It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

your right i didn't count the Mexicans.

but in all fairness all they have to do is hop a fence or swim across a river. Not sail across an ocean to invade like China would have to do.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by Bicent76

you don't know what China has to do with the Korean conflict? where have you been under a rock? no seriously where have you been? China is the only country that has any influence on NK they are the ones when they say jump NK listens to when NK pulls a stupid stunt like this.

and to invade conventionally or unconventionally China still has to get their troops to U.S. Soil and in enough numbers to survive until China can mysteriously get reinforcments to the U.S. I.E more troops, air power etc. right now CHina doesn't have the capability to be anything but a regional power let alone a world power that can invade The. U.S.
edit on 11/23/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

what? Where was the chinese when they bombarded the border Yesturday? Also what does unconventional means have to do with troop occupations? I was not even talking about warfare, I was talking about the twenty first century.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Heard of puppet regimes?
Countries usually don't invade other countries to install puppet regimes,

spot on with the analogy

there have been several puppet regimes
installed in Central American countries
all thanks to our very own CIA.

Deep pockets will buy you anything
on the black market including governments.
The latest proof of this buying power is
in Afgh where the US is paying the Taliban
NOT to bomb their convoys.

Once the US Dollar crashes, those deep
pockets become a lot shallower.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by CuriousR

If this is true, and China is so keen on economical means, why did they fall for it? Not saying it isn't true. I for one believe the US is one of the Rothschilds biggest earners, so they arent going to let our government do anything that will LOSE them money, but why did China fall for the game???

What game?

Borrowing America money game?

Because China wants complete US collapse. China is gambling, China must have predicted that US will collapse eventually, after collapse China will own US, and could potentially install a puppet regime legitimately.

That's why China is playing an indirect proxy war against US in Afghanistan, by supporting Pakistan.

China is borrowing money from China for the war in Afghanistan, while China is indirectly fighting a proxy war against US in Afghanistan through Pakistan.

US can't attack Pakistan directly due to its nuclear capabilities. The only thing it can do is to support India.

But

China is putting huge pressure on India to stop siding with US by stationing Chinese troops in both sides of the border, hence Chinese troops present in Pakistani Kashmir, and China is supporting the Maoist rebels + using Pakistan to support the Kashmiri resistance, causing havoc.

I can go on, it is a great story, war these days is not as simple as you may think. War these days are 100X more complicated than it used to be.

Nah you have alot of that wrong

The US doesn't want to attack pakistan and bombs its tribel areas in the north on most weekends, with Pakistani permission, Pakistan is allied with the US on the war agaist terror CIA British special forces all operate on the boarder regions and inside, attacking pakistan would be the most backwards move ever, its nonsensical!

The terroists have more bases in pakistan than in afghanistan, most are training camps which don't last very long, they are on the run afghan is not even a war, its pathertic, most soldiers wont even see the enemy in a 6 month tour, anything else is properghanda to stay longer & rape it of minerals,

India does not get on very well with pakistan and is very good friends with the west... they are not so chummy with china however, the boarders are still some what disputed, the close boarder have sparked quite abit of tension,

The weapons do not come from pakistan the CIA & special forces are fairly good at tracking hardware through pakistan as you would expect with US & Pakistan hunting them down, Iran is pretty much the only place left the hardware is coming from still in numbers,

I don't think russia has any big problems with the west & US anymore i think we have seen the last of that, Russia is back on special operations in afghanistan & is in talks of lending helicopters with Nato i believe, the cold war is long gone, its bridge building days with russia there is no problem at all right now with russia, the focus has shifted to China, IMO i think the US, EU, & Russia will be allies & part of Nato in a few years time, let see shall we

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by boondock-saint

your right i didn't count the Mexicans.

but in all fairness all they have to do is hop a fence or swim across a river. Not sail across an ocean to invade like China would have to do.

Do you think it is hard for China to support the Mexicans for a cause?

That is how US destabilizes nations around the world, by supporting extremists in the country to stir trouble, then hope those extremists would keep supporting the US till the end.

Think about Afghanistan for example, before US support for some extremists, Afghanistan was a moderate country, with a great economy, a great military, great Universities. Guess what, before US F'ed it up, people wore mini skirts in Kabul University in cold snowy winter.

You have no idea of how the world works do you??

