It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And as far as everyone relying on the Money gonna save us,, mentality,, wake up their Comunists. Remember Capitalism/Communism

Communists dont give a rats ass about the money,, Communist-->that would be China's military/ or maybe their Party/ or maybe it was the b euro crats, but i maybe wrong, maybe just my imagination.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Finally got back on this thread and wow, thats alot of pages. Anyways, not sure if this has been posted in here yet.

S. Korea vows 'stern retaliation' against N. Korea's attacks

SEOUL, Nov. 23 (Yonhap) -- President Lee Myung-bak ordered his military Tuesday to punish North Korea for its artillery attacks "through action," not just words, saying it is important to stop the communist regime from contemplating additional provocation.

"Reckless attacks on South Korean civilians are not tolerable, especially when South Korea is providing North Korea with humanitarian aid," the president said. "As for such attacks on civilians, a response beyond the rule of engagement is necessary. Our military should show this through action rather than an administrative response" such as statements or talks, he added. He did not rule out the possibility of follow-up attacks.

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said. "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."

Theres also a story on the beforeitsnews website about SKorea preparing a stike, but I wouldnt really call beforeitsnews a legitimate source.....so im not going to put it on here.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You guys talk about petty bickering, but this is at least the fifth post I have read, talking about Oozyism's avatar. Which has nothing to do with the thread. I understand you don't like him or what he has to say, but petty bickering over his avatar contributes nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Is it just me or are the world governments in question here acting like a bunch of school kids ?

Seriously Pisses me of we should all be working together to sort this out civil & peacefully, not going oh well thats it we shall walk past your house and call you names now, yeah well if you do that i'll get my dad, well.. my dads bigger than yours

There really is no hope for humanity at all is there, a smart civilization would work together to get into space and make sure there was enough resources/wealth to go round with out killing each other over a bag of peanuts

i just hope nothing happens, lets be honest if it did, it will get really ugly fast, we will all most likely have to fight because these pathetic people we call leaders differences and end up back in the stone age

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
this is just a theory of mine
but if NK attacks that Naval Exercise
in the Yellow Sea, you can bet the bank
that Israel will take advantage of the chaos
and bomb Iran's nuke sites. Thus we have
a 2-front battle going on. Thus sides are chosen
similar to this:

Allies:
US
South Korea
Japan
Israel
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Taiwan
Britain

Axis:
North Korea
China
Russia
Cambodia
Pakistan
Iran
Lebanon
Jordan
Syria
Egypt

then u will have a split of allegiances
among the EU which could dissolve
the EU and the Euro crashes when the
US Dollar crashes.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I would suggest stocking up on food and supplies
right about now. This will not have a happy ending.
The US and SK just moved into "Check".

Oh please. The same was said when they tested a nuke. And then another one. And when they (supposedly) sunk the SK ship. Nothing is going to happen. Forget "check" - it's more like "stalemate". The losses to the SK side would be too massive to handle, and the US would never allow them to attack anyway - not with 30,000 of its own troops sitting right there.....and everything else spread over the Middle East, thousands of miles away. NK will continue to do stupid things to get some attention, and the US will continue to phone up SK and say "it's not worth it.....let them get on with it and we'll do some joint exercises for show..."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

you need to add the UK, France, Germany, Canada to the allies list and remove Saudi. Saudi will never join in a fight with Israel even if it is against Iran.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Oh please. The same was said when they tested a nuke. And then another one. And when they (supposedly) sunk the SK ship. Nothing is going to happen. Forget "check" - it's more like "stalemate".

under normal circumstances I would say your right.
But this is NOT normal circumstances.
Military and Civilians are dying.
Homes are being destroyed.
Military and personal property are being destroyed.
None of that occurred testing nukes.
Different scenario altogether.
Let a US Naval Ship get attacked
in the Yellow Sea .....
and it's on.

The USS Liberty comes to mind
right about here
edit on 11/24/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Nuke NK. Yes, it really is that simple. Logistically speaking, there isn't a whole lot else that can be done regarding their insane ruling party. Also, if done properly, the taking out of their entire leadership, as well as a sizable portion of their military force, can in fact be accomplished in one swift blow (With MINIMAL civilian casualties). The only questions is whether or not we possess the backbone to do what is necessary in order to achieve victory.

