in a World War 3 situation.

I'd want to be on China's side... Just sayin..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Look, those bozo North Korean big boys better not think of trying any of their old tricks with the U.S. watchin.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Captain... Are you just here to rile him up? Grow up and get over YOURSELF!.. I believe that the US is invinsible. (pick at me)
I do not think that there are 2 countries combined that could take on the military complex called America. I base this on Tech... and standing hardware, and FACTS!!

Your opinion of america's weakness is based on hatred of our foreign policy and our Govt. But... Dont be ignorant of the facts.. Nobody in this generation has seen even 25% of the full force of the US military. You have seen a politically correct / neutered military....When the time finally comes for this country to take the gloves off and fight for survival, you doubters will be in the nearest bomb shelter, wondering who unleashed hell upon the world. Period!!!

Do you think they have spent all of this money and technology on 2nd place? You are the one that needs to get over yourself.

Our Govt. is crap.. Our foreign policy is crap... But our military is like a nicely polished 63 vette sitting in the garage, just waiting for us to put the minivan away and take it for a ride!

Am I here to rile him up? Absolutely n ot, in fact, it was he who engaged me in the conversation.

You truly think america is invincible? There's no point in arguing you on this-if you truly feel this way, you will only change your mind when the inevitable comes.

Tech, standing hardware, and facts? So you know what china has developed in the last 40 years? You know the clandestine projects that Russia has been undertaking? You should be working for the gov't with that kind of intel.

I never once said america was weak, but nice leap there. America is not weak, but she CERTAINLY isn't the only one with strength. You assumption that she is is based off of propaganda and prejudice.

Do you think america is the only one spending money and devoting themselves to tech?? Do you think other nations do this for second place?

There's a thing you're absolutely missing here, above all else. Other nations will fight fire with fire. And with enough fire power, everyone is dead.

Again, arrogance is a weakness.
edit on 25-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

on the other hand they have China, a growing super power

Hehe had to chuckle - China is THE super power, if the line between US and china was blurry in the past the 2008 crash has bought focus. China will dominate anyone and anything that stands in it's way, the only reason they wouldnt - besides any moral's they have - is simply because it is in their best interests to keep peace as they are the suppliers of the world and need their customers, especially their biggest one - good ol' US of A

So as far as US of A going up against north Korea, I think the US will obviously come out on top, but I think it would be a much bigger battle than anyone would expect because of the terrain and military strength of north korea. But if china steps in, you best be hoping it is to help the USA not north korea like in the past or you are going to see one hell of a rumble in the jungle that will see the end of the US as we know it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Although China has a very strong military, you don't know what they have and neither does anyone else. To say they are stronger than America is foolish, we have a top notch military, thats not to say our military is stronger than theirs, but it sure isn't weaker, i'd say if we ever went to war both sides would give each other hell.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Mate you guys havnt even conquered guys with homemade explosives yet how are you going to conquer a nation that holds a 3rd of the worlds population and is geared towards war. Your technology is amazing, but as shown in Iraq and afghanistan unconventional tactics are capable of amazing feats. Besides china wouldnt need to go to war with you because they could run you broke in no time and all that tech you have would be worthless metal without constant funding

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
double post
edit on 25-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

well while your right about us going broke, you forgett we did defeat them, we just can't occupy them, and if we can't occupy them I don't think any other country would do any better. I never mentioned occupying China, I said in a war we would both give each other hell, you disupte that? China can't even take taiwon back, you think were scared of them?

ps: i'm not saying we would defeat China i'm just saying bringing up our occupation of the middle east is a weak argument because I never mentioned occupying China I said if we went to war with them, and if you want to bring up actual war we wooped Iraq's "army" in less than a week, the occupation that ensued us winning is what screwed us over.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

on the other hand they have China, a growing super power

Hehe had to chuckle - China is THE super power,

You had a chuckle while I spat up my scotch reading your reply. They will be someday a Super Power but as of today they are far from it.

China's GDP = Gross Domestic Product total was $4.9 trillion in 2009

United States GDP = Gross Domestic Product total was $14.256 trillion in 2009

Chinese Navy
Size 250,000 personnel
58 submarines
77 principal surface combatants
84 amphibious warfare ships
~387 coastal warfare vessels
~31 mine warfare vessels
~370-480 landing craft
~150 auxiliary/support vessels
Engagements
Chinese Civil War
Sino-Vietnamese War
Anti-Piracy in Somalia

US Navy
Size 433,500 personnel
289 ships
3,700+ aircraft
11 Aircraft carriers
10 Amphibious assault ships
9 Amphibious transport docks
12 Dock landing ships
22 Cruisers
55 Destroyers
30 Frigates
75 Submarines
Engagements
Revolutionary War
Quasi-War
Barbary Wars
War of 1812
Mexican-American War
American Civil War
Spanish-American War
World War I
World War II
Korean War
Vietnam War
Persian Gulf War
Operation Allied Force
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Anti-Piracy in Somalia

List of human space flights

List of Gold reserve by the tonne*

List of Nuclear Stockpiles

edit on 25-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hmmm... why can't North Korea win? You wanna know why?
Because.....

The NAVY blow them up son!

Sincerely,
Demi Royal
USS Abraham Lincoln CVN 72 COMCAGLOGIS WARRIORS

HOO YA!

edit on 25-11-2010 by demiroyale because: Navy pride baby.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

China cannot support North Korea because here, N Korea clearly and obviously fired first. If there was a time ti strike with probably cause, now would be it. This is quite literally the first time since the Korean War that it is clear and obviously the North's fault for a problem. Therefore, because China cannot officially support the North without looking bad, I say turn them into dust.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Are we still at war with north korea - i know we dont talk about it but i believe we have troops their

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join