America is not short of extremists, start with Patriots, then Mexican extremists, black extremists, Christian extremists etc etc.

It wouldn't be that hard to orchestrate a civil war in US, then China could use the opportunity to support and install its own American puppet regime.

The puppets will obviously be American, but China will be the Ayatollah.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by leisuredrummer

For those who don't understand i appoligize in advance,,, so the next time the missle/shells contain gas or something ,just another opps sorry ??/
A child who gets away with it everytime is only gonna grow up to be a spoiled kid with big toys.

I can't understand that, they killed how many south koreans now? whats the count up too now?
There an allie and that too me is the most dangerous part, cause if u don't have any allie left in the junk yard,, yer ass is grass,, u don't thing spoiled child dosent see this?

They aren't an ally. They are a possession and a source for cheap goods. Friendship and allegiance is secondary to that consideration.

Besides, if we just go in and attack, there won't be a handful of dead civilians, there will be millions.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Something is amiss in this scenario. Why would N. Korea try to incite an incident by firing a few rounds at a meaningless target especially when they have the capability of hitting the western U.S.? This was calculated for purposes beyond a simple barbaric attack. Although everything is simply a predicition at this point I believe there to be some interesting scenarios at play here which include China. The U.S. military is spread extremely thin across multiple continents. The U.S. economy is on the verge of collapse, there is more foreign/U.N. troops on U.S. soil than ever before, and we have a president whom has taken a vastly different approach to foreign policy. The Chinese have lowered the U.S. credit rating, mysterious missles being fired off the coast of California which theories include Chinese involvement in defacto war, and multiple countries questioning the legitimacy of the dollar? U.S. leaders and prominent media personalities are expressing their concerns of an increasingly unstable U.S. society. At this point I'm only spewing conjecture rather than adding valuable information but one does have to question: What does N. Korea stand to gain? I know the whole food thing, which is way overblown, but really? Do you think N. Korea would do this without the knowledge of their biggest ally and most ardent supporter in China? The Taepodong-2 is a 3 stage rocket which can successfully deliver a payload to the west coast so they are fully capable of substantially more. If this was poker I would say our opponent is either trying to get us to tip our hand, call our bluff, or go all in. We don't bluff that often, so the enemy must be prepared for the other two.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
reply to post by WeRpeons

The united states is required to respond! They have many bases over in RoK and over 25,000 some troops. We are allies with RoK if you have forgotten. If they strike South Korea in a major conflict of which kills U.S troops, do you think we should let that go? America can hold it's own if something big happened.

Hah. Required to respond, eh?

How about another round of talks and sanctions? That's about all the response we will give them.

Seriously, with this sort of comment, you show that you really have no understanding of the situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is it okay if we leave this thread to news and not so much debate? Pretty please

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by impending_pyrrhic_victory
Something is amiss in this scenario. Why would N. Korea try to incite an incident by firing a few rounds at a meaningless target especially when they have the capability of hitting the western U.S.? This was calculated for purposes beyond a simple barbaric attack. Although everything is simply a predicition at this point I believe there to be some interesting scenarios at play here which include China. The U.S. military is spread extremely thin across multiple continents. The U.S. economy is on the verge of collapse, there is more foreign/U.N. troops on U.S. soil than ever before, and we have a president whom has taken a vastly different approach to foreign policy. The Chinese have lowered the U.S. credit rating, mysterious missles being fired off the coast of California which theories include Chinese involvement in defacto war, and multiple countries questioning the legitimacy of the dollar? U.S. leaders and prominent media personalities are expressing their concerns of an increasingly unstable U.S. society. At this point I'm only spewing conjecture rather than adding valuable information but one does have to question: What does N. Korea stand to gain? I know the whole food thing, which is way overblown, but really? Do you think N. Korea would do this without the knowledge of their biggest ally and most ardent supporter in China? The Taepodong-2 is a 3 stage rocket which can successfully deliver a payload to the west coast so they are fully capable of substantially more. If this was poker I would say our opponent is either trying to get us to tip our hand, call our bluff, or go all in. We don't bluff that often, so the enemy must be prepared for the other two.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Seems like I have to post this up again.

Please read this post and the links therein, if you think we can just attack North Korea.

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
OK, to help everybody along who actually desires understanding about North Korea, I will repeat post some good information I posted early this morning.