It's a shame that we didn't allow for General MacArthur to finish the job half-a-century ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Hours after North Korea's deadly artillery attacks Tuesday, South Korea's president said "enormous retaliation" is needed to stop Pyongyang's incitement, but international diplomats urgently appealed for restraint.

"The provocation this time can be regarded as an invasion of South Korean territory," President Lee Myung-bak said at the headquarters of the Joint Chiefs of Staff here, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.

cnn

don't know if this is SK talking big but it makes you wonder if the story on beforeitsnews is legit

ETA: farther down the article

The United States has about 28,500 troops deployed in South Korea. A U.S. defense official said more than 50 U.S. Navy vessels are in the area, including a carrier strike group led by the USS George Washington.

now does the Washington have orders to head into the Korean ops area? and where is the Nimitz and the Reagan and their strike groups?

Also the Truman and the Lincoln were in the gulf. and one of them should be headed home. where are they at now?

all questions that need to be answered to determine how serious Obama is taking this.
edit on 11/24/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

you need to add the UK, France, Germany, Canada to the allies list and remove Saudi. Saudi will never join in a fight with Israel even if it is against Iran.

I agree

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I can agree with you to a point. Yet sooner or later the powder keg will blow. Hurling hundreds of rockets artillery, or whatever you want to call it with the intent to kill and destroy is pretty crazy, it would be the equivalent of someone shooting a machine gun at your house. Sooner or later South Korea, will nut up. I can just imagine what the people are saying to their leaders right now in south korea. I can imagine they are pissed, and if their not, then they are doomed.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I believe that to be a flaw in judgment.
Hence the new $600B arms deal we just signed
with Saudis. They said the same thing that Saudi wouldn't
help coalition forces when they went after Saddam.
We see where those air sortese took of from didn't we?
And where those Patriot Batteries were located?
On Saudi soil. If enough money and arms is involved,
the Saudi Royals will back Peter Pan.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Did it take a while for you to think that out?
I believe Vietnam would be an ally with the U.S.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

similar to this:

Allies:
US
South Korea
Japan
Israel
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Taiwan
Britain

Axis:
North Korea
China
Russia
Cambodia
Pakistan
Iran
Lebanon
Jordan
Syria
Egypt

US Dollar crashes.

i think the rest of the world may sit this one out

But

If china get involved

i think this is possible

US
South korea
All of Nato

Vs
North Korea
China
Iran

Russia who knows

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

you need to add the UK, France, Germany, Canada to the allies list

UK was listed as Britain

and France and Germany and Canada
might try to remain neutral in the beginning
but will eventually have to choose a side later on.
I didn't list them for that reason. They may wait
to find out how the EU is gonna split.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

similar to this:

Allies:
US
South Korea
Japan
Israel
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Taiwan
Britain

Axis:
North Korea
China
Russia
Cambodia
Pakistan
Iran
Lebanon
Jordan
Syria
Egypt

US Dollar crashes.

I guarantee you that China will shove NK under the bus, because they have much longer-termed goals regarding the United States, and the entire world for that matter. Russia doesn't like China, and they most certainly don't appreciate a NK that has the capability to contest their power hold (They like them as a little bully puppet (ie, A proxy), but they won't waste their resources to save them (The same as what occurred in the Korean War, but this time they wouldn't even go that far)).

North Korea will be on its own when the time comes, but hopefully that time arises before they make a much graver mistake (ie, Granting reliable nuclear payload launch technology to Iran).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

actually, russia and china are becoming "best friends" it seems.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

sorry Boon but your wrong on the issue of Saudi and Israel. it doesn't matter how much money the U.S. gives Saudi they will never side with Israel, let alone with Israel against another arab country. They would stay neutral or side with Iran before Israel.

Why do you think Israel was forced to eat Scuds during the '91 gulf war? because Saudi told the U.S. if Israel joins the Allies that Saudi and every other arab country fighting Iraq would help Iraq.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

I think China, remembers General MacArthur...
Thats why they are reaching out.. j/k

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join