To everybody who thinks we can just waltz into North Korea and blow them away, or who thinks we can just nuke them and make them go away, you are dead wrong. Don't agree with that statement? Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger. Take up your beef with the US Marine Corps. Here's your first homework assignment: www.fas.org...

Next homework assignment is to download the free Google Earth, and load in this exhaustive KML file which will show you the breadth of North Korea's KNOWN military preparations for the US / ROK invasion scenario. Get your homework here: www.nkeconwatch.com...

Your third homework assignment is to read the relevant Rand Corporation reports regarding the situation on the Korean peninsula. Start with report 3305.1 www.rand.org... and then go to www.rand.org... and search for north korea in the search box for more in-depth background information. Also take this opportunity to study the Rand CB publication on game theory, which will help you analyze the situation from a more logical and theoretically provable point of view. www.rand.org... is your next assignment.

After you complete your homework we can have a real discussion. If those of you who prefer just to rely on blind egoism and pretended superiority based on information you have heard from talk radio want to continue on with your current lack of real knowledge about the situation, I surely can not stop you. However I would not expect anybody to give you a blue ribbon for staying in a state of ignorance after I have gone out of my way to point you to real, vetted, useful information, the exact same information that is used by the various branches of the US Government when analyzing the situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
You know, Kim Jon Fat, the world has had about enough of your nonsense. A child, running a country. Who will end up like Hitler when his enemies descend on him....

Seems like you need to do the homework I assigned.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
Poor little kimme. Nothing to see here kids, he is just a little tyrant who thinks he is a powerful leader. You know, i think he needs a spanking. Maybe the U.N will go in there and give Kimme a good spanking. It's time the bully on the playground gets put in time out. One good smack and he will go home crying to momma.

Please refer to the homework assigned in www.abovetopsecret.com... and then you can change your attitude. Kim's a jerk but beating your chest like a baboon will not impress anybody.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Typical, the NK spoiled brats pick a fight and run to hide behind their big Chinese buddy.

NK is simply trying to leverage a better position ahead of possible 6 party talks. Same old game new day.

The US would be wise to pull back from this and other conflicts to prepare for what is coming at home.

There is an enemy lurking in the shadows waiting to strike and leave the US with no nation to retaliate against.

The US economy will be hit by a death blow and it will be so powerful that even the Chinese will feel pain from it.

This isn't a good time for the US to be playing the role of a global super-power.

What , i'm confused here. I could swear , you just threatened the U.S.A. SECURITY.

You can't see the writing on the wall here?

If you think you can frighten people into shutting up with your fake patriotism you are wrong.

Next you will be saying "Oh the victims of Kim Jong Il don't want to hear rational analysis, they want to see rivers of blood!"

Get hip, man. Don't be a tool. Read this and liven up: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

Way to advance a debate there "future" marine.

Don't you dare say anything that offends me, or I will make the shame shame motion against you with my finger! I claim the moral high ground, and will stick fingers in my ears and LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Pakistan is allied with the US on the war against terror

incorrect
PAK allegiance is with PAK ONLY.
PAK only allows the US to bomb
tribal areas cuz the US pays them
lots of money to do so.

PAK can be bought
and it has been

note the latest border shutdown
and the supply convoys got torched.
When the US paid up, attacks completely
stopped and the border re-opened.

Money bears no allegiance to a flag.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

dude you are so singing to the choir..

These guys are bots or something.. In lala land.. Or inexperienced and uneducated people..

I can assure you the pages will go on and the argument over guesses will continue..

link   
reply to post by Xeven

Some homework for you, if you think it's a cakewalk: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, get your butt over to the recruiting station! They always need fresh brave people like you, who seem more than willing to go to your possible death to defend whoever we need you to defend.

Chickenhawk.

link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Russia still supports Iran.

US thinks Russia stopped the sales of S300 missile defense system, but that was BS, they gave it to Iran undercover, now Iran is pretending to build their own domestic S300 system, which is BS also, because we all know Russia gave them that system.

They already made S200, now they made S300 so quickly.

No one realizes that Iran already paid the money, Russia never gave the money back. I'm sure Russia provided them with the missiles

While the West thinks Russia is their buddy, thinking Russia has forgotten about the cold war lol..

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join